Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Dollymarie

Bradley Lowery - RIP

I saw the goal of the month campaign mentioned on the BBC sport website earlier. Poor little fella :-( great from Sunderland though  

Edited by chipdawg

That was a hard watch. I don't know if it's possible to be happy or sad at the same time. 

• Like 3

Sent a card the other day. What a brave little lad. Amazing video Well done to JD, Sunderland and Chelsea.

Edited by Super
  • Like 2

Sky Sports News did a feature on Bradley. 5 minutes into the game,  there was a minute's round of applause. The video screens showed his shirt name and number (5).

When Football Clubs give their time and £10 (cost price) for a replica shirt, the after affects are priceless.

Anyone who doesn't get emotionally touched by this story and others such as Yeovil Town's Daryl (http://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/2016-11-03/13-year-old-signs-for-yeovil-town-just-for-one-day/) and our very own Oskar need to change jobs. May I suggest MI5 or a prison officer in North Korea? My two job suggestions are based on the fact that you cannot have any emotion when doing these occupations.

Edited by Norn Iron
Spelling

When I was driving home from the Gate on Tuesday I remarked to my friend about that five year old who died in Santa's arms. It put everything into perspective and made us feel so very fortunate that we have lived a decent length of time. Suddenly a one nil home defeat to the Bees seemed so inconsequential. We should always keep this in mind.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

When I was driving home from the Gate on Tuesday I remarked to my friend about that five year old who died in Santa's arms. It put everything into perspective and made us feel so very fortunate that we have lived a decent length of time. Suddenly a one nil home defeat to the Bees seemed so inconsequential. We should always keep this in mind.

I read that story over and over… Santa saying that if he got the call, he would go…

Heartbreaking.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

That one shockingly turned out to be made up which is awful

http://bbc.in/2gNprWQ

3 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Figured this little man deserved his own thread. He's got terminal cancer and his family has been told that further treatment won't be effective. So they're trying to make the most of the time he has left. He was a mascot at this weeks game. Various things are happening amongst the football community to give this little man the best time he can have in the time he has. Including sending him thousands of Christmas cards and trying to get him to win "goal of the month" for the penalty he took at this weeks game. 

I tweeted Mark Little to see if he could arrange to send a signed shirt by all our players to Bradley (similar to Blackburn Rovers) but have not received a reply.

I have posted a Christmas card to him.

Perhaps someone involved with the Hospice committee  can arrange something.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Figured this little man deserved his own thread. He's got terminal cancer and his family has been told that further treatment won't be effective. So they're trying to make the most of the time he has left. He was a mascot at this weeks game. Various things are happening amongst the football community to give this little man the best time he can have in the time he has. Including sending him thousands of Christmas cards and trying to get him to win "goal of the month" for the penalty he took at this weeks game. 

Been following this young ones story over the last 6 months or so and I'm not too manly to admit that when I found out he had been given 2 months I shed a tear. Really hoped this would have a happy ending. So sad...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Norn Iron said:

Sky Sports News did a feature on Bradley. 5 minutes into the game,  there was a minute's round of applause. The video screens showed his shirt name and number (5).

When Football Clubs give their time and £10 (cost price) for a replica shirt, the after affects are priceless.

Anyone who doesn't get emotionally touched by this story and others such as Yeovil Town's Daryl (http://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/2016-11-03/13-year-old-signs-for-yeovil-town-just-for-one-day/) and our very own Oskar need to change jobs. May I suggest MI5 or a prison officer in North Korea? My two job suggestions are based on the fact that you cannot have any emotion when doing these occupations.

I can't understand why anyone would wish to bring negativity into this thread!

• Like 1

Keep strong little man. I`m going round to see my niece and nephew tomorrow to drop their presents on the way up to AG and I am so grateful that they are both healthy kids and not going through what this poor chap is.

Things like this are wonderful when clubs go the extra mile. So many do it and get no credit whatsoever but it means so much to boys and girls who are suffering from these horrible diseases.

• Like 1

This is such a heartbreaking reality - what a wonderful little boy....Sunderland have been brilliant with him and his Mum's Facebook post when all hope evaporated just left me blubbing.

I will never understand how such cruel things can happen to innocent little people....

Am reliably informed that our players have sent Bradley a Christmas card. Have suggested this be publicised for a good news story at this time of year. :) 

• Like 2

I`ve just seen young Bradley was at SPOTY tonight as a guest and looks absolutely made up in the photo I saw.

Well done BBC for a lovely gesture.

Edited by Red Right Hand
misspelling

It's very hard to accept that a five year old should just fade away. Especially as the industry knows close to nothing about cancer. Surely there must be alternatives in well recognized institutions. You don't get the best treatment in the world in Hartlepool do you. With all footballers involved money should not be a problem. I loudly cry out for help.

Edited by bristolcitysweden
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Fair play to Henrikh

The more I see of and read about him the more impressed I get. He seems to fly in the face of everyone's opinion of footballers, and I would say in LJs terms, he has the right DNA.

Edited by Port Said Red

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

Been announced that he will lead England out in their qualifier at Wembley on Sunday evening

Read this earlier, fantastic gesture. Hope he gets the biggest cheer of the night 

• Like 2

I might actually watch England for once, just to see Bradley. Going by twitter, things aren't going so great for him treatment wise. :sad26:

3 hours ago, phantom said:

Been announced that he will lead England out in their qualifier at Wembley on Sunday evening

Presumably, holding (his hero) Jermaine Defoe's hand - but I wonder whether JD will play.

Life can be cruel.....sometimes wonder if there is a God and if so why does he allow this to happen to such an innocent young person. Hope the little lad enjoys the rest of his life to the full and is throughly spoilt.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Life can be cruel.....sometimes wonder if there is a God and if so why does he allow this to happen to such an innocent young person. Hope the little lad enjoys the rest of his life to the full and is throughly spoilt.

Think there's plenty to make us realise there's no such thing as a God / Allah / Vishnu / Buddha / Ra or any other power named in an ancient fairy tail

• Like 8

Link to Bradley's Fight site.... brave little fella, still has a wicked smile despite all the crap life has thrown at him... deserves all the love, support and best wishes he gets...

Was wondering if anyone knows his birthday? ... would be a nice gesture if he is inundated with cards again, like at Christmas...  Great gesture by England btw .. hope he has a great weekend.

https://bradleylowerysfight.org.uk/ 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Amazing how the lad packs so much light into such a short life.

Very inspiring little man, truly is a heart breaker to see 

• Like 1

On Friday, March 24, 2017 at 18:14, WhistleHappy said:

Link to Bradley's Fight site.... brave little fella, still has a wicked smile despite all the crap life has thrown at him... deserves all the love, support and best wishes he gets...

Was wondering if anyone knows his birthday? ... would be a nice gesture if he is inundated with cards again, like at Christmas...  Great gesture by England btw .. hope he has a great weekend.

https://bradleylowerysfight.org.uk/ 

I believe it's in May as I read they're trying to get little mix to sing at a big party for him 

My favourite image of him from today. When he walked out he seemed to find it very loud. Guess that's how this happened :clap:

IMG_9514.JPG

• Like 7