IGNORED

Bradley Lowery - RIP

Dollymarie

When I read this about little Bradley, I cannot help but get emotional, even at my age of 66 life seems sometimes to be unfair. I think of those 'scum' who performed the atrocities in London this weekend and didn't deserve a life, and a little innocent like this who does deserve to live. If there is a God, when the time comes, take this little soul and give him peace, tranquility, and tons of love. He deserves it :sun: 

On 2017-5-25 at 19:43, Septic Peg said:

I too went through similar when I lost my old man. Just a few days before he passed, the ICU consultant sat us down and said they wanted to place a DNR on him and they wanted our permission. I refused as my dad would have told them to fewk off if it was me they were discussing in that hospital bed.

The day he died, they called us in to tell us and I remember the first thing that came out of my gob was "So that's it then? Game over?" as my mum crumbled beside me. The surgeon and ICU consultant looked at me like I was mad. Didn't help that my eyeball was the size and colour of a cricket ball thanks to hayfever I reckon...

My point being that I was blunt and to the point even at that tough time. It didn't mean I didn't respect the quacks for their care of my old man or that I wouldn't miss my dad. Being blunt is just a part of who I am.

Hugs and thoughts with Brad and his family. XXX

I hope this makes sense because I'm one of those that struggle with words but I feel that quite often its not what is said, it's whats in the feeling of whats being said. My familys thoughts & love go out to anyone facing these scenarios which sadly are too common.

As my beloved Grandad used to tell me...... "You Only Die When No-one Rembers You".

Love to all from Oz

A good few days for Bradley, even though the family know what's coming 

Bradley has had a lovely weekend at the caravan. He is still sleeping a lot but when he is awake he is his quirky little self. We have had our orders and he wants to go swimming so hopefully get to do that in the next few days even if he only gets in for 5 minutes. Although he seems to be doing ok on the outside we are finding new lumps and bumps each day so inside is obviously changing fast. We taking each day as it comes and treasuring every smile and we still hoping to go away somewhere close to home so we can enjoy some quality family time at end of this week. 

Last week when I was told brad had weeks to live I was obviously heart broken and the thought of only having a few weeks was unbearable. When I look at him now I can't believe it's true it is hard to think he is so poorly, I start to question what Iv been told. I know it is only wishful thinking on my behalf but when he gives me this smile he looks so well.

IMG_0661.PNG

When the worst does happen, I will bump this thread of course. Does anyone have any ideas how I can do that so people are aware before they read the thread? I could edit the post title. Sad that we're even having to discuss this, but would rather be sensitive to others. Ideas welcome. :) 

6 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

When the worst does happen, I will bump this thread of course. Does anyone have any ideas how I can do that so people are aware before they read the thread? I could edit the post title. Sad that we're even having to discuss this, but would rather be sensitive to others. Ideas welcome. :) 

Dolly, I think Redoxo above has got it right.

7 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Maybe change the title to Remembering Bradley Lowery. 

Low key, minimum fuss and I think most will get it. I hope. 

Well put REDOXO, it hurts to even think about it doesn't it ?.

What a brave little man!

3 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

I hope a fund can be set up in Bradleys name helping young people suffering from the same decease.

Familys approval of course.

Something very good must come out of the sadness  

The family have already said that now Bradley's cancer is terminal, the monies raised so far will go towards helping other kids :) 

A happy update from Bradley's holiday. So glad the family are getting to make these memories. 

Bradley is having a brilliant time away and he has been very busy. We have had a trip to the beach a day at the water park,  a night at the new haven site in Flamborough which they were fab with him and a trip to Whitby today. He is awake for about 4 to 5 hours a day which is plenty of time to have fun. We were told 3 weeks ago he had weeks to live and he is still going. I am so proud of him he is my little super star. I know he could change any day now and when that time comes it's going to be the hardest thing Iv ever had to do but for now we making the most of everything. 

Iv just seen the news where his school friends have sang a verse of his song. It was so heart warming and very emotional. Bradley loves his friends and he will love to see them singing for him. The single comes out tomorrow so download your copy #smileforbradley. 

Thank you everyone for the amazing support we wouldn't get through this without use 

IMG_0870.JPG

As a father of a 6 year old and a 3 year old can only imagine what the family are going through.

The way the family have handled themselves is inspiring, I mean at times like this most family's would want privacy but they realise now that Bradley has entered the hearts of many now. So sad life's not fair. Keeping going mate and so proud of you and your family.

Just now, Super said:

Feared the worst opening this but lovely to see the little man smiling. 

Have said earlier in the thread, when the thing we don't want to happen happens, I'll edit the thread title to make people aware of that, so they don't have to click on it if they don't want to. 

9 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Have said earlier in the thread, when the thing we don't want to happen happens, I'll edit the thread title to make people aware of that, so they don't have to click on it if they don't want to. 

Ok thanks Dolly.

Oh god :sad26:

Bradley is deteriorating fast, his temperature is going very high his breathing very fast his oxygen levels low. He is sleeping most the time apart from odd times awake. We knew this was coming but we are heart broken beyond words. We have been told he could be like this for days it just depends on him and his body 

Hey guys, 

Ihave just read the below update from facebook, hasnt been posted on here so hope you dont mind.

You are a true warrior Bradly.

Hi Guys Lynn here.
I have a quote from Gemma for you all - 
"Bradley is very weak now but is still fighting on in true Bradley style. He will only go when he decides. Xxx"

PS. We have been made aware of fake pages created in Bradleys name to gain likes and even have justgiving pages linked to them, please be vigilant. 
Thank you for your continued support and when the time comes it will be put on Bradley's official Facebook (here) and twitter before anywhere else. Xx

1 hour ago, RedM said:

I've just seen that Defoe has moved to Bournemouth, couldn't be further apart. Sometimes in life timing is crap.

He has said it won`t make any difference to his support for the lad, he`s still 100% with him. It`s only an hour on a plane from Bournemouth to Newcastle and I`m sure if he`s needed, he`ll be there. Bournemouth are the sort of club that would accommodate and support him on something like this too I think.

Archived