IGNORED

Bradley Lowery - RIP

Dollymarie

5 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

@WhistleHappy His birthday is 17th May. Aintree have listed him as a honorary runner in the National and the 'horse' weight is 17-5 (Brad's birthday).

Maybe birthday cards containing betting slips bearing his name as a favourite would be good if sent to him in they're thousands.. ?  would certainly be a unique birthday greeting.

His parents have sadly just posted this update on the Facebook page :( 

We have just got back from the hospital with news no parent should ever have to hear.....

Scan results show treatment that Bradley has been receiving is not working, this means we will not get him cancer free as this was our last option. 

We can still go to London and receive the trial there however this a phase 1 trial and hasn't shown any success in neuroblastoma up to now. 

We are understandably heart broken about the recent news hearing this type of thing never gets easier.

We don't know how long it will be before the cancer wins, but what we do know is that we will continue to make memories and enjoy our super hero every second of the day. 

Thank you to everyone for all your support 

3 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Just spent the last 2 hours chasing my 20 month old grandson round the house and garden, then I read this, heartbreaking. Can't even begin to imagine the pain that Bradley's parents and grandparents are feeling. 

Always such a beautiful smile on Bradley's face.I wish I had a fraction of his strength.All of us on this forum feel so agreived at having such a poor season,and then I look at my healthy family and wonder what the hell I am letting the football get under my skin for.

Hats off to Jermaine Defoe.In a time when footballers are (rightfully) routinely slated, Jermaine has shown utter class.

On 4/7/2017 at 17:04, Dollymarie said:

Sad to read this, many tears in my eyes as spent weekend ( except the match) with my 15 month old grandson. Bradley I hope a miracle occurs and you can get the health back we all take for granted.

I can't imagine what his parents and family are going through, absolutely dreadful, knowing he is in so much pain he can't do what he loves best. I'm not sure though if it was me, that I'd want everyone looking on as the end gets nearer. My thoughts are with him and those who care about him, Defoe included, as it's a very difficult time right now

More sad news from his mum today :( 

Bradley has been experiencing  a lot of pain over the past few weeks with his legs. Originally we thought it might of been off him doing to much playing. However he went down for an emergency MRI today and it has been confirmed that his cancer has progressed a lot and this is what is causing the pain. 
The consultant is trying to organise radio therapy on the site to allow us to get to America but we will know more tomorrow. 

This is not good news for us and things are moving to fast 

My heart also sank when they said on Match of the Day recently that Charlie, the tiny little four year old lad who walked out with Tom Heaton and the Burnley team, was suffering from a rare form of liver cancer and he's the first mascot to ever lead out Blackburn, Accrington Stanley and Burnley.

http://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/news/article/2016-17/showing-support-for-charlie-at-the-turf-3706753.aspx

Too many heartbreaking stories about young children who are suffering....I will never understand why they go through so much at such a young age.

Best wishes and lots of luck to Bradley, Charlie and all the rest...

2 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Bradley and JD seem to have a real bond. Wonder if it will influence his decision on whether to move clubs in the summer?? Must be a right gut wrencher to have to make. 

Maybe this little lad is remembered properly, when the time comes, with a statue outside the Stadium of Light.

As a dad of a 3yr old daughter, my heart literally breaks everytime i hear of a story of a child who has yet to live a life, only to have it cruelly taken away by outside influences. I can't imagine the pain, grief and suffering little Bradley and his family are going through.

Be strong one and all.

Can't help but feel for all involved. Bradley's family and friends as well as everyone at Sunderland including Jermaine. 

Just what a lovely person Jermaine Defoe is. He's taken a little boy into his world, treated him like one of his own and has obviously developed a very close bond with him. You can see that he'd bend over backwards for little Brad.

Gonna be a real tough decision for Defoe but either way, I'm sure Bradley and Jermaine will remain the best of pals. 

Stay strong Bradley. The football family are all with you. Always.

17 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Maybe this little lad is remembered properly, when the time comes, with a statue outside the Stadium of Light.

As a dad of a 3yr old daughter, my heart literally breaks everytime i hear of a story of a child who has yet to live a life, only to have it cruelly taken away by outside influences. I can't imagine the pain, grief and suffering little Bradley and his family are going through.

Be strong one and all.

It would be fitting. When we played up at Newcastle I went for a long weekend and on the morning of the game I went to Sunderland to have a little look around the outside of the stadium. They have plenty of room to add a statue, infact they had several modern art sculptures made out of metal climbing up a steep grassy bank and a sort of memorial garden place and a big old miners wheel thing, as well as very ornate Stadium of Light gates. I'm sure something for Bradley could be added when the time comes that would be appropriate and it wouldn't look out of place with what's there. I think I have some photos if anyone is interested I'll add them to this tomorrow?

6 minutes ago, RedM said:

It would be fitting. When we played up at Newcastle I went for a long weekend and on the morning of the game I went to Sunderland to have a little look around the outside of the stadium. They have plenty of room to add a statue, infact they had several modern art sculptures made out of metal climbing up a steep grassy bank and a sort of memorial garden place and a big old miners wheel thing, as well as very ornate Stadium of Light gates. I'm sure something for Bradley could be added when the time comes that would be appropriate and it wouldn't look out of place with what's there. I think I have some photos if anyone is interested I'll add them to this tomorrow?

would love to think Sunderland would not have too think about building it for 100 years.

Archived