IGNORED

Ipswich away

Redandy

Going with a friend  and his son who are Ipswich supporters. It was my turn to buy the tickets. I think we have no chance  of a result there in view of our form and having beaten them at the Gate. Someone give me some  hope that my major outlay might result in something good for City.

24 minutes ago, Redandy said:

Going with a friend  and his son who are Ipswich supporters. It was my turn to buy the tickets. I think we have no chance  of a result there in view of our form and having beaten them at the Gate. Someone give me some  hope that my major outlay might result in something good for City.

8 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

It's about the only team we've beaten and kept a clean sheet against in probably 3 months(Fulham away?). They were woeful and didn't even really threaten to score against us who were already in poor form. That's about as good a chance we have to win for awhile 

The opposite from me I`m afraid - they now have Brett Pitman back fit and he got two v Wigan so will be a different proposition

9 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

The opposite from me I`m afraid - they now have Brett Pitman back fit and he got two v Wigan so will be a different proposition

Possibly but it was the lack of chances they created which seals it for me. Probably the worst team I've seen this year. 

4 hours ago, Redandy said:

Someone give me some  hope that my major outlay might result in something good for City.

September 1978 I expected us to lose at Portman Road, but Gerry Gow scored the only goal of the game. Is that hope enough for you?

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Didn't they have more shots on target than us..?! 

Possibly but we played two up top and that sorted all out problems according to some. We did when on a soft(but correct) penalty and a screamer by Freeman. I only really remember one chance for them and that was a smart save by Fielding on McGoldrick(I think). Wasn't a great game either way but the fact we kept a clean sheet and scored two against them amidst this horrid run gives me some hope. Besides, the OP was looking for positives and that's all I've got!

There could be more Bristol fans at the ground than our own support the way it's been going in recent weeks, but if you're coming over, then enjoy the day and hope you've got some money left after the Christmas spending, as some of the costs at Portman Road aren't the most affordable in the league.

Fair enough you beat us recently but we've picked up a little since then but the team remains very much inconsistent.   Don't be concerned about our strikers, they've been under-performing for as long as anyone can remember and the void left by Murphy seems considerable at times, but on occasion, the team pulls together and we can pull results out when no-one is expecting.

Hopefully we'll catch you on another good / better day for the club but still a game or two before then to gain a better understanding of what to realistically expect.

7 hours ago, Southend Blue said:

There could be more Bristol fans at the ground than our own support the way it's been going in recent weeks, but if you're coming over, then enjoy the day and hope you've got some money left after the Christmas spending, as some of the costs at Portman Road aren't the most affordable in the league.

Hmm, unless you're planning on having 200 home fans you'll be alright.

10 hours ago, Southend Blue said:

Fair enough you beat us recently but we've picked up a little since then but the team remains very much inconsistent.   Don't be concerned about our strikers, they've been under-performing for as long as anyone can remember and the void left by Murphy seems considerable at times, but on occasion, the team pulls together and we can pull results out when no-one is expecting.

Hopefully we'll catch you on another good / better day for the club but still a game or two before then to gain a better understanding of what to realistically expect.

I can't see many Bristol fans travelling to this one so have to agree with Aaron.  I think a lot will depend on how they get on against Worcester this afternoon.

Archived