IGNORED

Best Formation and Team

Maltshoveller

If we are zonal defending and continue to not pick players up, if we do not track players, if our LB/RB hug our CB's so much that any ball the opposition plays down the wings is guaranteed possession for them (and worse giving away possession in good areas of the pitch), if we take a dozen shots to score one goal, if we do not press and hassle, and if we continue playing long hopeful 50/50's up field then it does not matter the players or formation - we will lose.

Like everybody else who is actually honest I have absolutely no idea what our best formation and team is.

However what I do find odd is that in the Fulham and Leeds games, which I think were probably our best two performances of the season, we played Reid and Pack in the middle with Paterson, Tomlin and Freeman in front of them. Incredibly bearing in mind how often our team seems to be plucked out of a hat, that midfield haven't played together since.

10 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

Like everybody else who is actually honest I have absolutely no idea what our best formation and team is.

However what I do find odd is that in the Fulham and Leeds games, which I think were probably our best two performances of the season, we played Reid and Pack in the middle with Paterson, Tomlin and Freeman in front of them. Incredibly bearing in mind how often our team seems to be plucked out of a hat, that midfield haven't played together since.

Totally argree with this, it's definitely looks our best option in midfield with what we have got, why LJ doesnt seem to play in is beyond me plus with his obvious reluctance to start engval I wouldn't mind see Odowna given a go down the middle alongside Tammy, he can certainly offer us qualities that a 37 year old wilberham can't . 

I don't think any of us thought Reid could play in a two, in this division, but the games he played alongside GON or Pack were in the games we played our best stuff.

I think we've recruited players for 4231, and the reluctance to give Engvall more than bench-warming, leads me to think we can only go 4231.

Archived