IGNORED

Back from the game

Loderingo

17 hours ago, cityred exile said:

Had 2 UP TOP at Barnsley  FOR 90  MINS ,  RESULT 2  GOALS .

Actually we had 3 up top at Barnsley because it doesn't matter what position you deploy Tomlin in, he just goes where he wants.

We only created anything there after changing to 3-4-3 and going all-out attack. That also caused us to concede a late equaliser.

We're a mid-table side that had a good start to the season. We've improved on last year but we're not quite top 6 quality yet as we lack the ability to produce results when things don't go so well, through poor form or bad luck.

Current form is a little concerning but the underlying performances are OK and luckily we already have points on the board. I don't feel it's anything like it was a year ago when Cotterill was stubbornly sticking to something that hadn't worked all season. We're talking about something that worked pretty well for 10 games, then not quite so well.

I get what you are saying Dan but there are similarities. SC stuck with a system which other coaches would say openly they had been working on exploiting. They knew exactly what to expect.

LJ has stuck to a system long enough for scouts to report back to their coaches now. Early on it was new but now they have worked out how we will play. I guess we could still be getting points if we took our chances. But it still feels a bit like we have been sussed and don't know how to counter it. Keep tight to Tammy and get a bit physical with him. Keep LT dropping deep. Hey presto - we struggle.

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 08:23, Super said:

Actually thought in spells we played well especially second half but we need to be at it from the start not after we are behind in games.

it is definitely time he tried something new, because if we carry on like we have done in the last seven or so games. we will probably be very close to going down, I would bet they wished they had bought somebody in the last window with hindsight, but that is easy to say now, it was all going so well it just needs tammy to get back to what he did at the start of the season its all about confidence

Archived