IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Cardiff City Match Day Thread

Monkeh

1 hour ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Then I guess we see things differently. My heart will sink if/when we get a "quick fix" manager.

We don't need a "quick fix" mananger, just let Pemberton do what he did last season and get them winning again.  Now surely it proves what I have been saying for so long on here and being shouted down about LJ not being up to the job.

1 hour ago, pedrino7 said:

Massive difference today until their second goal - played well bossed the game. Biggest disappointment for me was some dog shit support... Trying to get people behind the team at 1-1 - few were interested... as if they wanted LJ sacked more than the points! Where was number 12 at 1-1 or even 2-2? Shameful! Call me a happy clapper you keyboard warrior c&#ts! Get down the ground & support the team when they play well - at least when we can still get something from a game!!!! 

I was there supporting the team and the fans were definitely not to blame for that, it was a good performance until mid second half where it all went wrong and the management reacted by bringing on wilbraham for one of our best players to that point. Other issues I could see were:-

We have a forward who is sub every week but LJ won't play him. If he isn't good enough then put someone else on the subs bench.

3million pound star man on the bench. Wtf!

Defender from juventus on the bench so Hegler could be played out of position instead. 

I'm far more disappointed losing to local rivals on a club equaling run of defeats than some fans not singing tbh

13 minutes ago, Crackers Corner said:

I was there supporting the team and the fans were definitely not to blame for that, it was a good performance until mid second half where it all went wrong and the management reacted by bringing on wilbraham for one of our best players to that point. Other issues I could see were:-

We have a forward who is sub every week but LJ won't play him. If he isn't good enough then put someone else on the subs bench.

Defender from juventus on the bench so Hegler could be played out of position instead. 

I'm far more disappointed losing to local rivals on a club equaling run of defeats than some fans not singing tbh

Some very valid points around subs & team selection. I too question why Hegler not in MF & Wilbraham sub = groundhog day from Reading game.

But - majority of crowd did not help at 1-1 or 2-2 - we went quiet which has a negative impact on the players when we can still get something from the game. It's a derby - we have to get behind the team until the final minute if there is something to be played for. 

21 minutes ago, Crackers Corner said:

Also totally agree re Engval!

1 hour ago, Andy082005 said:

I was crucified last March for saying he wasn't the man for the job 

So was I, notice these posters wont admit it now, still see him as the fix.  Pemberton got the team winning last season before LJ came and should have had the job at least until the end of the season.  Come on SL, do the right thing, get rid of and let Pembs go again.

1 hour ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Well, clearly in pitching what he wanted to do at the club he managed to convince them somehow. And, short term, it hasn't worked.

I'd wait a little longer because this is the second game we've played with 3 completely new signings and without one of our first choice centre backs. But, I'm aware others wouldn't wait, so fair enough.

All I asked at the beginning is WHO people would bring in. I just want actual suggestions that would be good enough and available, and would come here. The "anyone would be better than this clown" stuff annoys me, because yes, maybe we'd get buoyed for about 5 games, but then what? I don't want just anyone for my football club, and getting "just anyone" in the hope that it'll give us the confidence to stay up is a bigger risk than giving Johnson more time IMO.

Posters besides me are telling you, let Pemberton take over again, he stopped the rot last season, but instead of being given the chance to improve further was cast aside for this favourite of Lansdown.  Let him try again, he can't do any worse and more than likely the players will play for him, they are not doing it for Johnson!

Yes, I agree about Pemebrton and I think he was unlucky not to be given the job on a permanent basis. Last time he sorted out the defence by going to a formation players were comfortable with and his whole approach was very impressive. He restored confidence, worked tirelessly, was tactically astute and proved he was a good man manager.  He also seems to have a passion for the Club and wouldn't need a settling in period.

8 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Posters besides me are telling you, let Pemberton take over again, he stopped the rot last season, but instead of being given the chance to improve further was cast aside for this favourite of Lansdown.  Let him try again, he can't do any worse and more than likely the players will play for him, they are not doing it for Johnson!

What about the proven Championship experience everybody wanted? He was hardly cast aside, he's still employed by the club. I bet they didn't tell him he had a chance for the permanent position. IF we sacked Johnson now, I would be fine with giving Pemberton another few games, but if we want a low risk manager change that gives us the best chance of staying up, he's not our man imo.

2 hours ago, Aizoon said:

Somebody explain to me what LJ gives the club that Cotterill didn't?

I have spent 2 hours thinking about this and, for the life of me, am unable to come up with anything meaningful.

1 hour ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

We don't need a "quick fix" mananger, just let Pemberton do what he did last season and get them winning again.  Now surely it proves what I have been saying for so long on here and being shouted down about LJ not being up to the job.

All due respect Tallinn but you are hardly in a minority of one. As I also recall LJ was way down on the wish list of most of us prior to his appointment. And, upon his appointment, there was a large number who were very underwhelmed.

50 minutes ago, Robin Ashton said:

At least he's stopped saying 'We go again.'

I thought I heard him say, 'they go again' .. is that a freudian slip?

11 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

I have spent 2 hours thinking about this and, for the life of me, am unable to come up with anything meaningful.

All due respect Tallinn but you are hardly in a minority of one. As I also recall LJ was way down on the wish list of most of us prior to his appointment. And, upon his appointment, there was a large number who were very underwhelmed.

I thought I heard him say, 'they go again' .. is that a freudian slip?

Someone said that LJ was chosen because he is more "presentable". He might have a point :(

LJ tactically inept.....still pursuing 3-5-2, you need quality wing backs for that & we don't have them. 4-4-2 keep it simple. Little was off the pace. With 15mins to go we started to panic, lacked composure, but thats due to poor coaching. Djuric looked strong and able, but just to keep knocking long balls is too predictable & must have worn the lad out. Hegeler looked class, great control & was effective going forward. Bringing on Tomlin with 4mins to go is laughable. IMO LJ just cutting his teeth, we don't have time to wait. Bring in some experience, Pardew maybe?

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 15:49, pedrino7 said:

Some very valid points around subs & team selection. I too question why Hegler not in MF & Wilbraham sub = groundhog day from Reading game.

But - majority of crowd did not help at 1-1 or 2-2 - we went quiet which has a negative impact on the players when we can still get something from the game. It's a derby - we have to get behind the team until the final minute if there is something to be played for. 

trouble is after so many setbacks its hard to get exited, they have really knocked the stuffing out of me, sorry about late reply

On 15/01/2017 at 01:01, Aizoon said:

Someone said that LJ was chosen because he is more "presentable". He might have a point :(

Oh I see so like small packages make nicer presents sort of thing then? lolz

52 minutes ago, pillred said:

trouble is after so many setbacks its hard to get exited, they have really knocked the stuffing out of me, sorry about late reply

Exactly this. Humans are not robots. The fans are in the numb nuts saloon right now. 

Archived