IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Ipswich Town Match Day Thread

6 hours ago, reddogkev said:

A fine morning to you, Havanatopia, and as suggested in your opening paragraph, there is something uninspiring about a match against Ipswich.  The tractor boys are a rather unglamorous outfit, but they do still have Mad Mick McCarthy at the helm, so at least he adds a source of interest.

What grips my attention about today is the fact that Ipswich have the same points as us, so it's going to be a refreshing change not to play a team settled in the top 3 of the league.

On that point, I find it amazing that we've just played teams currently ranked places 2nd, 3rd, 4th.  Frankly, coming away from that sequence bereft of points is no need for concern, especially when you look at the exciting, attacking football we produced for large patches of the two away games.

Today's game has all the makings of a dour, hard-fought match; I'm going for City to score the deciding goal, and Wilbs to come from the bench to grab it in the last 15 minutes.  The safe money would be on a 1-1 draw.  Here's hoping I'm wrong and it turns into a six-goal thriller....

COME ON YOU REDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

An unglamourous outfit that has been League Champions of England, runners up twice in the old first division, won the FA Cup, and a European trophy ?

No to mention providing two successful England managers, one of which has the unique honour of providing this country with it's first and only World Cup winning achievement ?  

I think there's an automatic assumption from some outsiders that we're a place of rustic farmhands and backward country folk, made even worse since the label of "Tractor Boys" came about in recent years - one of which some here feel derogatory and unnecessary.

Anyway, the match is about underway over there about now and may the best team win.   Hopefully we can continue our recent form and take further points from today but for the sake of everyone involved, at least let's hope for an entertaining game and fair play.

6 hours ago, reddogkev said:

• Like 1

Wilbs booked

Why Do experienced players lack discipline?

Apparently he was angry because he wasn't earlier awarded a corner.

Just play to the whistle is surely a basic tenet

Makes me despair.  Oh for a quality striker like Big John who never rose to any poor decision.  He always got on with it and gave the best reply, more often than not, by putting the ball in the net

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Wilbs booked

Makes me despair.  Oh for a quality striker like Big John who never rose to any poor decision.  He always got on with it and gave the best reply, more often than not, by putting the ball in the net

Football is a relentless culture of whinging and whining. 

3 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Wilbs booked

If we make a cheeky bid perhaps Akinde would come back ...

• Like 1