IGNORED

Did it cross the line?

DavidNoble

^ That's before he heads it, which at that point also wasn't over. It's odd that from this new behind-the-goal angle no one is sharing any freeze frames when the ball was actually claimed to be over the line (i.e. after the header or before the clearance off the line) - these two examples were not.

The ball in the above picture has not yet been headed by Doherty, he's going backwards all the time (direction of his arm) and does not manage to head it out, only take pace off the ball, while falling back behind the line (seen from other angle), spinning the ball across goal, over the line, from my view. 

If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes in line with the post I wouldn't be arguing with pictures like this, but the fact is neither of the two "behind the goal" freeze frames in this thread are taken from when the ball was actually over the line and appealed for, so I'm not sure what they're adding to this subject.

It's all irrelevant anyway, they don't award points days later to my knowledge, we'd already discovered this season that they don't award points for referees apologies either. That's football - if we don't get screwed on the swings, we get shafted on the roundabout instead ;)

Archived