IGNORED

21st

DavidNoble

21st  

180 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

With LJ staying in charge it's all about avoiding relegation, 21st will do.

I know what you mean, but that will be a move backwards from last year, so it's a 'no' from me. By the end of the season Lee will have had two of his three transfer windows with the upcoming summer making the third. How are going to attract the sort of players we need to in the summer if we've just stayed up by the skin of our teeth? This window and the remainder of the season are crucial for Lee - I hope he proves to be the man to take us forward but a 21st finish just won't cut it.

Not a chance would I. 

We're better than that and we are better than our current form. We are better placed than most to have a good transfer window: we have cash on the hip and we have done our reputation for loan players wonders in Tammy Abraham. 

For now, and in part due to the window opening tomorrow, I genuinely have few relegation fears so no need to accept 21st. 

27 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Not a chance would I. 

We're better than that and we are better than our current form. We are better placed than most to have a good transfer window: we have cash on the hip and we have done our reputation for loan players wonders in Tammy Abraham. 

For now, and in part due to the window opening tomorrow, I genuinely have few relegation fears so no need to accept 21st. 

Not so sure. How many games have we played really well in (longer than 45 mins) i have watched every home game and would say hardly any. 

13 minutes ago, Nomad said:

We haven't made any progress. Lots of hot air has been spouted but we aren't even as good a team as we were at the back end of last year.

This time last year we were what 23rd? on what? 20 points? 6 places higher and 7 points more seems an improvement especially when we've lost our main striker in the last week of the window. 

As for the main question, I'd take 21st. Staying up is important. We had no problems recruiting this year(opinions on players aside). We wouldn't have problems next summer. Our young players are a year older and wiser. It's like you guys expect top 6 every year. Our second year up and staying up is still important. You can go from relegation candidates to promotion contenders in a year. We're still progressing behind the scenes the pitch bit will catch up soon. 

9 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

This time last year we were what 23rd? on what? 20 points? 6 places higher and 7 points more seems an improvement especially when we've lost our main striker in the last week of the window. 

As for the main question, I'd take 21st. Staying up is important. We had no problems recruiting this year(opinions on players aside). We wouldn't have problems next summer. Our young players are a year older and wiser. It's like you guys expect top 6 every year. Our second year up and staying up is still important. You can go from relegation candidates to promotion contenders in a year. We're still progressing behind the scenes the pitch bit will catch up soon. 

You can also go from relegation candidates to relegated in a year 

15 minutes ago, Super said:

Not so sure. How many games have we played really well in (longer than 45 mins) i have watched every home game and would say hardly any. 

Same, haven't seen many opposition play well across >45m either; think that is the nature of the league pal. 

58 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

You can also go from relegation candidates to relegated in a year 

That's the beauty of it though. We just don't know right now and we've been worse off as recently as last season and stayed up. Too early to write us off as many are doing. 

14 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

That's the beauty of it though. We just don't know right now and we've been worse off as recently as last season and stayed up. Too early to write us off as many are doing. 

I`d rather be doing what we do and never know what`s going to happen than just wonder where in the premier league top four we`re going to finish this year.

Good times or bad, supporting City is much more fun.:chant6ez:

5 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I`d rather be doing what we do and never know what`s going to happen than just wonder where in the premier league top four we`re going to finish this year.

Good times or bad, supporting City is much more fun.:chant6ez:

Probably harder in the hard times but so much more rewarding in the good times. I'm either masking how I really feel or I genuinely think good times coming but I still have a good time. What would I write about on here if we won all the time? 

4 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Probably harder in the hard times but so much more rewarding in the good times. I'm either masking how I really feel or I genuinely think good times coming but I still have a good time. What would I write about on here if we won all the time? 

You only have to look at when a random thread on here somehow evolves into people reminiscing about a Tuesday night trip to Scunthorpe in 1986!

If that was a Man Utd forum it would go something like `Well, I saw us play Stoke on TV and it reminds of when I saw the game against WBA on telly three years ago`

8 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

No 21st is unacceptable I'm afraid. We have to make progress in this league or watch our competitors continue to open up a gap between them and us.

Which is fair enough but I don't think it captures the spirit of the thread. If you were offered 21st right now guaranteed would you take it? Other option being we could finish anywhere including being relegated. So one is guaranteed safety but poor position and the other means say a 10-15% chance of relegation. 

Only as you as you were the last to comment. That's how I interpreted the question posed. Guaranteed safety or take our chances? 

On 31/12/2016 at 20:08, JoeAman08 said:

Which is fair enough but I don't think it captures the spirit of the thread. If you were offered 21st right now guaranteed would you take it? Other option being we could finish anywhere including being relegated. So one is guaranteed safety but poor position and the other means say a 10-15% chance of relegation. 

Only as you as you were the last to comment. That's how I interpreted the question posed. Guaranteed safety or take our chances? 

Fortune favours the bold. Complacency has burdened our club for a very, very long time.

Personally, at this stage of the season I would not take 21st under the conditions you have described here. Still so much to play for, so a gamble worth taking.

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 18:27, JoeAman08 said:

very few expected top six, hoped maybe

Archived