Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

21st


DavidNoble

21st  

180 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

With LJ staying in charge it's all about avoiding relegation, 21st will do.

I know what you mean, but that will be a move backwards from last year, so it's a 'no' from me. By the end of the season Lee will have had two of his three transfer windows with the upcoming summer making the third. How are going to attract the sort of players we need to in the summer if we've just stayed up by the skin of our teeth? This window and the remainder of the season are crucial for Lee - I hope he proves to be the man to take us forward but a 21st finish just won't cut it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a chance would I. 

We're better than that and we are better than our current form. We are better placed than most to have a good transfer window: we have cash on the hip and we have done our reputation for loan players wonders in Tammy Abraham. 

For now, and in part due to the window opening tomorrow, I genuinely have few relegation fears so no need to accept 21st. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Not a chance would I. 

We're better than that and we are better than our current form. We are better placed than most to have a good transfer window: we have cash on the hip and we have done our reputation for loan players wonders in Tammy Abraham. 

For now, and in part due to the window opening tomorrow, I genuinely have few relegation fears so no need to accept 21st. 

Not so sure. How many games have we played really well in (longer than 45 mins) i have watched every home game and would say hardly any. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Nomad said:

We haven't made any progress. Lots of hot air has been spouted but we aren't even as good a team as we were at the back end of last year.

This time last year we were what 23rd? on what? 20 points? 6 places higher and 7 points more seems an improvement especially when we've lost our main striker in the last week of the window. 

As for the main question, I'd take 21st. Staying up is important. We had no problems recruiting this year(opinions on players aside). We wouldn't have problems next summer. Our young players are a year older and wiser. It's like you guys expect top 6 every year. Our second year up and staying up is still important. You can go from relegation candidates to promotion contenders in a year. We're still progressing behind the scenes the pitch bit will catch up soon. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

This time last year we were what 23rd? on what? 20 points? 6 places higher and 7 points more seems an improvement especially when we've lost our main striker in the last week of the window. 

As for the main question, I'd take 21st. Staying up is important. We had no problems recruiting this year(opinions on players aside). We wouldn't have problems next summer. Our young players are a year older and wiser. It's like you guys expect top 6 every year. Our second year up and staying up is still important. You can go from relegation candidates to promotion contenders in a year. We're still progressing behind the scenes the pitch bit will catch up soon. 

You can also go from relegation candidates to relegated in a year 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Super said:

Not so sure. How many games have we played really well in (longer than 45 mins) i have watched every home game and would say hardly any. 

Same, haven't seen many opposition play well across >45m either; think that is the nature of the league pal. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

You can also go from relegation candidates to relegated in a year 

That's the beauty of it though. We just don't know right now and we've been worse off as recently as last season and stayed up. Too early to write us off as many are doing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

That's the beauty of it though. We just don't know right now and we've been worse off as recently as last season and stayed up. Too early to write us off as many are doing. 

I`d rather be doing what we do and never know what`s going to happen than just wonder where in the premier league top four we`re going to finish this year.

Good times or bad, supporting City is much more fun.:chant6ez:

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I`d rather be doing what we do and never know what`s going to happen than just wonder where in the premier league top four we`re going to finish this year.

Good times or bad, supporting City is much more fun.:chant6ez:

Probably harder in the hard times but so much more rewarding in the good times. I'm either masking how I really feel or I genuinely think good times coming but I still have a good time. What would I write about on here if we won all the time? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Probably harder in the hard times but so much more rewarding in the good times. I'm either masking how I really feel or I genuinely think good times coming but I still have a good time. What would I write about on here if we won all the time? 

You only have to look at when a random thread on here somehow evolves into people reminiscing about a Tuesday night trip to Scunthorpe in 1986!

If that was a Man Utd forum it would go something like `Well, I saw us play Stoke on TV and it reminds of when I saw the game against WBA on telly three years ago`

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

No 21st is unacceptable I'm afraid. We have to make progress in this league or watch our competitors continue to open up a gap between them and us.

Which is fair enough but I don't think it captures the spirit of the thread. If you were offered 21st right now guaranteed would you take it? Other option being we could finish anywhere including being relegated. So one is guaranteed safety but poor position and the other means say a 10-15% chance of relegation. 

Only as you as you were the last to comment. That's how I interpreted the question posed. Guaranteed safety or take our chances? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/12/2016 at 20:08, JoeAman08 said:

Which is fair enough but I don't think it captures the spirit of the thread. If you were offered 21st right now guaranteed would you take it? Other option being we could finish anywhere including being relegated. So one is guaranteed safety but poor position and the other means say a 10-15% chance of relegation. 

Only as you as you were the last to comment. That's how I interpreted the question posed. Guaranteed safety or take our chances? 

Fortune favours the bold. Complacency has burdened our club for a very, very long time.

Personally, at this stage of the season I would not take 21st under the conditions you have described here. Still so much to play for, so a gamble worth taking.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 18:27, JoeAman08 said:

This time last year we were what 23rd? on what? 20 points? 6 places higher and 7 points more seems an improvement especially when we've lost our main striker in the last week of the window. 

As for the main question, I'd take 21st. Staying up is important. We had no problems recruiting this year(opinions on players aside). We wouldn't have problems next summer. Our young players are a year older and wiser. It's like you guys expect top 6 every year. Our second year up and staying up is still important. You can go from relegation candidates to promotion contenders in a year. We're still progressing behind the scenes the pitch bit will catch up soon. 

very few expected top six, hoped maybe

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...