IGNORED

SL and the Johnson family

Robbored

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

What s it about them that SL finds so irresistible that he hands out two lengthy contracts to them both?

Then Senior Johnson loses the plot and gets into a fight with his players and his position becomes untenable. It cost SL around half a million to get rid of him.

Now Junior Johnson is also losing the plot. 3 points from 30 is relegation form with no signs of LJ being equipped to turn things around. LJ hasn't brawled with his players yet but surely results alone have begun to make his position untenable as well.

Will SL sack him? Who knows? 

Judging by some threads on here most seem to want LJ gone and fans views do matter to the main man.

If SL does decide to sack LJ then I doubt it'll soon with the winter window still open.

SL won't sack him as believes he's the best young coach in the country on a similar path to that of Eddie Howe.

But without the results or the solid Team selection week in week out.

19 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think there have been times where SL hasn't liked managers who've been honest with him or vehemently disagreed. SO'D and Cotterill, maybe Coppell too, are examples of this. All three of them for all their individual faults were experienced managers who'd all had success in the past.

I think this is a problem as if we've got premier league ambitions and one day look at appointing a big name manager with big ideas it could work out badly.

Cotterill had lost the plot and was so bloody closed minded couldn't adjust to save the team. The other two were certifiable , experienced or not.

I think this may have been another reason that SL has stepped back a little, if we got a manager in, experienced, gobby, grating , obnoxious but successful , I think SL would cope.

26 minutes ago, Derek from Nailsea said:

SL won't sack him as believes he's the best young coach in the country on a similar path to that of Eddie Howe.

But without the results or the solid Team selection week in week out.

Your first point is spot on but unfortunately recently results have not lived up to those expectations.

I don't think SL cares one iota about team selection. Ultimately  its the results that matter.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

What s it about them that SL finds so irresistible that he hands out two lengthy contracts to them both?

Then Senior Johnson loses the plot and gets into a fight with his players and his position becomes untenable. It cost SL around half a million to get rid of him.

Now Junior Johnson is also losing the plot. 3 points from 30 is relegation form with no signs of LJ being equipped to turn things around. LJ hasn't brawled with his players yet but surely results alone have begun to make his position untenable as well.

Will SL sack him? Who knows? 

Judging by some threads on here most seem to want LJ gone and fans views do matter to the main man.

If SL does decide to sack LJ then I doubt it'll soon with the winter window still open.

Wowzers Robbored. You've created a topic on a subject you'll know can get bites.

We've had this conversation before. You are blinkered by your bias of GJ. So you drag his tenure and eventual dismissal up and throw in the possibility of his son going the same way.

Seriously, get a grip man. The constant bashing of GJ is getting on people's wicks. Move on for crying out loud. Life goes on as does BCFC.

4 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Wowzers Robbored. You've created a topic on a subject you'll know can get bites.

We've had this conversation before. You are blinkered by your bias of GJ. So you drag his tenure and eventual dismissal up and throw in the possibility of his son going the same way.

Seriously, get a grip man. The constant bashing of GJ is getting on people's wicks. Move on for crying out loud. Life goes on as does BCFC.

Ever watch Games of Thrones?

if you have you'll recognise this "you know nothing, Jon Snow" only in this case it's you know nothing Septic Peg.

Im not bashing GJ as you suggest. I'm simply stating facts. I also asked what it is SL finds so endearing about the Johnson family having given generous contract extensions to two of them.

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Ever watch Games of Thrones?

if you have you'll recognise this "you know nothing, Jon Snow" only in this case it's you know nothing Septic Peg.

Im not bashing GJ as you suggest. I'm simply stating facts. I also asked what it is SL finds so endearing about the Johnson family having given generous contract extensions to two of them.

Never watched GoT. I'm more of a Real Housewives of Atlanta kind of girl.

Factual you might be about GJ. But your tone suggests dislike. And the fact that you lump onto any other GJ posts with your facts that put him in a negative light. Funny how you never speak about his positives.

We had this talk the other day. You agreed with a post about how GJ's team during the play off season had no quality. When I picked you up on that, you backtracked and said Elliot and Skuse had quality.

I'm sorry to be the one to put you back under your rock Rob but it has to be done.

7 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Never watched GoT. I'm more of a Real Housewives of Atlanta kind of girl.

Factual you might be about GJ. But your tone suggests dislike. And the fact that you lump onto any other GJ posts with your facts that put him in a negative light. Funny how you never speak about his positives.

We had this talk the other day. You agreed with a post about how GJ's team during the play off season had no quality. When I picked you up on that, you backtracked and said Elliot and Skuse had quality.

I'm sorry to be the one to put you back under your rock Rob but it has to be done.

You're right on one thing SP. I never liked GJ even before I met him and liked him even less when I'd met him several times.

LJ only got the job in the first place due to his surname. All a bit chummy and non business like for me which is the complete opposite of how Mr Lansdown became a very very rich man. I expect the Johnsons will be invited over to Guernsey shortly for a meal and then chat about Lee's son or daughter being employed in the future! :laugh:

3 minutes ago, tomo said:

LJ only got the job in the first place due to his surname. All a bit chummy and non business like for me which is the complete opposite to how Mr Lansdown became a very very rich man. I expect the Johnsons will be invited over to Guernsey shortly for a meal and then chat about Lee's son or daughter being employed in the future!

Might need Uncle Pete in again for all these January signings...

6 minutes ago, tomo said:

LJ only got the job in the first place due to his surname. All a bit chummy and non business like for me which is the complete opposite of how Mr Lansdown became a very very rich man. I expect the Johnsons will be invited over to Guernsey shortly for a meal and then chat about Lee's son or daughter being employed in the future! :laugh:

Yep, it's definitely not who you know in business...!

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think there have been times where SL hasn't liked managers who've been honest with him or vehemently disagreed. SO'D and Cotterill, maybe Coppell too, are examples of this. All three of them for all their individual faults were experienced managers who'd all had success in the past.

I think this is a problem as if we've got premier league ambitions and one day look at appointing a big name manager with big ideas it could work out badly.

It already has worked out badly!

39 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Makes me like GJ even more  :clapping:

Perhaps you should use your professional skills you used to witter about and self diagnose

39 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Perhaps you should use your professional skills you used to witter about and self diagnose

It's spelt "diagnosis".............I guess it's not a word your familiar with.

Archived