IGNORED

Did it cross the line?

DavidNoble

1 hour ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Thank goodness, we can blame one of our own instead of the inept officials.

Well let's be honest it's as good a chance as you are going to get in the 95th minute of a game....yes it was probably over but our midfield, with the exception on Tomlin & Reid contribute next to nothing in terms of goals. Simply not good enough.

1 hour ago, cynic said:

This season it is 14 goals and 17 assists - a simple check on the official site.

That includes Tomlin - he is playing in midfield.

That bloke on RB is full of shite although he seems to be up his own arse.

Used to be Bristol Boy on here.

The bloke regularly spoutes crap. Like most, nobody cares what he has to say. He's entitled to his opinion but it's usually a load of bollocks.

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Blimey calm down !!!

Firstly by the 'simple check' you conducted , He wasn't far off ,at worst (he didn't include today) and I don't know whether Cup games included or not

The figures so diligently researched are hardly inspiring

the figures on the official site add up to over 150% of what he said. 

In my eyes that is pretty far off.

If a player gets 31 goals/assists over a season and another gets 20 then that's a pretty huge difference.

18 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

the figures on the official site add up to over 150% of what he said. 

In my eyes that is pretty far off.

If a player gets 31 goals/assists over a season and another gets 20 then that's a pretty huge difference.

Choose whatever stats you like ( Amazing how everyone , including those slating the caller , has counted differently ! )

You think our 'midfield 5' contribute enough goals and assists do you ?

As for the last para - I havnt a clue what numbers you are calculating that on !!

One player 31 goals / assists ???

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Choose whatever stats you like ( Amazing how everyone , including those slating the caller , has counted differently ! )

You think our 'midfield 5' contribute enough goals and assists do you ?

I've used the same numbers as Cynic and the caller.

17+14=31

10+10=20

Goals, perhaps not. But with assists I'm not particularly bothered.

We're getting just under a goal per game assisted from midfield, and frankly it doesn't matter who sets the goals up, as long as we score.

Also going by the official site. In the league there have been 11 goals where the assist hasn't been attributed to one of our players. Which is a good thing, and arguably can counter the perceived lack of assist from midfield as it means our players are creating the goal scoring chances themselves as well as getting set up by team mates. If every single goal was the result of a pass leaving a player 1 on 1 with the keeper or something to that effect there would be complaints that none of our team has it in them to create something for themselves, yet now the complaint is that somehow we don't have enough players creating goals (11 players with assists isn't a bad thing- it cuts down reliance on an individual).

14 minutes ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

Well it isn't valid if his facts are incorrect in the first place...

If you say so

Thats ok then - everything's good :yes:

At least a few have managed to out some of their history with the radio caller

You think it's pretty reasonable for our 5 man midfield ( combined , incl one playing as a '10' ) to have contributed goalswise , basically the same as our 19yr old lone striker then ??

(that was the point which people eager to slag the caller off seem to have missed )

13 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Nowhere near crossing the line going by the highlights on channel 5

Just seen a clip of Channel 5 highlights on Twitter and unsurprisingly they've totally missed the point, which has probably led to your conclusion.

They have freeze framed and discussed this clearance - I agree this isn't over the line completely, this wasn't the goal that I and others had seen.

C0re1Q-XcAEkxN8.jpg

As should be obvious from the fact that our players are celebrating already in the above frame, the goal scored was a second or two before this.

The other defender tried to head it out from inside his own goal while falling backwards, but only just took the power off it, already over the line.

It was over the line in all three of these frames. I was right in line with the post and the linesman could see where it was in relation to the goalline.

C0rewwRXUAA8wq7.jpg

C0rex_qXUAASlKz.jpg

C0rezYtXEAAobiu.jpg

I must have been in the same block Ole (say hi next time!) cos I was in line too, but must admit I just saw a lot of bodies, and maybe that's what the Lino saw. There's a lot potentially in his line of sight. But it definitely looks over the line, and a handball even if it's not!! Plenty of Wolves fans thought it was in too which says a lot, and I did feel that their players thought it was in too. Just about sums up the way things have gone for us last few games...! 

20 minutes ago, Olé said:

Just seen a clip of Channel 5 highlights on Twitter and unsurprisingly they've totally missed the point, which has probably led to your conclusion.

They have freeze framed and discussed this clearance - I agree this isn't over the line completely, this wasn't the goal that I and others had seen.

C0re1Q-XcAEkxN8.jpg

As should be obvious from the fact that our players are celebrating already in the above frame, the goal scored was a second or two before this.

The other defender tried to head it out from inside his own goal while falling backwards, but only just took the power off it, already over the line.

It was over the line in all three of these frames. I was right in line with the post and the linesman could see where it was in relation to the goalline.

C0rewwRXUAA8wq7.jpg

C0rex_qXUAASlKz.jpg

C0rezYtXEAAobiu.jpg

Exactly! They missed the point. It was over the line before that!

14 hours ago, Strawberry2157. said:

I honestly have no idea but based on the player reactions on both sides I'd say it was.  

What a great point. Ref gives Wolves a penalty on Flint reactions but couldn't give the goal from both players reactions. It could only happen to us!

All rather ironic really. 15 minutes before their penalty, the Wolves fans were singing "We only get shit refs"........He then gives them a penalty and doesn't see our effort cross the line, which from where I was stood, it did by some margin. So coincidence, or not ?? Knowing our luck, if we sing it, it would probably go horribly, horribly wrong.....:facepalm: 

• Admin
9 minutes ago, cynic said:

I think thats the wrong incident, wasn't the "goal" scored just before that event?

No this was the EXACT moment it was cleared away from the line, from numerous "freeze frames" this was the closest to going over the line

Sadly - though it wouldn't matter now - it wasn't a goal

54 minutes ago, phantom said:

No this was the EXACT moment it was cleared away from the line, from numerous "freeze frames" this was the closest to going over the line

Sadly - though it wouldn't matter now - it wasn't a goal

It doesn't matter any longer, I'm certainly past caring, but that simply wasn't the closest to it being over the line, because that clearance was when it was already spinning back out! @cynic is 100% right, that is a freeze frame of a different later moment. The clips I've posted earlier in this thread show frames that precede that clearance, and are all with the ball further back, as I saw it from the Steve Bull stand, in line with the touchline.

The position at the hooked clearance is irrelevant. Before that, the ball was spinning across the face of goal, from my eye-line at the time using the post as guidance, it was inside the goal. The preceding defender who headed it falling backwards only managed to take pace off the ball behind the line, but enough that it was travelling very slightly diagonally forward, such that the hooked clearance was at a point where the ball was further forward.

At the game itself I didn't think for a minute there was a goal shout when the hooked clearance was made, it was the 2 seconds before that which everyone appealed for. 

Archived