IGNORED

To good to go down?

stephenkibby.

Not that we are to good but surely we have or will have by the end of the window to many bloody good players to be relegated?

Now with our 3 new signings looking really good, and with the promise of a proper keeper coming in, and maybe a right back we would then have a side yes?

With Magers at the back with the fearless Wright , our new right back that apart from cross a ball can also stop crosses.

Hegeler totally controlling the game sat in front of the back four.

Tomlin back off the naughty step sat behind Tammy and the proper target man Djuric, we must have a better side than Rotherham,Burton,Wigan or dare I say it even Barnsley?

So much as I think most that want Lee gone are right  I think Lansdown will stand firm (baring another 10 similar results)

To sum up hopefully Johnson will stumble onto the right formula because frankly if we get relegated with this squad, it will be nothing short of a disgrace.

Just now, CityCiderEd said:

No such thing as "Too good to go down".There have been plenty of good teams that have gone down and for whatever reason our current form if it continues will make us "nailed on".So yes we aren't too good to go down.

Greatest oxymoron in football (lots of morons in football!)

1 minute ago, CityCiderEd said:

No such thing as "Too good to go down".There have been plenty of good teams that have gone down and for whatever reason our current form if it continues will make us "nailed on".So yes we aren't too good to go down.

Yeah don't think were to good to go down. But most teams that do are and have been on the slide.

Or the likes of Yeovil,Rotherham,Scunthorpe.

My point is how many teams that are supposedly on the rise (us) with all we have going for us do drop down again?

Ok many bigger teams than us go down but not many clubs in our so called upward curve.

Just now, stephenkibby. said:

Yeah don't think were to good to go down. But most teams that do are and have been on the slide.

My point is how many teams that are supposedly on the rise (us) with all we have going for us do drop down again?

Ok many bigger teams than us go down but not many clubs in our so called upward curve.

I'd love to think we're on an upward curve but sadly at the mo it's the complete opposite....

46 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Not that we are to good but surely we have or will have by the end of the window to many bloody good players to be relegated?

Now with our 3 new signings looking really good, and with the promise of a proper keeper coming in, and maybe a right back we would then have a side yes?

With Magers at the back with the fearless Wright , our new right back that apart from cross a ball can also stop crosses.

Tomlin back off the naughty step sat behind Tammy and the proper target man Djuric, we must have a better side than Rotherham,Burton,Wigan or dare I say it even Barnsley?

So much as I think most that want Lee gone are right  I think Lansdown will stand firm (baring another 10 similar results)

To sum up hopefully Johnson will stumble onto the right formula because frankly if we get relegated with this squad, it will be nothing short of a disgrace.

On paper absolutely. For the past 3 months, we are gone. 

Yeah can see where your coming from, but why can't he see what's happening?

It really is bizarre. It dose seem to happen a lot with managers, it's almost like they have this vision how the game should be played,

and wele live or die from how I want to play.

And 9 times out of 10 we know the outcome.!!

1 hour ago, stephenkibby. said:

We are in an upward curve? I must have missed that. Spending spree would be closer to the mark.

LJ currently like a chef using higher quality ingredients than he is used to, and throwing them together in random fashion hoping that it will all produce a high end dish. In fact it's just an expensive unpalatable concoction that might send you home feeling sick and nursing a headache whilst you relive the nightmare of it.

12 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

We won't go down.  Might next season though.

Having a laugh surely?

We're ******, in a massive tailspin that shows no signs of being reversed. When a football team can't win for toffee, the gamesup, no matter what the SOD/ LJ acolites would have you think.

27 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

We won't go down.  Might next season though.

We might.

Currently, results and the nature of how they come about (inability to see out games the prime driver) suggest we are one of the worst teams in the division.

We might have a decent squad, and plenty of other things going for us, but results are at this point the only thing that will save us.

They last couple of seasons 22nd placed teams have gone down with 40/41 points, but over the past five the average is about 44/45.

So we need about 17/18 more points to hit that average; realistically 20 avoid it.  That's 6 wins and a couple of draws to get the minimum we need from just 20 games.

Right now we have 27 points from 26; that's 1.04 points a game.  We've 20 games left, so on current form this season we can expect to make 20.8 - round it up, we end the season on 51.

We will need to win nearly half our remaining games, and hope the teams below us perform as bad or worse (despite all being in better form) to avoid the drop with any semblance of comfort, and I think that is far from a given.

Today was a watershed moment; we conceded ground to and emboldened a relegation rival, arguably through our own weaknesses rather than their strengths.

This club is in a real relegation fight right now; anyone not fully aware of that is sleepwalking.

1 minute ago, Dr Balls said:

We are in an upward curve? I must have missed that. Spending spree would be closer to the mark.

LJ currently like a chef using higher quality ingredients than he is used to, and throwing them together in random fashion hoping that it will all produce a high end dish. In fact it's just an expensive unpalatable concoction that might send you home feeling sick and nursing a headache whilst you relive the nightmare of it.

Hay don't get me wrong.

The curve is a big one. Just thinking about the whole thing, the ground bla,bla,bla.

My point whatever I think should happen, is that Lansdown will not sack Johnson.

Don't get me wrong he seems like a rabbit in the headlights and has a 100 plans in his mind as opposed to one real good one.

But if as it seems Lansdown is going to back the man what can we do?

Just hope he can somehow fall on a formation with the talent we have.

And stick with it.

Anyway we all live in hope.

He so needs a win as dose the team, can you see it coming ? No 

But whatever happens Dr Balls you will be there at the gate and ill be moaning and f..... groaning

And things will never change that much supporting our shit football team!!

13 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Hay don't get me wrong.

The curve is a big one. Just thinking about the whole thing, the ground bla,bla,bla.

My point whatever I think should happen, is that Lansdown will not sack Johnson.

Don't get me wrong he seems like a rabbit in the headlights and has a 100 plans in his mind as opposed to one real good one.

But if as it seems Lansdown is going to back the man what can we do?

Just hope he can somehow fall on a formation with the talent we have.

And stick with it.

Anyway we all live in hope.

He so needs a win as dose the team, can you see it coming ? No 

But whatever happens Dr Balls you will be there at the gate and ill be moaning and f..... groaning

And things will never change that much supporting our shit football team!!

Putting LJ in charge of City is like putting me in charge of the Apollo space programme.

1 minute ago, pnefcok said:

We have reverted to a good old fashioned 4-4-2 lately, and outplayed Arsenal in the first half and beat top of the league Brighton today. Perhaps Johnson should do something similar for you rather than chopping and changing constantly as it seems he does?

Our Lee doesn't do simple. He's probably got a bloody algorithm.

4 hours ago, stephenkibby. said:

The players are there but its the dick that picks them out of position

Archived