IGNORED

Why do you support the City?

Jerseybean

Being a City fan results in lots of things, many of which I could live without, e.g. bitter disappointment, frustration, sadness, false hope, etc but at least it's never dull! Imagine, just for a minute, supporting a team that just plodded-along a team who won a few, drew a couple and lost their fair-share, so all-in-all just did enough to remain stable, how boring would that be?

On the other-hand us City fans are currently wondering (among other things) who our manager will be next month, who might be joining the first team squad in this transfer window, which players are on the way out, why we can not consistently compete at this level, why we are so prone to conceding late goals, what has really happened between LJ and LT/GON, whether we will be in the Championship next season, and so on and so on.

While supporting BCFC is, for most of us, a life-long commitment, it certainly should not be entered into by the faint-hearted and should surely come with a health warning. 

So, as something of a distraction from our current plight I ask, why exactly do you support BCFC?

I have never lived in Bristol (near London) although a good deal of the family did/do, however my old man was obsessed and we drove down the motorway or various motorways every week. (even hitchhiked to games).

I'm not just a mere supporter I am a fundamentalist! My old man was runner up for supporter of the year twice and I really had little other option

I support Bristol City FC because when i was young, we had just moved to the area and was just starting to get into football. My dad wouldn't let me be a glory hunter and said "if you want to watch football, you have to support a local team". He asked friends about which team to go and watch and was told as I didn't have 6 fingers I had to go and watch Bristol City. I enjoyed it, think it was against Bury and we won 2-1. A hirerite home shirt followed and I've been a season ticket holder ever since. Wouldn't change it for anything. CTID

having grown up in knowle west & the first live match I ever went to was a glos cup final at eastville rovers 0 city 5.their could only be one team.have persuaded the armchair plastic once arsenal following grandson to follow the city.we were there today but like isaid to him it is our lot in life to follow through thin & thinner  

1. I'm a Bristolian

2. After my first game on the Ashton Gate terraces Iknew I could never support anyone else.

3. After 50 years, the all too long periods of disappointment and frustration make the small successes even more sweet and worthwhile.

Archived