IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Ipswich Town Match Day Thread

45 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Very impressive comeback game by Freeman. 

Superb goal, some great dribbling and crosses, full of running, and well deserved MOTM.

2-0 home win is satisfactory but Ipswich were very, very poor, probably even worse than expected.

We still had to battle for the badly needed 3 points today and even if it wasn't epic entertainment - bar that goal - the main thing is we got them.

Well done City.

Before todays game Ipswich had won 3/4 so not that poor !

4 hours ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

It's a link given to us ex pats by member Fixit for RB, but he asks us not to spread it around, as he could get into trouble with he's network provider.  What's this Facebook stream?

Its on the group 'Bristol City till i die' people go love on Facebook. It's not great but living in Scunthorpe it's good enough for me 

3 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Anyone else watching McGoldrick today thinking he'd be a decent foil for Tammy? 

Strong, quick (ish), good feet. Looked as good as he could with such poor service. 

Funny isnt it. I was talking about him 2nd half saying hes everything i'd NOT want us to sign!!

lots of ball, ran around a bit, did bugger all with it!!

had one season maybe two years ago where he maybe got 15 goals. Its a no from me!!

2 minutes ago, 8menhadadream said:

I was at the match RR and I haven't a clue what you're on about! :dunno:

Summat over-excited voiceover man was on about. One kid at the game whose mum was called Tammy Abraham was interviewed and mention was also made of John Atyeo from Belgium  (forget whether it's Big John's son or grandson ) who was also at the match.

I bet you were still in the bar! :nono: ;)

• Like 2
48 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Summat over-excited voiceover man was on about. One kid at the game whose mum was called Tammy Abraham was interviewed and mention was also made of John Atyeo from Belgium  (forget whether it's Big John's son or grandson ) who was also at the match.

I bet you were still in the bar! :nono: ;)

Was I in the bar?

I might have been TBH.

Actually, I probably was..

I was in the bar Robbo. :facepalm:

• Like 1
3 hours ago, OldlandReddies said:

soz, make that 3/6

3/11, or 3/12 including today.;)

More to the point Ipswich fans have been saying, even on OTIB, how disappointingly they've been performing generally, and I took my pre match opinion from that as much as recent results.

I thought they were pretty awful, with very little spark, and will only be heading down the table on that showing.

12 minutes ago, Erithacus said:

Freeman's first goal at the Gate - in a hundred odd appearances? And a 'flying bomb' to boot!

Yep, a notable statistic but of course only about half of those will have been at AG, and he's hit the woodwork any number of times.

A freak statistic really, and hopefully one that will change quite dramatically now he's finally got the monkey off his back in such spectacular fashion.

Couldn't view the highlights show from Channel 5 so missed any action, people are going wild over your second goal, by all accounts it was something to behold.    The penalty decision has been questioned by both sides, some say the challenge that lead to it from our goalkeeper was unnecessary but what's done is done.   There's little than can be done after the event.

It's easy for me to say as I follow the team week in week out, score after score, game after game, be it in attendance when possible or using our main forums (TWTD for example) to catch up with events and take in discussion, but for any outsiders you may well be aware we're a something of a poor team and have in fact been that way going back as far as a decade.   For any positive result that may occur, you can rest assured there will be two or three next up that goes against us.

In so many words, feels wrong giving plaudits to an opposition team that's just beaten you but what you may have seen today was your team picking up victory over an opposition that are largely devoid of ideas and creativity with a manager that couldn't finish a three piece jigsaw - and as for revealing the starting line up three days in advance - :facepalm:

Wouldn't go as far to say we handed you three points today, but as is often, we seem to help opposition teams more than we can help ourselves.

• Like 3
57 minutes ago, Southend Blue said:

Couldn't view the highlights show from Channel 5 so missed any action, people are going wild over your second goal, by all accounts it was something to behold.    The penalty decision has been questioned by both sides, some say the challenge that lead to it from our goalkeeper was unnecessary but what's done is done.   There's little than can be done after the event.

It's easy for me to say as I follow the team week in week out, score after score, game after game, be it in attendance when possible or using our main forums (TWTD for example) to catch up with events and take in discussion, but for any outsiders you may well be aware we're a something of a poor team and have in fact been that way going back as far as a decade.   For any positive result that may occur, you can rest assured there will be two or three next up that goes against us.

In so many words, feels wrong giving plaudits to an opposition team that's just beaten you but what you may have seen today was your team picking up victory over an opposition that are largely devoid of ideas and creativity with a manager that couldn't finish a three piece jigsaw - and as for revealing the starting line up three days in advance - :facepalm:

Wouldn't go as far to say we handed you three points today, but as is often, we seem to help opposition teams more than we can help ourselves.

Mate - as one of the two teams that held collections for us on '82 when it looked like we were going out of business - I wish you the best for the rest of the season. (apart from December 30th!)

McGoldrick had a decent game, but Lawrence will be glad not many ITFC fans witnessed his performance.:blink:

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Condensed Version

Late again due to being 30 odd thousand feet in the air but I reckon City will win 2-0 with Tomlin & Freeman on the scoresheet

Freeman? You`re having a laugh mate! He couldn`t score with a first time volley from 25 yards that flies into the top corner and wins the SSN goal of the day if his life depended on it.

Get real!:thumbsup:

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Southend Blue said:

I don't mean this in a nasty way but you were comfortably the worse team I've seen at AG this season.  You seemed to be really lightweight up front and, what amazed me most, was that even at 2-0 down in the last 10 minutes there was no especial urgency from your team to attack us.  Very strange tactics.

You will of course finish mid table (ish) so nothing much to worry about.

28 minutes ago, Chivs said:

I don't mean this in a nasty way but you were comfortably the worse team I've seen at AG this season.  You seemed to be really lightweight up front and, what amazed me most, was that even at 2-0 down in the last 10 minutes there was no especial urgency from your team to attack us.  Very strange tactics.

You will of course finish mid table (ish) so nothing much to worry about.

I thought that was bizarre too and I can`t imagine Mad Mick will be too happy about it. The only one who showed any urgency was McGoldrick, he was constantly going to get the ball and trying to get it back into play quickly. The rest looked like they`d given up and just wanted to go home.