IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Cardiff City Match Day Thread

Monkeh

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

How anyone can accuse him of being stubborn after that team selection is beyond me. He's shown he's willing to try different formations and different personnel and he's not afraid to drop supposedly key players like Tomlin. Elsewhere I see others saying that he chops and changes too often and doesn't stick with the same team often enough.

So how you come to a conclusion of stubbornness, I cannot understand.

He keeps trying new formations because he does  seem to have a clue of his best team or formation. It is hard to imagine what it is like for players who do well and then are out for weeks like Bobby Reid. Some days it might work but more through luck then any planning or clear thinking from Johnson.

1 minute ago, hodge said:

He can't win, stays with the same line up 'too stubborn', changes team 'oh he's tinkering again, why can't he stick with a formation'

My point is we're in a poor run of form. Firstly we need to make ourselves difficult to firstly score against and then ultimately to beat.

That breeds confidence. I fear the constant changing of personnel and formation can be disruptive to the players. 

I'm not a LJ hater, I want him to succeed. I want every manager to succeed, if our manager succeeds then the club ultimately is successful. It's the one objective everyone has in common

Just now, Redandy said:

He keeps trying new formations because he does  seem to have a clue of his best team or formation. It is hard to imagine what it is like for players who do well and then are out for weeks like Bobby Reid. Some days it might work but more through luck then any planning or clear thinking from Johnson.

But he can't be accused of being stubborn if he is chopping and changing... if he was he'd be sticking to the same rigid formation which is what Chips Red is getting at

Just now, daored said:

My point is we're in a poor run of form. Firstly we need to make ourselves difficult to firstly score against and then ultimately to beat.

That breeds confidence. I fear the constant changing of personnel and formation can be disruptive to the players. 

I'm not a LJ hater, I want him to succeed. I want every manager to succeed, if our manager succeeds then the club ultimately is successful. It's the one objective everyone has in common

Surely by going with 3 centre backs and wing backs we are trying to make ourselves harder to beat? LJ has seemingly brought in the players with this formation in mind.

3 minutes ago, The hand of RO'D said:

We are a team facing a 7th straight defeat. How people think we were going to play neat, tidy & intricate football is beyond me.

Keep it tight. I couldn't care less if it comes off of hegelers tegeler and goes in...

No argument there. Be nice though wouldn't it? !! Sounds like City are improving though.

11 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

How anyone can accuse him of being stubborn after that team selection is beyond me. He's shown he's willing to try different formations and different personnel and he's not afraid to drop supposedly key players like Tomlin. Elsewhere I see others saying that he chops and changes too often and doesn't stick with the same team often enough.

So how you come to a conclusion of stubbornness, I cannot understand.

His constant tinkering is why were in this mess.Why Tomlin cant get a start is beyond me.

1 minute ago, Up The City! said:

Poor officials again

Warnock's mob bringing the filthy tactics again too; can't believe officials don't call them on it more.

Also don't understand people who want Warnock here when you know his prime weapon in getting results is training his side's to feign injury, waste time etc. 

3 minutes ago, hodge said:

Surely by going with 3 centre backs and wing backs we are trying to make ourselves harder to beat? LJ has seemingly brought in the players with this formation in mind.

I agree with your point about three at the back. If he's brought these players in for that formation as you suggest I hope he sticks with it over a run of games 

Just now, FramptonRed said:

Useless?You have to make him fit into our team,hes our best player.

That's not what people were saying a game or two ago. He's a luxury player that doesn't do as much defensive work as the others and thrives on having lots of space. Not someone I'd necessarily call on for a tight, physical derby.

5 minutes ago, FramptonRed said:

His constant tinkering is why were in this mess.Why Tomlin cant get a start is beyond me.

Listen to his interview on twitter and why COD is playing: effort, enthusiasm and tracking back.  That's why, LT lacks in Lee's view those precise attributes

And those attributes are what we need in our parlous situation

Archived