IGNORED

RIP thread 2017 (Merged)

WhistleHappy

R I P .. Sir John Hurt  aged 77 (Jan 1940 / Jan 2017) .... a truly great actor, universally respected and loved.. A Great British gift to the whole World of dramatic acting,  a quiet giant of the profession.

So sad having to say goodbye, thanks for the legacy of work you've left behind which will continue to be enjoyed by millions in death as it was during your wonderful lifetime..

again R I P .. & thanks.

30 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Hans Rosling, always informative and fascinating. RIP.

Have been unaware of Mr Rosling prior to his death today.... quick Google and I discover an interesting and intellectual man ... I will watch more of his stuff retrospectively .... he was a GapMinder ...

R I P  Hans Rosling.

12 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Have been unaware of Mr Rosling prior to his death today.... quick Google and I discover an interesting and intellectual man ... I will watch more of his stuff retrospectively .... he was a GapMinder ...

R I P  Hans Rosling.

That is a shame. His stuff was always interesting and he had that knack of making a boring subject fascinating. I wish I had had teachers like him at school.

RIP Hans

13 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

And they owe their success to the pen of Bowie, who wrote the song that kick started their career, All the Young Dudes.  Some of their stuff really captured the essence of the early 70's.

Indeed they do.

Remember those boots Overend used to wear ?

First rock band to play Broadway.  Only band ever supported by Queen.

Ian Hunters book "Diary of a rock & roll star" is a must read for any Mott fan.

41 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

And they owe their success to the pen of Bowie, who wrote the song that kick started their career, All the Young Dudes.  Some of their stuff really captured the essence of the early 70's.

Apparently he offered them Life On Mars but they turned it down so he got on and wrote Dudes instead!

38 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Indeed they do.

Thanks for the heads up on the book,.

5 hours ago, BigTone said:

Indeed they do.

Great gig at the Colton Hall '74ish (supported by that then little known band of student types calling themselves Queen) ... mate & I very keen to see the headliners Mott, but thoughts of a quiet pint or two in the bar instead of watching the 'nobody support band' won us over... so while Freddy and co played their little hearts out in the auditorium, my gashead mate and I were having friendly red vs blue banter over a pint... arghh bloody booze and football eh?

Mott were brilliant though,  sad to hear that 'another one has bitten the dust'  :( 

Archived