IGNORED

Pubs near motorways

Jerseybean

Not sure if this has been covered before, thought details of good pubs near to motorways would be useful and provide the travelling City faithful with a few new options and alternatives to the usual places at the services.

So to start things off....

The Pineapple in Dorney SL4 6QS - exit 7 M4 about five minutes off the motorway. www.pineappledorney.co.uk

This pub is renowned for its extensive sandwich menu, which is remarkable with a huge selection of excellent sarnies which are served with either chunky fries, mixed dressed salad or vegetable soup all at £7.95. Sandwiches are served every day until 9pm. If there is a large group you can pre-order by calling 01628662353.

Decent real ales, on my recent visit these included Atlantic (Rock Brewery), London Pride and a mild, there is also a separate cider menu.

Good beer garden and car park.

IMG_9574.JPG

IMG_9575.JPG

45 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Crown Carveries and Toby Carvey both do ALL YOU CAN EAT breakfasts for under £4.50 before 11:30am.

Perfect for away days around the country. Stuff yourself silly !

All you can eat breakfast for under a fiver....

Begs the question; are they any good - and which one would you go for?

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

All you can eat breakfast for under a fiver....

Begs the question; are they any good - and which one would you go for?

Toby Carvery edges it as it includes hand made potato, bacon, cheese and onion hash and Yorkshire puddings with bacon and onion.......and button mushrooms.

unlimited hot and cold drinks are a couple of quid on top.

19 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Toby Carvery edges it as it includes hand made potato, bacon, cheese and onion hash and Yorkshire puddings with bacon and onion.......and button mushrooms.

unlimited hot and cold drinks are a couple of quid on top.

I think there is a Toby out by Blaize Castle.

I'll add it to my list.

Archived