IGNORED

The Official Birmingham City v Bristol City Match Day Thread

5 minutes ago, MigratedRobin said:

The longer we hold on, the more restless the Birmingham fans will get! Need to get to halftime with no goal conceded, then who knows.

I am beginning to believe this is Lee pre match team talk every game (Just change name of team.).

Edited by Roadrunner
  • Like 1

OK a little bit from me (for what my opinions worth)

Two pretty awful teams first half. Birmingham look stronger though for sure, they just don't have much in the final third. If they click. ..they will score, as we look very suspect at the back.

Going forward we have offered nothing.  I have no idea what Patterson brings to the team. We really don't look like we have a clue.

We need to wake up and take some control of the game. Neither team are at the bit...both teams will see this game as here for the taking 

9 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

OK a little bit from me (for what my opinions worth)

Two pretty awful teams first half. Birmingham look stronger though for sure, they just don't have much in the final third. If they click. ..they will score, as we look very suspect at the back.

Going forward we have offered nothing.  I have no idea what Patterson brings to the team. We really don't look like we have a clue.

We need to wake up and take some control of the game. Neither team are at the bit...both teams will see this game as here for the taking 

Oh dear. As we were in previous games then. 

Just tuning in, see lots of moans groans worries and concerns here... then I see the stats, few shots from us but am I wrong in thinking that at h/t we have a clean sheet away from home... if I was a Brummy at home I'd be more concerned tbh....

Right then, second half, we have the home fans pretty bloody quiet, and we do seem to favour second halves so COYR's .... lets go at 'em and get a point or three!

• Like 4
5 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

Thanks Hav,interesting read-wonder do the gas have such insightful match day threads I wonder??!..

Unlikely. ;)

4 hours ago, finbarr_in_z said:

Even with the more than excellent piece, my first thought was "surely it would be a robin"?

Its a fair question. I was not so creatively aware when I wrote of the more obvious crow to illustrate a direct line.

2 hours ago, zippycar said:

As ever a informative and insightful preview Havanatopia and only the third instance of word obfuscation being used in over 2.5 million posts!

And is case you don't fully understand its meaning, like me, this is what Wkii says:

Obfuscation is the obscuring of intended meaning in communication, making the message confusing, wilfully ambiguous, or harder to understand. It may be intentional or unintentional (although the former is usually connoted) and may result from circumlocution (yielding wordiness) or from use of jargon or even argot (yielding economy of words but excluding outsiders from the communicative value). Unintended obfuscation in expository writing is usually a natural trait of early drafts in the writing process, when the composition is not yet advanced, and it can be improved with critical thinking and revising, either by the writer or by another person with sufficient reading comprehension and editing skills.

Are you seriously able to attach some wizardry search engine doobery watsit to come up with that 1 in 833,333.33 occurrence? Absolutely marvellous Zippy.

2 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

That West Brom game was March '76 havana, on our way to the top flight.

Like the Alamo in the 2nd half, but the non stop support was fantastic and must have been a big factor in City holding on to take the points.

:chant6ez:BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL:chant6ez:

Thanks Noggers... I was told I could not go as I was too young.