IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Cardiff City Match Day Thread

Monkeh

Looks odd, and being how highly LJ spoke of Freeman this week, not including him at all makes me think he's gone.

Hope is like the Reading game; surprising line up leads to surprising performance (minus the last 20 mins, hopefully).

Still; if that is 442, will be interesting to see how the new boys operate in it.

For me; this might not be a 'must win' game but it is the closest to one we've had this season.  Lose, and we could be level on points with the drop zone; win, and we could put daylight between us and the pack down the bottom.

Here's to the start of a good run!

COYR!

1 minute ago, Ivorguy said:

Don't worry folks if plan A fails there is always plan B. Oh ..........?

One thing we can accept is this lineup of 11 presents more than a plan A. We can't even call the formation definitively; could be 5/3/2, 3/4/3 and with the bench, we have a plan c, d and e too.  I think that might have been in LJ's thinking when picking this team. Not the way I would have approached this game but there is method in it. 

9 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

If we lose today he deserves the sack and the fans ought to call for it loud and clear at full time. 

If we win then presumably you'll be straight on here crediting him for getting it right?

Nah probably not. May as well stay home today lads we've lost apparently. 

9 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

And this same stubborn, rigid approach may get him sacked, just like GJ and SC.

If it were stubborn like Cotts he'd have only played one formation all season. LJ has used at least 3/4, it's just a case it appears he can't stop the losses, hopefully changes today. 

9 minutes ago, samo II said:

Looks odd, and being how highly LJ spoke of Freeman this week, not including him at all makes me think he's gone.

Hope is like the Reading game; surprising line up leads to surprising performance (minus the last 20 mins, hopefully).

Still; if that is 442, will be interesting to see how the new boys operate in it.

For me; this might not be a 'must win' game but it is the closest to one we've had this season.  Lose, and we could be level on points with the drop zone; win, and we could put daylight between us and the pack down the bottom.

COYR!

I would say this an aboslute 100% must win game, anything less then i can see us being the bottom 3 come the end of the month. If we lose this, i would say Villa and Forest will be losses due to confidence

3 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

I would say this an aboslute 100% must win game, anything less then i can see us being the bottom 3 come the end of the month. If we lose this, i would say Villa and Forest will be losses due to confidence

TBF I am probably trying to temper my concern over that line up saying that.

Must win or not; is crucially important, of that there is no doubt.

We lose today and Forest only need a point to draw level, giving them the opportunity to leapfrog us next week.

We've thrown away our 'cushion', so now every game we lose, we the impact on our league position is significant.

So you might be right tbh.

18 minutes ago, samo II said:

COYR!

Maybe Freeman is unsettled due to all the speculation surrounding QPR and the contract offer from City, speculating he might not be in the right mindset...

Archived