IGNORED

Bradley Lowery - RIP

Dollymarie

Figured this little man deserved his own thread. He's got terminal cancer and his family has been told that further treatment won't be effective. So they're trying to make the most of the time he has left. He was a mascot at this weeks game. Various things are happening amongst the football community to give this little man the best time he can have in the time he has. Including sending him thousands of Christmas cards and trying to get him to win "goal of the month" for the penalty he took at this weeks game. 

Sky Sports News did a feature on Bradley. 5 minutes into the game,  there was a minute's round of applause. The video screens showed his shirt name and number (5).

When Football Clubs give their time and £10 (cost price) for a replica shirt, the after affects are priceless.

Anyone who doesn't get emotionally touched by this story and others such as Yeovil Town's Daryl (http://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/2016-11-03/13-year-old-signs-for-yeovil-town-just-for-one-day/) and our very own Oskar need to change jobs. May I suggest MI5 or a prison officer in North Korea? My two job suggestions are based on the fact that you cannot have any emotion when doing these occupations.

When I was driving home from the Gate on Tuesday I remarked to my friend about that five year old who died in Santa's arms. It put everything into perspective and made us feel so very fortunate that we have lived a decent length of time. Suddenly a one nil home defeat to the Bees seemed so inconsequential. We should always keep this in mind.

3 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

When I was driving home from the Gate on Tuesday I remarked to my friend about that five year old who died in Santa's arms. It put everything into perspective and made us feel so very fortunate that we have lived a decent length of time. Suddenly a one nil home defeat to the Bees seemed so inconsequential. We should always keep this in mind.

I read that story over and over… Santa saying that if he got the call, he would go…

Heartbreaking.

19 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

That one shockingly turned out to be made up which is awful

http://bbc.in/2gNprWQ

3 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Figured this little man deserved his own thread. He's got terminal cancer and his family has been told that further treatment won't be effective. So they're trying to make the most of the time he has left. He was a mascot at this weeks game. Various things are happening amongst the football community to give this little man the best time he can have in the time he has. Including sending him thousands of Christmas cards and trying to get him to win "goal of the month" for the penalty he took at this weeks game. 

I tweeted Mark Little to see if he could arrange to send a signed shirt by all our players to Bradley (similar to Blackburn Rovers) but have not received a reply.

I have posted a Christmas card to him.

Perhaps someone involved with the Hospice committee  can arrange something.

3 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Been following this young ones story over the last 6 months or so and I'm not too manly to admit that when I found out he had been given 2 months I shed a tear. Really hoped this would have a happy ending. So sad...

1 hour ago, Norn Iron said:

Sky Sports News did a feature on Bradley. 5 minutes into the game,  there was a minute's round of applause. The video screens showed his shirt name and number (5).

When Football Clubs give their time and £10 (cost price) for a replica shirt, the after affects are priceless.

Anyone who doesn't get emotionally touched by this story and others such as Yeovil Town's Daryl (http://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/2016-11-03/13-year-old-signs-for-yeovil-town-just-for-one-day/) and our very own Oskar need to change jobs. May I suggest MI5 or a prison officer in North Korea? My two job suggestions are based on the fact that you cannot have any emotion when doing these occupations.

I can't understand why anyone would wish to bring negativity into this thread!

Keep strong little man. I`m going round to see my niece and nephew tomorrow to drop their presents on the way up to AG and I am so grateful that they are both healthy kids and not going through what this poor chap is.

Things like this are wonderful when clubs go the extra mile. So many do it and get no credit whatsoever but it means so much to boys and girls who are suffering from these horrible diseases.

It's very hard to accept that a five year old should just fade away. Especially as the industry knows close to nothing about cancer. Surely there must be alternatives in well recognized institutions. You don't get the best treatment in the world in Hartlepool do you. With all footballers involved money should not be a problem. I loudly cry out for help.

Archived