IGNORED

Gary Rowett

And Its Smith

2 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

What's with the Rowett love in? Last time I looked he had the same win rate at this level as Lee Johnson. 

I work and play 5-a-side with a Blues supporter....

When Rowett took over they were financially a basket-case, the owner was in jail, they'd just lost 0-8(eight) at home to Bournemouth, were in 23rd place and they'd won 1 home game in 12 months. I don't think things have improved a huge amount off the pitch since then, they've got very little money but on the plus side either the owner is no longer in jail, or they've got a new owner who isn't in jail, or something.  Despite all this they were 7th when he was sacked. Plus it's probably fair to say he laid the foundations at Burton in L2 for the team that is now in the Championship.

"But apart from that what have the Romans done for us"

4 hours ago, fgrsimon said:

When Rowett took over they were financially a basket-case, the owner was in jail, they'd just lost 0-8(eight) at home to Bournemouth, were in 23rd place and they'd won 1 home game in 12 months. I don't think things have improved a huge amount off the pitch since then, they've got very little money but on the plus side either the owner is no longer in jail, or they've got a new owner who isn't in jail, or something.  Despite all this they were 7th when he was sacked. Plus it's probably fair to say he laid the foundations at Burton in L2 for the team that is now in the Championship.

Yes, but someone on here watched them on Sky once and didn't like his style of football..

Clearly narrowly missing out on a job in the Prem this week was a fluke, too.

14 hours ago, RedDave said:

Swansea are appointing Paul Clement.  Rowett is still available.  Perhaps he can pick a settled team and show signs of progression.

Maybe Rowett can buy players that improve the 11.  

Imagine watching a team every week working to a plan and getting better!  What a year next year could be. 

Clement will not save them from the drop in my humbles. Rowett might have done.

4 hours ago, fgrsimon said:

Birmingham City have been in turmoil on and off since the late 1980's when they plummeted to the third tier for the first time. The Kumars (perhaps @ number 42) took them over in 1989 only to go bust when their shares in BCCI became worthless when the bank collapsed in 1992. David Sullivan came along and bought out their 89% share for £700k in what looks like an absolute steal. They gradually sold out to the now infamous and imprisoned Carsen Yeung from Honk Kong. During his tenure Birmingham returned to financial turmoil and he finally got shot last year when selling to Trillion Trophy Asia a BVI registered Chinese owned conglomerate. TTA is apparently wholly owned by Paul Suen Cho Hung so it is likely he who performed the trigger happy firing of Gary Rowett.

5 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Yes, but someone on here watched them on Sky once and didn't like his style of football..

Clearly narrowly missing out on a job in the Prem this week was a fluke, too.

Ha, I didn't say he was a bad manager because of it. If you'd have read my post, I watched them 2-3 times and they were uninspiring each time I watched. Maybe it was a coincidence but it just doesn't make me desperate for him to be our manager like some on here seem to feel. Especially when his W/L ratio is similar to LJ's. I don't think he's a bad manager but he's done nothing to prove he's anything more than an average Championship manager as of yet. People act as if he's got a load of promotions on his CV.

2 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

'finally' being the operative word here.

What has constantly baffled me is that a successful business man must examine why and how a competitor is being successful and then apply those principles to their own business. ie. in this scenario - Look at how successful football clubs are run, most importantly appointing the best people available in each section of the operation AND LEAVING THEM TO GET THE HELL ON WITH IT. Just doesn't happen at BCFC.

21 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

What has constantly baffled me is that a successful business man must examine why and how a competitor is being successful and then apply those principles to their own business. ie. in this scenario - Look at how successful football clubs are run, most importantly appointing the best people available in each section of the operation AND LEAVING THEM TO GET THE HELL ON WITH IT. Just doesn't happen at BCFC.

Seriously. Does SL meddle too much?

It's an odd one this....why Steve is hopeless at this football lark, he's minted, so he must have some idea how business works, and yet... Perhaps if he recruited someone with a footballing brain rather that surround himself with staff that are in tune with his lack of a footballing brain.

This debacle that is BCFC needs a helping hand, out of our rose tinted bubble we are a joke, considered a huge soft touch and famously the biggest underachieving club in the history of THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE. Now I don't know of any other club that would tolerate a run like this, I actually like LJ and his Dad, but look where is Dad is now, hardly great DNA is it?

I have almost resigned myself to another loss to-morrow, it hurts, but with every defeat the pain is less....and that is new territory for me, I love this club, but I and many others are being treated like we don't matter, note the lack of announcements by the management of late? But still want our support and money, come on someone stand up and be counted!! 

46 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Bluntly he is out of his depth and comfort zone in running a football club as evidenced by the gap between promises and reality

Not really sure about your post. Think the club would be in massive trouble if he left , the club are running on losses. Tbf it's work in progress. Lovely ground , good training facilities, shed loads spent on the Academy and managers backed with cash. 

Archived