IGNORED

Did it cross the line?

DavidNoble

9 minutes ago, Taylor10 said:

I was in line with it and it very much looked over. However, I haven't seen it back but I can't help but feel Pack should have buried it anyway and left it in absolutely no doubt.

There in lies one of our biggest problems....The entire midfield shoots blanks, if you'll pardon the metaphor (or is it a simile?) 

I was stood right in line with it in the right hand block and it was clearly over and not just briefly as the ball was moving parallel with the goal line before being cleared. The linesman in front of us looked weak right from the start and totally bottled it. We had time to look at him and see him with a clear view and do nothing. He had needed the refs help on awarding corners right in front of him too. Pathetic, why be an official if you don't want to give decisions.

Johnson and Pemberton went right over to him at full time and I don't mind saying totally sober I let rip on the lino too. Shame as our second half warranted something from the game, first half we were awful (completely down to the same LJ nonsense tactics of previous weeks) and how we went in at half time in front I will never know, but we grew in confidence second half and earned something.

Will post more detailed thoughts when I am at a laptop. A bit better but still a long way from exhibiting competitive tactics from LJ that actually give the team a chance to compete, so powder-puff once we cross the halfway line it's no surprise the ball comes back at our defence the entire time.

42 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

There in lies one of our biggest problems....The entire midfield shoots blanks, if you'll pardon the metaphor (or is it a simile?) 

Ian on Radio Bristol said that between all our midfielders combined

141 appearances

10 assists

10 goals

If that's correct - Shocking !!

9 minutes ago, Olé said:

I was stood right in line with it in the right hand block and it was clearly over and not just briefly as the ball was moving parallel with the goal line before being cleared. The linesman in front of us looked weak right from the start and totally bottled it. We had time to look at him and see him with a clear view and do nothing. He had needed the refs help on awarding corners right in front of him too. Pathetic, why be an official if you don't want to give decisions.

Johnson and Pemberton went right over to him at full time and I don't mind saying totally sober I let rip on the lino too. Shame as our second half warranted something from the game, first half we were awful (completely down to the same LJ nonsense tactics of previous weeks) and how we went in at half time in front I will never know, but we grew in confidence second half and earned something.

Will post more detailed thoughts when I am at a laptop. A bit better but still a long way from exhibiting competitive tactics from LJ that actually give the team a chance to compete, so powder-puff once we cross the halfway line it's no surprise the ball comes back at our defence the entire time.

You must have been standing right next to me as I was seated YES SEATED ! right in line   and I reckon it was oh so slightly over  !   but what I want to know was   it a CLIVE THOMAS  whistle  for full time !

19 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Ian on Radio Bristol said that between all our midfielders combined

141 appearances

10 assists

10 goals

If that's correct - Shocking !!

Like many things he says it is also total bollocks.

Tomlin is a midfielder and he has scored 10 for us on his own, so has Freeman, Reid has 7, Pack 5.

8 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Like many things he says it is also total bollocks.

Tomlin is a midfielder and he has scored 10 for us on his own, so has Freeman and Reid has 7.

I'm sick of leaving games and hearing his preplanned whinges with no context of the game that's just happened.

3 minutes ago, cynic said:

This season it is 14 goals and 17 assists - a simple check on the official site.

That includes Tomlin - he is playing in midfield.

That bloke on RB is full of shite.

Blimey calm down !!!

Firstly by the 'simple check' you conducted , He wasn't far off ,at worst (he didn't include today) and I don't know whether Cup games included or not

The figures so diligently researched are hardly inspiring

Archived