IGNORED

The Atyeo lot today.....

Jack Dawe

Great effort, boys and girls. Well done. You dropped off a bit at 2:0, but before that you were excellent. Pity there aren't more of you in there.

I thought you could've sung a "you're supposed to be away" at the Ipswich lot. It's the away ones that are supposed to be noisy, after all.

I'm glad LJ recognised the fans today.

I was impressed as well. The chants and songs resonating from the Atyeo were impressive, so much so I mentioned it to the guy sat next to me.

I particularly liked "Frankie FIelding is in the building" repeated over and over. He obviously loved it to 'cos he pulled off that terrific save  from McGoldrick.....

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

I particularly liked "Frankie FIelding is in the building" repeated over and over. He obviously loved it to 'cos he pulled off that terrific save  from McGoldrick.....

You know you've been singing a while when you start to mix your words; at least a few times I belted out "Frankie Fielding's having a building" or "Frankie Fielding's in the Frankie"...

Had an Ipswich supporting client of mine as a guest in the box today and he remarked how loud they were. 

"Didn't know you had a standing terrace here." He asked and I explained the whole principle of the unreserved end and the lower season ticket price etc and he was very complimentary of the idea and the support. 

"We could do with some of that at Portman Road" 

Not the first person to mention them this season either, so keep up the good work as it's getting noticed....

1 hour ago, kivsy said:

Was in there today with my lad , didn't stop singing.  A few of us getting annoyed with the ref and Lino , ignoring blatant shirt pulling and holding in the box .  Surprised there were loads of empty seats, I thought  all season tickets were snapped up ? And no potd 

From the South Stand, it just looked like they moved the netting across a bit as they knew Ipswich were bringing less fans than some ... therefore gave people space to spread out.

COYR 

43 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I was a disappointed.

I was kept in the dark as to the geographical location of our keeper and any social plans our centre back might have made.

Without that info I feel a bit excluded. 

Where were Mr Ashton and Mr Clemence ? Imagine they feel left out as well !

1 hour ago, kivsy said:

Was in there today with my lad , didn't stop singing.  A few of us getting annoyed with the ref and Lino , ignoring blatant shirt pulling and holding in the box .  Surprised there were loads of empty seats, I thought  all season tickets were snapped up ? And no potd 

From the South Stand, it just looked like they moved the netting across a bit as they knew Ipswich were bringing less fans than some ... therefore gave people space to spread out.

COYR 

Being in the atyeo, one thing that is notable (in particular yesterday) is when singing repetitive songs (like the 'frankie fieldings in the building...') when it appears that the song is quietening/fading (call it what you like), the side/back of block h (whatever it's called now?) is continually hit/struck to get the necessary levels of noise/people clapping/singing back up again. 

For this reason alone I think it would make a difference having a drum in the atyeo to be used in moments like this to 'drum up the interest' in keeping everyone involved and in rhythm together. I think it would help our neighbours in the dolman too get involved as noticed a few in block a (again don't know what it's called now) loved joining in these repetitive songs.

The standing section at Celtic being trialed I believe has a drum and their 'continental' atmospheres they generate in that area stem from keeping everyone in rhythm and those in the vicinity of this area can often be seen/heard joining in too. Is this something we should/could do?

...Also, I do think that with the injustice of officiating of late, it gave everyone that added incentive to shout/boo/stamp their feet when anything was given (even the most obvious decisions that should have been in Ipswichs favour)

4 minutes ago, Leroyfromthestart said:

Being in the atyeo, one thing that is notable (in particular yesterday) is when singing repetitive songs (like the 'frankie fieldings in the building...') when it appears that the song is quietening/fading (call it what you like), the side/back of block h (whatever it's called now?) is continually hit/struck to get the necessary levels of noise/people clapping/singing back up again. 

For this reason alone I think it would make a difference having a drum in the atyeo to be used in moments like this to 'drum up the interest' in keeping everyone involved and in rhythm together. I think it would help our neighbours in the dolman too get involved as noticed a few in block a (again don't know what it's called now) loved joining in these repetitive songs.

The standing section at Celtic being trialed I believe has a drum and their 'continental' atmospheres they generate in that area stem from keeping everyone in rhythm and those in the vicinity of this area can often be seen/heard joining in too. Is this something we should/could do?

...Also, I do think that with the injustice of officiating of late, it gave everyone that added incentive to shout/boo/stamp their feet when anything was given (even the most obvious decisions that should have been in Ipswichs favour)

Yes, that went down really well last time someone tried it in the Eastend didn't it!

Yesterday proved it's completely possible to have a decent atmosphere without any wanky clappers, drums, bands, etc, etc. I despise all of that nonsense personally.

11 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Yes, that went down really well last time someone tried it in the Eastend didn't it!

Yesterday proved it's completely possible to have a decent atmosphere without any wanky clappers, drums, bands, etc, etc. I despise all of that nonsense personally.

It was just a suggestion based on something I noticed when some of the repetitive songs were fading, it does make a difference at other grounds like the example I've given at Celtic.

Where I agree with you is that we can still create an atmosphere without a drum, just think with those types of songs it does help keep everyone (not just in the vicinity of the atyeo) in rhythm.

It didn't work in the east end because the drums were over used, but played by the right person at the right times I think it could work.

1 hour ago, Leroyfromthestart said:

I agree, it will save my hands hurting like hell this morning:laughcont:

Archived