Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DavidNoble

Did it cross the line?

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Difficult to tell on the radio...

It was horrible to listen to. Sounded like it was an equaliser when the ref blew only for that to be full time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wolves fans said to us outside the ground that it was over the line they were right in front of it.

I really hope it wasnt in as that would sum up that ref today. You know if it was wolves that would have been given.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't any City fan was well enough placed to see for sure but even from the half way line it looked a half a yard or so over. Or maybe that's what it seemed with me hoping 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was over the line by some distance. We were just behind the 22 yard line. The lino missed it like he did a number of offsides.  Inept t1t.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was in line with it and it very much looked over. However, I haven't seen it back but I can't help but feel Pack should have buried it anyway and left it in absolutely no doubt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Taylor10 said:

I was in line with it and it very much looked over. However, I haven't seen it back but I can't help but feel Pack should have buried it anyway and left it in absolutely no doubt.

There in lies one of our biggest problems....The entire midfield shoots blanks, if you'll pardon the metaphor (or is it a simile?) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It wasn't included in the Sky online highlights, but if Channel 5 or the elongated City Player highlights prove otherwise it means goal line technology should be implememented in the Championship, asap

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was stood right in line with it in the right hand block and it was clearly over and not just briefly as the ball was moving parallel with the goal line before being cleared. The linesman in front of us looked weak right from the start and totally bottled it. We had time to look at him and see him with a clear view and do nothing. He had needed the refs help on awarding corners right in front of him too. Pathetic, why be an official if you don't want to give decisions.

Johnson and Pemberton went right over to him at full time and I don't mind saying totally sober I let rip on the lino too. Shame as our second half warranted something from the game, first half we were awful (completely down to the same LJ nonsense tactics of previous weeks) and how we went in at half time in front I will never know, but we grew in confidence second half and earned something.

Will post more detailed thoughts when I am at a laptop. A bit better but still a long way from exhibiting competitive tactics from LJ that actually give the team a chance to compete, so powder-puff once we cross the halfway line it's no surprise the ball comes back at our defence the entire time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

There in lies one of our biggest problems....The entire midfield shoots blanks, if you'll pardon the metaphor (or is it a simile?) 

Ian on Radio Bristol said that between all our midfielders combined

141 appearances

10 assists

10 goals

 

If that's correct - Shocking !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Ian on Radio Bristol said that between all our midfielders combined

141 appearances

10 assists

10 goals

 

If that's correct - Shocking !!

Yes I heard....If true it is shocking!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Taylor10 said:

 

I can't help but feel Pack should have buried it anyway and left it in absolutely no doubt.

Thank goodness, we can blame one of our own instead of the inept officials.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Olé said:

I was stood right in line with it in the right hand block and it was clearly over and not just briefly as the ball was moving parallel with the goal line before being cleared. The linesman in front of us looked weak right from the start and totally bottled it. We had time to look at him and see him with a clear view and do nothing. He had needed the refs help on awarding corners right in front of him too. Pathetic, why be an official if you don't want to give decisions.

Johnson and Pemberton went right over to him at full time and I don't mind saying totally sober I let rip on the lino too. Shame as our second half warranted something from the game, first half we were awful (completely down to the same LJ nonsense tactics of previous weeks) and how we went in at half time in front I will never know, but we grew in confidence second half and earned something.

Will post more detailed thoughts when I am at a laptop. A bit better but still a long way from exhibiting competitive tactics from LJ that actually give the team a chance to compete, so powder-puff once we cross the halfway line it's no surprise the ball comes back at our defence the entire time.

You must have been standing right next to me as I was seated YES SEATED ! right in line   and I reckon it was oh so slightly over  !   but what I want to know was   it a CLIVE THOMAS  whistle  for full time !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Ian on Radio Bristol said that between all our midfielders combined

141 appearances

10 assists

10 goals

 

If that's correct - Shocking !!

Like many things he says it is also total bollocks.

Tomlin is a midfielder and he has scored 10 for us on his own, so has Freeman, Reid has 7, Pack 5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Like many things he says it is also total bollocks.

Tomlin is a midfielder and he has scored 10 for us on his own, so has Freeman, Reid has 7, Pack 5.

Think he was referring to this season Graham

I haven't checked but he may well not be talking b********x ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Like many things he says it is also total bollocks.

Tomlin is a midfielder and he has scored 10 for us on his own, so has Freeman and Reid has 7.

I'm sick of leaving games and hearing his preplanned whinges with no context of the game that's just happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sat in the wolves end and my instant reaction was it was, and endorsed by the reaction of their supporters who said it was a goal. Bumped into Scott Murray and asked him and he said t a video of incident and said it was in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ian Gay, Bristol Boy, whoever, disappeared off this forum didn´t he so his views (generally polar opposite to mine) are irrelevant to me when reading this site.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, cynic said:

This season it is 14 goals and 17 assists - a simple check on the official site.

That includes Tomlin - he is playing in midfield.

That bloke on RB is full of shite.

Blimey calm down !!!

Firstly by the 'simple check' you conducted , He wasn't far off ,at worst (he didn't include today) and I don't know whether Cup games included or not

The figures so diligently researched are hardly inspiring

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Firstly by the 'simple check' you conducted , He wasn't far off ,at worst (he didn't include today) and I don't know whether Cup games included or not

Yeah, excluding 41.18% of an actual figure isn't "far off". Why don't we just say it's zero to keep it simple?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, cynic said:

Totally calm.

Just providing some factual information after the bloke on the radio put out a load of shite.

You his brother or something ?

:laughcont:

Dont agree with lots he says but as I say his point was valid whoevers stats you use

:yawn:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Thank goodness, we can blame one of our own instead of the inept officials.

Well let's be honest it's as good a chance as you are going to get in the 95th minute of a game....yes it was probably over but our midfield, with the exception on Tomlin & Reid contribute next to nothing in terms of goals. Simply not good enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cynic said:

This season it is 14 goals and 17 assists - a simple check on the official site.

That includes Tomlin - he is playing in midfield.

That bloke on RB is full of shite although he seems to be up his own arse.

Used to be Bristol Boy on here.

The bloke regularly spoutes crap. Like most, nobody cares what he has to say. He's entitled to his opinion but it's usually a load of bollocks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Blimey calm down !!!

Firstly by the 'simple check' you conducted , He wasn't far off ,at worst (he didn't include today) and I don't know whether Cup games included or not

The figures so diligently researched are hardly inspiring

 

the figures on the official site add up to over 150% of what he said. 

In my eyes that is pretty far off.

If a player gets 31 goals/assists over a season and another gets 20 then that's a pretty huge difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

the figures on the official site add up to over 150% of what he said. 

In my eyes that is pretty far off.

If a player gets 31 goals/assists over a season and another gets 20 then that's a pretty huge difference.

Choose whatever stats you like ( Amazing how everyone , including those slating the caller , has counted differently ! )

You think our 'midfield 5' contribute enough goals and assists do you ?

As for the last para - I havnt a clue what numbers you are calculating that on !!

One player 31 goals / assists ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Nowhere near crossing the line going by the highlights on channel 5

Yea i thought that too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Highlights very deceiving as they make it look almost on the line, when it definitely was more net side of the line than pitch side. 

I think it was a goal tbh. Wilbs and Pack don't react to try to poke it over, they turn almost to celebrate then appeal when the ref doesn't give it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Choose whatever stats you like ( Amazing how everyone , including those slating the caller , has counted differently ! )

You think our 'midfield 5' contribute enough goals and assists do you ?

I've used the same numbers as Cynic and the caller.

17+14=31

10+10=20

 

Goals, perhaps not. But with assists I'm not particularly bothered.

We're getting just under a goal per game assisted from midfield, and frankly it doesn't matter who sets the goals up, as long as we score.

Also going by the official site. In the league there have been 11 goals where the assist hasn't been attributed to one of our players. Which is a good thing, and arguably can counter the perceived lack of assist from midfield as it means our players are creating the goal scoring chances themselves as well as getting set up by team mates. If every single goal was the result of a pass leaving a player 1 on 1 with the keeper or something to that effect there would be complaints that none of our team has it in them to create something for themselves, yet now the complaint is that somehow we don't have enough players creating goals (11 players with assists isn't a bad thing- it cuts down reliance on an individual).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

Well it isn't valid if his facts are incorrect in the first place...

If you say so

Thats ok then - everything's good :yes:

At least a few have managed to out some of their history with the radio caller

You think it's pretty reasonable for our 5 man midfield ( combined , incl one playing as a '10' ) to have contributed goalswise , basically the same as our 19yr old lone striker then ??

(that was the point which people eager to slag the caller off seem to have missed )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Nowhere near crossing the line going by the highlights on channel 5

Just seen a clip of Channel 5 highlights on Twitter and unsurprisingly they've totally missed the point, which has probably led to your conclusion.

They have freeze framed and discussed this clearance - I agree this isn't over the line completely, this wasn't the goal that I and others had seen.

C0re1Q-XcAEkxN8.jpg

As should be obvious from the fact that our players are celebrating already in the above frame, the goal scored was a second or two before this.

The other defender tried to head it out from inside his own goal while falling backwards, but only just took the power off it, already over the line.

It was over the line in all three of these frames. I was right in line with the post and the linesman could see where it was in relation to the goalline.

C0rewwRXUAA8wq7.jpg

C0rex_qXUAASlKz.jpg

C0rezYtXEAAobiu.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I must have been in the same block Ole (say hi next time!) cos I was in line too, but must admit I just saw a lot of bodies, and maybe that's what the Lino saw. There's a lot potentially in his line of sight. But it definitely looks over the line, and a handball even if it's not!! Plenty of Wolves fans thought it was in too which says a lot, and I did feel that their players thought it was in too. Just about sums up the way things have gone for us last few games...! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Olé said:

Just seen a clip of Channel 5 highlights on Twitter and unsurprisingly they've totally missed the point, which has probably led to your conclusion.

They have freeze framed and discussed this clearance - I agree this isn't over the line completely, this wasn't the goal that I and others had seen.

C0re1Q-XcAEkxN8.jpg

As should be obvious from the fact that our players are celebrating already in the above frame, the goal scored was a second or two before this.

The other defender tried to head it out from inside his own goal while falling backwards, but only just took the power off it, already over the line.

It was over the line in all three of these frames. I was right in line with the post and the linesman could see where it was in relation to the goalline.

C0rewwRXUAA8wq7.jpg

C0rex_qXUAASlKz.jpg

C0rezYtXEAAobiu.jpg

Exactly! They missed the point. It was over the line before that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Strawberry2157. said:

I honestly have no idea but based on the player reactions on both sides I'd say it was.  

What a great point. Ref gives Wolves a penalty on Flint reactions but couldn't give the goal from both players reactions. It could only happen to us!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...