IGNORED

Evidence needed.....

Gert Mare

9 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

So pretty much up there with our best performing managers at this level then. 

I thought that might be the case. 

Of course, current results can't continue, but we aren't getting stuffed, we have been unfortunate with some decisions, we have missed some great chances and we have made some silly individual errors. None of which can be directly attributed to LJ. 

Hopefully things click back into place and we can start picking up the results needed again to finish mid table. 

We aren't getting hammered by more than one goal, but at present, we are incapable of winning. We don't have a settled formation or personnel - too much tinkering.

And the most overworked word in British football is "hopefully". Never is it "intend" or "plan" or "will". We just blunder on hoping that hopefully our results will improve.

If this were any other club in the Championship or Premiership, apart from one or two of the giants like Arsenal, the manager/head coach would be taking a well earned cycling holiday!

56 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

We aren't getting hammered by more than one goal, but at present, we are incapable of winning. We don't have a settled formation or personnel - too much tinkering.

And the most overworked word in British football is "hopefully". Never is it "intend" or "plan" or "will". We just blunder on hoping that hopefully our results will improve.

If this were any other club in the Championship or Premiership, apart from one or two of the giants like Arsenal, the manager/head coach would be taking a well earned cycling holiday!

We can't keep losing, obviously. But I don't think we are really that far away from several of our recent result having been different. 

I understand the tinkering argument, but surely it's better to be trying things than just playing the same losing team repeatedly..? Rotation is part of modern football. 

I'm not saying LJ can't go if things don't improve over the next 4/5 games, but I still believe he'll do ok and that this is a bad run of results, rather that complete disarray that can't be rectified. 

15 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Perhaps I need to make this simpler for you to answer. 

Which (how many) previous City managers have had better stats at Championship level than LJ currently has in his time here..? 

How many previous City managers have had better resources/things in their favour at Championship level than LJ currently has here now?

That's another question worth keeping in mind

12 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

How many previous City managers have had better resources/things in their favour at Championship level than LJ currently has here now?

That's another question worth keeping in mind

When has any previous manager ever needed those rescourses to still be miles behind the majority of other clubs financially..?

Football used to be a far more level playing field than it is today. 

8 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

When has any previous manager ever needed those rescourses to still be miles behind the majority of other clubs financially..?

Football used to be a far more level playing field than it is today. 

And yet, small clubs with no more and even considerably less resource than us continue to outperform us at this level. Even Burton Albion, ffs, are doing better than we were this time last year, and just the five points fewer than us this season.

For what we have at our disposal and for what we have shelled out, in terms of wages and transfer fees etc, the current run of form and currently being just one place above where we finished last season, is rather disappointing, to put it mildly.

I imagine SL is rather disappointed too.

But we are only halfway through. There is time for things to improve, for LJ to give SL and us what might reasonably be expected, given the resources at his disposal.

9 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

And yet, small clubs with no more and even considerably less resource than us continue to outperform us at this level. Even Burton Albion, ffs, are doing better than we were this time last year, and just the five points fewer than us this season.

For what we have at our disposal and for what we have shelled out, in terms of wages and transfer fees etc, the current run of form and currently being just one place above where we finished last season, is rather disappointing, to put it mildly.

I imagine SL is rather disappointed too.

But we are only halfway through. There is time for things to improve, for LJ to give SL and us what might reasonably be expected, given the resources at his disposal.

I wouldn't argue that's it's dissapointing at the moment. I just don't think it's critical and would be too soon to make a change. 

If we are still in the same position in another 5 games, then I could see why SL might act. 

On 27/12/2016 at 18:01, Bar BS3 said:

How about we start with you presenting our stats since LJ took over, less than a year ago (I actually don't know how they stack up because I've not bothered looking) 

Of course, they will include all the defeats during this miserable but during the last 12 games. So, jot down the facts for me and then I'll tell you if I think that he's been doing a terrible job that's worthy of all the spineless, ship jumping that's going on at the moment. 

Cheers. 

I'm interested in this season and in particular the very long and poor run following a solid start to the season and the worrying plummet from 6th to 17th in no time at all with the same squad.

On 27/12/2016 at 18:16, Bar BS3 said:

Perhaps I need to make this simpler for you to answer. 

Which (how many) previous City managers have had better stats at Championship level than LJ currently has in his time here..? 

If I am not right John Pemberton was responsible for stopping the rot? Tomlin had come in and he had done what fans had been crying out for SC to do for months....drop the 3-5-2.

On 12/28/2016 at 12:52, Bar BS3 said:

I wouldn't argue that's it's dissapointing at the moment. I just don't think it's critical and would be too soon to make a change. 

If we are still in the same position in another 5 games, then I could see why SL might act. 

We won't be in the same position if this bad run continues for another 5 games, we will probably be in the relegation zone and if not,  only because of the fact that 3 other teams are performing worse than us,  In other words back to our usual relegation fight.

On 27/12/2016 at 18:31, Murraysrightplum said:

Well that's it then sack him! This kangaroo court surely has the jurisdiction.

Or we are further forward than last year buy well in January and move up the table?

We are further forward than we were last year due to a great and sometimes fortunate start. Now the luck isn't on our side we seem to be dropping like a stone. In fairness there have been some good responses and good for thought, but some want to just try and go all Brexit remain campaign on me.

At the end of the day LJ is supposed to be an upcoming bright tactical genius who we have pulled out all the stops to get onboard and yet we have gone on a hideous run with the same squad repeating the same individual errors. A lot of money has been spent and some aren't even getting a lookin. The post match talks are really good but there is a lack of something belief/confidence and we give the opposition too much space and time when we are out of possession. 

I am surprised to hear from someone in the know that LJ doesn't speak to his old man a about football at all. For someone who apparently speaks to so many experienced managers he refuses to speak to a man who actually managed the club which I find totally bizarre? 

Positives are that we are not getting hammered and we are only a few players shorts with a transfer window coming up.

I want LJ to succeed and find the formula and players in the January window to turn around the recent results and drive us up the table.

What has worried me is that this isn't just a blip. This is quarter of a seasons worth of bad results and there comes a time when what you thought was wise words from a tactical genius are shown to be nothing but bluff. I sincerely hope that this is not the case with LJ.

I'm sorry, but I can't happy clap a run of results    like ours and not be genuinely concerned. 3-4 loses on the bounce and at a push 4-5, but not week in week out.

2 hours ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

We won't be in the same position if this bad run continues for another 5 games, we will probably be in the relegation zone and if not,  only because of the fact that 3 other teams are performing worse than us,  In other words back to our usual relegation fight.

And that's the decision the SL needs to make by the end of this weekend (start of transfer window)

He either has to back LJ or if he's lost trust, then make any change now. We need a couple of signings in Jan and they need to be made by the manager that will be taking us forward. 

I'm praying for a good result at Ipswich, because I'd love LJ to succeed here. If SL has lost faith though, then he needs to act now. Not wait until mid/end Jan. 

Stand by his man now, until the end of the season at least, or change now and give a new guy time to effect things. 

I hope he sticks, personally. 

I'm in the pro LJ camp and generally think managers these days should get longer then they do. It is hard to be positive when we keep losing even though it is only by small margins. I don't see the gripe about not starting new signings except maybe O dowda and Brownhill who seems might get his chance now.  If they aren't ready no point rushing them and then losing confidence. 

It was going always going to be tough for any manager who re ignited the 5 pillar approach back in the championship. As we found out with del and Sod.  

4 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

We are further forward than we were last year due to a great and sometimes fortunate start. Now the luck isn't on our side we seem to be dropping like a stone. In fairness there have been some good responses and good for thought, but some want to just try and go all Brexit remain campaign on me.

At the end of the day LJ is supposed to be an upcoming bright tactical genius who we have pulled out all the stops to get onboard and yet we have gone on a hideous run with the same squad repeating the same individual errors. A lot of money has been spent and some aren't even getting a lookin. The post match talks are really good but there is a lack of something belief/confidence and we give the opposition too much space and time when we are out of possession. 

I am surprised to hear from someone in the know that LJ doesn't speak to his old man a about football at all. For someone who apparently speaks to so many experienced managers he refuses to speak to a man who actually managed the club which I find totally bizarre? 

Positives are that we are not getting hammered and we are only a few players shorts with a transfer window coming up.

I want LJ to succeed and find the formula and players in the January window to turn around the recent results and drive us up the table.

What has worried me is that this isn't just a blip. This is quarter of a seasons worth of bad results and there comes a time when what you thought was wise words from a tactical genius are shown to be nothing but bluff. I sincerely hope that this is not the case with LJ.

I'm sorry, but I can't happy clap a run of results    like ours and not be genuinely concerned. 3-4 loses on the bounce and at a push 4-5, but not week in week out.

Your penultimate paragraph is the one that is on the money. LJ is a sweet talking bluffer. I said when he was appointed that we threw the dice and got a "one". Am totally convinced of it now

Archived