IGNORED

The Official Huddersfield Town v Bristol City Match Day Thread

2 hours ago, havanatopia said:

And before Tone trots along and slates the place consider this;

Condensed Version

Huddersfield:

The California of Northern England. A Garden of Eden filled with life's little pleasures.

A shithole really !!!

City 2-0 (Tomlin & Abraham). Red card for Frank Worthington in 62nd minute

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

You forgot the "how to stitch hole in't flat cap in 5 easy steps", "t'birth of 'ovis" and "field of't week for walking t'whippet".

You're right . I also forgot Havana's guide to forcing rhubarb and his granny's recipe for the perfect Yorkshire Pudding.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

49 years ago next Saturday, we won at the old Leeds Road 3-0. John Galley, hat-trick on debut !

I was at that game, having travelled on coach 1.

Snow on the hills driving to the ground, and black fleeced sheep in the fields, wasn't sure if that was their natural colour or soot from the chimneys.

Thanks for reviving the memory.

2 hours ago, Garland-sweden said:

Nice Pictures. Here in Sweden we now have snow. The landscape is light, not dark. Dont know how to say in English. Never mind, optimistic as usual. Confidence back and Think we will Winn 2-1. Always Believe, COYR!!!

We had a lot of snow in November, but all gone now after almost a week of rain, so back to darkness around 15.00. The last few years we haven't had snow until early New Year. Global warming eh?   My RB link is down until Tuesday, so will be hoping cricfree will show it as promised. If not Soccer Saturday and this Forum, hoping for a win, but a draw won't be a bad result.  COYR's

35 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Condensed Version

Huddersfield:

The California of Northern England. A Garden of Eden filled with life's little pleasures.

A shithole really !!!

City 2-0 (Tomlin & Abraham). Red card for Frank Worthington in 62nd minute

Huddersfield: the only town or city I've been to in Britain where most front gardens seem to have a washing line.

A bigoted southerner's clichéd view of the North.

10 minutes ago, cynic said:

I remember it well.

Said to my dad "I bet Galley gets a hat trick today"

When the score of 0-3 came up I said it again - no chance was the same reply.

We had to wait until I ran down to get the Green 'Un to see who scored - and I sprinted all the way home and I wasn't even in the door when I shouted "Told you, Galley got a hat trick !"

Happy (innocent) days !

I can even remember the headline..... "Great Galley, a hat-trick!"

Edited by slartibartfast
4 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Patterson and O'Dowda injured then?

Paterson is pictured exiting the changing room on City tweets, so only his pride is injured I suspect.

No idea about O'Dowda but LJ's much publicised squad rotation policy does seem to have been jettisoned recently.

• Like 1

I'm surprised we have stuck with 442.  I can see Huddersfield having all of the possession, who play 1 upfront.  

Think this will be a tough game where if we are too narrow we will be there for the taking.  

Hopefully we stick to our game plan and play well though 

Edited by miketh2nd
  • Like 1