IGNORED

Oh dear Frankie

coxyboy

I don't care how bad the back pass was, Frankie was a disgrace today and given that he's not dominant in the air and a complete liability with his kicking, he can't afford to make awful mistakes like handball out of the area, and then a heavy touch plus slow-motion chase after the ball. Not acceptable and you can't tell me that our defence feels confident in front of him. 

Drop him.

It was awful but I'm not sure dropping players after one mistake if beneficial to the squad. He needs a chance to pick himself back up. ROD went what? 3-4 games with mistakes before dropped. No one wants to have that in the back of their mind. FF is the best we have at the moment and he's got the mindset to not let today keep him down. I'd say he gets another go Tuesday(limited time to train with another keeper anyway). Discuss it after Tuesday night IMO. 

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I think he's a good keeper and I'm happy to have him as our number one. He's been steady this season. All goalies have shockers occasionally and today was FF's. 

We shouldn't forget he was the reason we were still in the game. 

Made a good save tbf but again flapping at corners,he's not good with his feet or corners. Decent keeper needed without doubt but it's not urgent like getting a striker in that lee will play instead of benching 

20 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I think he's a good keeper and I'm happy to have him as our number one. He's been steady this season. All goalies have shockers occasionally and today was FF's. 

We shouldn't forget he was the reason we were still in the game. 

Definitely better than ROD in recent times but I agree with many others; we have a goal keeping problem.

11 minutes ago, bcfcfinker said:

So we're blaming Frankie today?

Smith only marginally less to blame but you have to see it again and then ask the question; Did Frankie see Wells in the near vicinity as he saw Smith coming back to him? He should have done and If he did he should have booted the ball well away instead of trying to out pace and out play a striker.. very poor decision.

8 minutes ago, coxyboy said:

You must not have seen the cock  up's over last two seasons then? Hence why Cotts got ROD

What cock ups? Occasional errors maybe, but show me a second-tier keeper that doesn't make occasional errors. I can't recall FF making a significant error this season until today. ROD was brought in because we needed more numbers and decent competition.

26 minutes ago, mozo said:

I don't care how bad the back pass was, Frankie was a disgrace today and given that he's not dominant in the air and a complete liability with his kicking, he can't afford to make awful mistakes like handball out of the area, and then a heavy touch plus slow-motion chase after the ball. Not acceptable and you can't tell me that our defence feels confident in front of him. 

Drop him.

Frankie made 2 excellent saves today and was far from a disgrace, but 5 minutes of madness when he should have cleared into the stands twice, cost us. 

Shocking mistake but he made some top class saves to keep us in it . All keepers make mistakes at times. Let's be fair most of the rest of them had poor games with their keeper not tested so let's not heap all of the blame on fielding. I'd keep him in on Tuesday. 

Shocking mistake but he made some top class saves to keep us in it . All keepers make mistakes at times. Let's be fair most of the rest of them had poor games with their keeper not tested so let's not heap all of the blame on fielding. I'd keep him in on Tuesday. 

3 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

tbf Frankie did make 3 good saves today too, but I'd second Lucic starting Tuesday too. If you don't play them then you don't know if players are good enough - same as for Engval.

Won't happen. LJ knows it's a big game now so he will stick to the usual players.

Archived