IGNORED

LJ love in - why?

Wolfgang

What is it with LJ and this love in that most City fans on here seem to have with him. He didn't rip up any trees when he was at Oldham or Barnsley, and still has a lot to prove as a Manager - I never wanted him as Manager and even when we were 'flying high' after some fluke results didn't change my mind. When we get 0 points out of the next two games, it will be interesting to see what the reaction will be - City fans have always been amazingly fickle and I expect the knives will be sharpened. Let's be honest he wasn't much good as a player and only ever played because his Dad was manager, I don't think he is any better as a Manager than he was as a player. If he manages to see out the season, i think we will be in for a tough time and will languish at the bottom end of the table.

1 minute ago, generation1 said:

strange choice of post for your first one

Just setting out his stall to make it easier to put him in one of the camps for future reference - happy clappers, cynics, pun merchants, it's all little Lee's fault, it's all Steve Lansdown's fault, it's all Bristol Sport's fault,  talk bollox, talk sense, 3-5-2, 4-4-2, don't give a scooby, etc. etc. 

2 hours ago, Wolfgang said:

What is it with LJ and this love in that most City fans on here seem to have with him. He didn't rip up any trees when he was at Oldham or Barnsley, and still has a lot to prove as a Manager - I never wanted him as Manager and even when we were 'flying high' after some fluke results didn't change my mind. When we get 0 points out of the next two games, it will be interesting to see what the reaction will be - City fans have always been amazingly fickle and I expect the knives will be sharpened. Let's be honest he wasn't much good as a player and only ever played because his Dad was manager, I don't think he is any better as a Manager than he was as a player. If he manages to see out the season, i think we will be in for a tough time and will languish at the bottom end of the table.

2 out of 10 for effort.

**** off back to Gaschat you tragic arsehole.

Alright Cotts, how's it going?

Cool, we'll sack LJ and get YOUR Dopey in, satisfied ?

3 hours ago, Wolfgang said:

not when, you probably meant to say if

5 hours ago, Wolfgang said:

:dunno:

Not withstanding the fact that dear old Wolfgang is clearly on a wind up , I am a bit concerned that Lee has "gone into his shell " a little lately . Barnsley fans main gripe about LJ was that he played over protective and negative football with just a lone striker up top . When LJ first arrived ( with nothing to lose and everything to gain ) , we saw the exact opposite and scratched our heads wondering what the heck Barnsley fans were on about . Now , we are starting to see a lot of the above unfortunately . I really like LJ , as I did when he was a player . However , as a player he had bags of ability but lacked conviction and bite and was often overly negative . I really want him to succeed but I do hold a little fear that his management style is mirroring his playing style now that the "honeymoon is over " 

7 hours ago, Wolfgang said:

Sounds like you've already done yours!!!

:gasmask:   ???

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

At least do some research next time. Lee Johnson is City's Head Coach. He's not the manager. You're referring to the old top down structure before the arrival of Mark Ashton. In short we've gone continental Wolfie love. 

It's people like Wolfgang questioning the goings on at our club, that ultimately increases the demand and pressure for success, which means we achieve a little more than our deluded friends across the river. What they as a group of supporters do is close ranks, shout down the questioners and call them sheds. exactly what some on here are doing. It's a forum, he's entitled to have a say, don't abuse him, attack the post not the poster if you disagree. I actually agree with some of what he's saying and in my opinion the jury is very much still out on the head coach, who's managing our team. Our supporters are more demanding of players, managers and owners, and rightly so. Nobody ever got anywhere without striving for better, I give you BRFC as an example, content with what they have. 

To say that he didn't achieve much at oldham is extremely naive and shows the OP isn't clued up with all the information.  I work in the town and have a few mates that are oldham fans.  Those that aren't bitter at his departure will tell you he did extremely well given the budget he had and the constants put in place by the board. 

Just a couple of years on from his departure they are staring their first relegation in well over a decade in the face and only stayed up last year after some miracle working from John Sheridan, who after working wonders left for a league two club with greater ambitions. 

Bristol City head coach Lee Johnson not content to settle for a mid-table Championship finish

By a_stockhausen  |  Posted: November 08, 2016

0 COMMENTS   SHARES
Bristol City boss Lee Johnson

Bristol City boss Lee Johnson

Comments (0)

Ambitious Bristol City head coach Lee Johnson is not content to settle for a mid-table finish in the Championship this season.

Saturday's defeat by Brighton served notice that City's new-look side still has some way to go before it can challenge the very best teams in the English second tier.

But Johnson still believes it is possible for the Robins to mount a sustained challenge for a place in the end-of-season play-offs.

While admitting his side was second best to automatic promotion candidates Brighton, Johnson said all the right things in the post-match press conference, clearly setting out his ambitions between now and May.

Read more: Joe Bryan admits Bristol City were simply not good enough against Brighton and Hove Albion

And the young head coach has his sights trained on a top-six finish, despite the Robins having won just one of their last five Championship outings to drop out of the play-off positions.

Yet City remain well-placed to mount a challenge, just two places and two points outside of the top six with a third of the season gone. Johnson is intent upon strengthening his squad in the January transfer window and is urging his players to dig in and try to remain in contention until reinforcements arrive.

He said: "There are probably three or four places to go for in the play-offs. There are certainly three places up for grabs.

"We've shown we're not quite where we want to be yet and we've got to work really hard to stick in the pack.

Read more: Bristol City boss Lee Johnson holds goalkeeper Richard O'Donnell responsible for Sidwell's goal

"I see too many things I don't like when we play the top sides and we have to improve. November is going to be a really tough month for me, but we have to bounce back if we are to stay in touch."

Although this City side remains a work in progress, City have made significant improvements already this season. A year ago, they were lodged in the relegation zone and sighting for Championship survival.

The team managed by Steve Cotterill accrued just 15 points from the opening 16 games last season, at which point the focus was very much on finding a way to finish above fellow strugglers Bolton Wanderers, Charlton Athletic, Rotherham United and MK Dons.

Johnson took over as head coach in February and, together with assistant John Pemberton, masterminded a recovery that saw the Robins finish comfortably in mid-table. That improvement has continued apace this term and City, bolstered by the arrival of 14 new players in the summer, have established themselves in the top half of the table.

But the manner of Saturday's defeat at the hands of Brighton suggests further reinforcements will be needed in January if the Robins are to remain in contention for a play-off place.

Big-hitters Derby County and Aston Villa are gathering momentum following a slow start to the season, while Leeds United and Birmingham moved above Johnson's men at the weekend.

But City remain one of up to a dozen clubs with a genuine chance of making the top six and Johnson is right to set his sights high.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/bristol-city-head-coach-lee-johnson-not-content-to-settle-for-a-mid-table-championship-finish/story-29874665-detail/story.html

Archived