IGNORED

U23's V Newcastle

phantom

I went to the game and in some ways similar to watching the 1st team, we had plenty of possession but hardly created anything in the final third. De Girolamo looked our most effective forward, Engvall struggled to get into the game. Twerton is a difficult surface (very bumpy) but the Newcastle lads (managed by Peter Beardsley) adapted better, breaking quickly from defence and willing to run and take people on. There were few shots from either side and LJ was on the bench with McAllister and didn't look very impressed. Pack was our best player but then I suppose he should be. 

6 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

I went to the game and in some ways similar to watching the 1st team, we had plenty of possession but hardly created anything in the final third. De Girolamo looked our most effective forward, Engvall struggled to get into the game. Twerton is a difficult surface (very bumpy) but the Newcastle lads (managed by Peter Beardsley) adapted better, breaking quickly from defence and willing to run and take people on. There were few shots from either side and LJ was on the bench with McAllister and didn't look very impressed. Pack was our best player but then I suppose he should be. 

Thanks for that.

Twerton was certainly an "interesting" choice of venue, especially when there are only 2 more football games to be played at AG this year!

Engvall being replaced (uninjured) so early on with no first team game on the horizon for another 11 days suggests that he is not thought of as in serious contention yet, De Girolamo might well have a chance of being on the bench soon based on this..

18 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

De Girolamo was the best player on the pitch in the two U/23 games I've seen . 

23 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Thanks for that.

Twerton was certainly an "interesting" choice of venue, especially when there are only 2 more football games to be played at AG this year!

Engvall being replaced (uninjured) so early on with no first team game on the horizon for another 11 days suggests that he is not thought of as in serious contention yet, De Girolamo might well have a chance of being on the bench soon based on this..

Archived