Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Dollymarie

Bradley Lowery - RIP

Very sad news. So nice for him to have had such a special relationship with his hero though, it must have been truly special for him and his family in such difficult times. R.I.P

Best seat in the house now Bradley, keeping an eye on Defoe and Sunderland.

Happy your pain is over. Sad for your family and all those that knew you.

1 minute ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

There are no words. This image says it all. That and Bradley's smile.

It is a beautiful picture. Massive respect to jermaine defoe as well, what a kind and thoughtful man. 

• Like 2

Young man, you did more in 6 years than some do in 60. You affected people in a positive way. You are an inspiration to us all. Im so glad you had the chance to become best friends with your hero & in turn I'm sure you became his hero, along with so many more I'm sure. Now you have the best seat in the house to watch your beloved Sunderland. My thoughts & prayers are with you & your family. God bless Bradley. X

• Like 4

Rest In Peace, little man. 

A tragic, ever so sad, yet inspiring story. The ending was inevitable, your legacy will remain forever x 

Man I really hate the world some times. I could not get through the article on sky sports, things like that really hurt my heart. So many bad people in this world and an innocent 6yo is taken. RIP little man xx

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, collier said:

Man I really hate the world some times. I could not get through the article on sky sports, things like that really hurt my heart. So many bad people in this world and an innocent 6yo is taken. RIP little man xx

I know exactly what you mean. it always takes me back to that rant Stephen Fry had on that talk show in Ireland, where he says what he's say to God if he had the chance.

Really, really sad news.. and a little mention to Jermaine Defoe, an absolutely beautiful person. Hope footy fans show him lots and lots of the respect he deserves next season.

Your legacy will live long and inspire countless, little Bradley.  I'm sure that as much as JD wishes he didn't have to meet Bradley in such circumstances, wishing instead he was 'just' a normal healthy boy, he will take huge comfort (and should be immensely proud) knowing that if his career and fame was all to benefit this little boy and give him amazing experiences and friendship - then it has been more successful and rewarding than he could ever had imagined.

And just to add - if you look at the genuine affection and caring in the faces of the other players during that video of Bradley's match experience, maybe like me you'll change your opinion somewhat on footballers in general being up their own backsides - if I may use such a word on this thread.

• Like 5

One little 6 year old boy with a heart the size of Texas and smile to melt the coldest of hearts has done more to unite a country than any politician has in years. 

Such a brave boy and his relationship with  Jermaine Defoe was a beautiful thing to see. 

Sleep tight Bradley #hero 

• Like 3

Thank you Bradley for showing the rest of us what we can be if we truly unite together.

Thank you Jermaine Defoe for making this young mans life so special when he needed it most. 

Even though the outcome was inevitable, I feel utterly gutted 

Rest in peace little dude.

• Like 5

RIP Bradley.

Don't usually get emotional about much but was hit by real sadness and darkness hearing the news. Just doesn't seem fair and makes you question bigger things in life.

The boy was incredibly brave. He was a genuine inspiration and touched the lives of others. Feel for your family, but know their lives were enriched by your time here.

Your light will never go out.

Sleep well little fella. x 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Tomarse said:

:(

His team ? Sunderland right? They will go on and win promotion for Bradley now. No manager team talk needed for their players next season. All they have to do is think of that brave little boy. 

• Like 2