IGNORED

What a gutless, spineless and hopeless

TV Tom

Defence we have, let in five goals in the last thirty minutes combined in the last two home games, make no mistake Johnson should go but our hopeless defence should be ashamed, you wouldn't expect this sort of mediocrity from a Western league team and that's not even mentioning recent late goals against PNE, Brentford and Ipswich, mentally inept and spineless 

Not sure it is the defence for me. The problems lay one and two steps ahead, and one behind in the sticks. 

If you sit back and allow opportunities in midfield and don't give your strikers a releas ball in the middle the law of averages say you're going to concede. 

For me when we're ahead is not the time to invite pressure. It's the time for midfield to grab the game by the scruff of the neck. The midfield not doing that is exposing our defence relentlessly. Eventually they will make mistakes. Relieve them and they stand a better chance. 

GON and LT, even on of them, should have been on for that reason either at 1-0 or 2-1. 

3 minutes ago, shelts said:

Only the loathing of our manager has allowed these pathetic overpaid ***kers to escape criticism. 

To those not putting in a decent shift you ain't fooling anyone we've got your number. 

By the way not all our players are gutless overpaid #ankers 

They certainly aren't busting a gut for the manager. That's for sure!

21 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

They certainly aren't busting a gut for the manager. That's for sure!

That is not true...How many people saying this were actually at the game today?

Little busted his gut...the sad thing is, some of these players are very inconsistent and not good enough at this level, and when they make a mistake it's costly, and we lose. That's the difference.

Some of them are like Rabbits in headlights...pressure is getting to some of the inexperienced and not so good players.

6 minutes ago, spudski said:

Little busted his gut...the sad thing is, some of these players are very inconsistent and not good enough at this level, and when they make a mistake it's costly, and we lose. That's the difference.

Some of them are like Rabbits in headlights...pressure is getting to some of the inexperienced and not so good players.

6 of the starting 11 are his signings, 6 out of 7 on the bench are his signings.

You and I agree our midfield is woeful, so why sign a new midfielder and then play him at the back?.

Barnsley fans keep saying about players being played out of position, there is a theme emerging here.

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

That's how I saw it too Spud. Players busting their guts and plenty of effort from a number of them (Djuric, Brownhill and Little covered many miles today)...we didn't look in any trouble at 1-0 until the pen...then, plenty of mistakes and we suddenly looked really nervous.

Goal 1) Massive mistake from Little

Goal 2) Mistake from Little or Brownhill (thought it was Little's man myself), then a mistake from both Bryan (could have done much more in defence) and Fielding (in my opinion should be coming for crosses in the 6 yard box)

Goal 3) Player not closed down by at least 3 players...he had far too much time to take a touch, set himself and pick his spot.

4 minutes ago, spudski said:

I think that is exactly it. Our younger bods are actually very good at getting in to the game and getting us on the front foot. But as soon as we get a goal the ground seems to open up and swallow them.

It's most noticeable in midfield. 

Take ML. He had a more than decent game up until we scored. Then hoillet comes on our midfield go in to shrinking violets and he's attacked at relentlessly and made 2 big mistakes. 

Brownhill, as an example, is a very good player whilst we are level. As soon as we go either one up or one down his attitude switches to one of abject fear. 

We seriously need an old head in the team and today is a prime example of LJ talking about characters. We need someone who can carry these young lads. I don't doubt one or two sustained leads and this game and Reading where anyone could smell the fear will be distant memories. 

7 minutes ago, spudski said:

Let's be honest though @spudski the subs and tactics were the main culprits today. 

Just now, 29AR said:

I think that is exactly it. Our younger bods are actually very good at getting in to the game and getting us on the front foot. But as soon as we get a goal the ground seems to open up and swallow them.

It's most noticeable in midfield. 

Take ML. He had a more than decent game up until we scored. Then hoillet comes on our midfield go in to shrinking violets and he's attacked at relentlessly and made 2 big mistakes. 

Brownhill, as an example, is a very good player whilst we are level. As soon as we go either one up or one down his attitude switches to one of abject fear. 

We seriously need an old head in the team and today is a prime example of LJ talking about characters. We need someone who can carry these young lads. I don't doubt one or two sustained leads and this game and Reading where anyone could smell the fear will be distant memories. 

That will be his reasoning bringing on Wilbs - but it's failed as often as it's worked... he could have brought O'Neil on, but.. well who knows what happening with O'Neil, Tomlin, Matthews... maybe LJ's man management is not quiet what it's cracked up to be. We have Hegler who has experience and seems to have a rallying cry in him, but he's playing RCB. 

54 minutes ago, harrys said:

Defence we have, let in five goals in the last thirty minutes combined in the last two home games, make no mistake Johnson should go but our hopeless defence should be ashamed, you wouldn't expect this sort of mediocrity from a Western league team and that's not even mentioning recent late goals against PNE, Brentford and Ipswich, mentally inept and spineless 

Woah there, I played for Weston league team, and in defence too.  You dissing my defensive skills?:boxing:

2 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Let's be honest though @spudski the subs and tactics were the main culprits today. 

Don't think so re tacticsI don't think LJ had the tactics of score and become naïve and become absent. The tactics were good.

The subs poor; not the ones that were made rather the subs that weren't made - Tomlin and GON at 60mins for instance. 

Just now, Esmond Million's Bung said:

6 of the starting 11 are his signings, 6 out of 7 on the bench are his signings.

You and I agree our midfield is woeful, so why sign a new midfielder and then play him at the back?.

Barnsley fans keep saying about players being played out of position, there is a theme emerging here.

Because Magners isn't 100% yet mate.

I look at our players in the squad, and when you take certain players injured that when fit, and playing to the best of their ability, would certainly enhance what we had today.

Matthews, GoN and Smith for example.

3 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Totally disagree...at 2-1 up we were doing well.

It was individual mistakes not tactics or subs that were at fault.

If I had any criticism, it would be not replacing Little as he was dead on his feet second half...but who with?

Confidence definitely has an impact when you're on the run we're on but it's still inexcusable.

Absolutely fine until the 70th minute, then we give away a needless pen. Then we concede our token cross goal and a worldie. Just another week/year watching City I suppose.

1 hour ago, harrys said:

Woah there, I played for Weston league team, and in defence too.  You dissing my defensive skills?:boxing:

1 minute ago, spudski said:

If I had any criticism, it would be not replacing Little as he was dead on his feet second half...but who with?

I said at the game we should have taken Little off, moved Brownhill to RB and brought GO'N on in midfield. Far from ideal as Brownhill was flagging too, but the only option I could see today.

3 minutes ago, WestonRobin said:

That's how I saw it too Spud. Players busting their guts and plenty of effort from a number of them (Djuric, Brownhill and Little covered many miles today)...we didn't look in any trouble at 1-0 until the pen...then, plenty of mistakes and we suddenly looked really nervous.

Goal 1) Massive mistake from Little

Goal 2) Mistake from Little or Brownhill (thought it was Little's man myself), then a mistake from both Bryan (could have done much more in defence) and Fielding (in my opinion should be coming for crosses in the 6 yard box)

Goal 3) Player not closed down by at least 3 players...he had far too much time to take a touch, set himself and pick his spot.

There is one huge problem to this theory, why is it happening in virtually every game since October?, once more I ask who firstly was surprised at the first mistake leading to the first equaliser?, who was surprised about the 2nd equaliser? and who was surprised about their winner?, it is all to predictable, even LJ said "they didn't have to do much to beat us", there must be a bigger all round problem to it being just down to individual mistakes. And finally who was surprised that having taken the lead a Warnock coached side saw the game out?, that is called game management something that LJ and the current team have no concept of.

And that will always land at the door of the manager every time and twice on a Saturday.

1 minute ago, Fiale said:

That will be his reasoning bringing on Wilbs - but it's failed as often as it's worked... he could have brought O'Neil on, but.. well who knows what happening with O'Neil, Tomlin, Matthews... maybe LJ's man management is not quiet what it's cracked up to be. We have Hegler who has experience and seems to have a rallying cry in him, but he's playing RCB. 

He brought on wilbs at 3-2 behind (I'm sure in my haze) so holding up the play would not be that reasoning. 

Hegler; come on man. Before he came in we had Adam Matthews lcb. We are clearly patching over for now. If when Magnusson is match fit Jens plays in defence then I'm out at LJ with my pitchfork too, but until then let's remember we have Moore gone, Magnusson injured, Vyner out... And Jens as very competent cover - albeit not getting the best out of him. 

Matthews, if the loan allows I think we should bin off. The club should have little patience in him. Not sure I'd want him around the squad either so give him to the u23s if we can't send him back. I'm not blaming LJ for that. The bloke didn't want to come here, but rather than accept we were his only option and give his all to better himself he's resented the move like a fking baby. I have a v low opinion of him. 

Tomlin I think is a rogue but a loveable cheeky rogue. He's always going to be on your tits when it's bad and glint in you're eye when good. Read no more in to than that. 

Re GON I now think Norwich were right. There is only 12m left in that tank. I think he's coming to realise that is the case too and I think it's materialising in his own acting up and petulance. 

4 minutes ago, spudski said:

Because Magners isn't 100% yet mate.

I look at our players in the squad, and when you take certain players injured that when fit, and playing to the best of their ability, would certainly enhance what we had today.

Matthews, GoN and Smith for example.

Hold on we were playing 4-4-2 before we signed Hegeler and we signed another CB, so I ask again what do we gain from playing our new midfielder at the back?, it is nonsense but typical of many of LJ's selections it doesn't make sense and your answer doesn't cover it either.

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

There is one huge problem to this theory, why is it happening in virtually every game since October?, once more I ask who firstly was surprised at the first mistake leading to the first equaliser?, who was surprised about the 2nd equaliser? and who was surprised about their winner?, it is all to predictable, even LJ said "they didn't have to do much to beat us", there must be a bigger all round problem to it being just down to individual mistakes. And finally who was surprised that having taken the lead a Warnock coached side saw the game out?, that is called game management something that LJ and the current team have no concept of.

And that will always land at the door of the manager every time and twice on a Saturday.

Theory? Where is the theory? It's my view on the events of the day.

I never said I wasn't surprised that certain players made individual errors which led to goals and that it wasn't predictable just that you can't fault some of the players for their effort. Whether some of those players are good enough is obvious for all to see. 

Incidentally, and in my opinion, those at fault for today's goals aren't LJ's signings...that's not me saying he has signed a load of great players either.

35 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Not sure it is the defence for me. The problems lay one and two steps ahead, and one behind in the sticks. 

If you sit back and allow opportunities in midfield and don't give your strikers a releas ball in the middle the law of averages say you're going to conced

Ding ding ding we have a winner. It's been literally the same all season. You are so right that it hurts. An average manager would have won that game comfortably. Cardiff were poor. Apart from Mark Little (great and then bad in equal proportions) we seem to have a manager who would like a squad of players who do anything BUT affect the game. It's been the same for so long I've forgotten what a serious manager looks like.

At some point, someone needs to ask why it is that whatever team he plays and however many people he signs, we cannot dominate, influence or attack an opponent. We seem to retreat from the other side and god forbid we try to catch them quickly. Far better to stop and let them line up two lines of four. And don't tell me it is because Cardiff are good, because I've seen them home and away. The whole thing is totally ridiculous.

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Hold on we were playing 4-4-2 before we signed Hegeler and we signed another CB, so I ask again what do we gain from playing our new midfielder at the back?, it is nonsense but typical of many of LJ's selections it doesn't make sense and your answer doesn't cover it either.

Who else was going there - before Jens and with Hondur out and Moore loaned we had Adam Matthews at lcb.

We signed a CB from Preston sure, but with Jens - as seen - more than competent  at the back, Brownhill enjoying some form, is it that unreasonable to play Pack and go 5/3/2.... ? 

2 minutes ago, 29AR said:

He brought on wilbs at 3-2 behind (I'm sure in my haze) so holding up the play would not be that reasoning. 

Hegler; come on man. Before he came in we had Adam Matthews lcb. We are clearly patching over for now. If when Magnusson is match fit Jens plays in defence then I'm out at LJ with my pitchfork too, but until then let's remember we have Moore gone, Magnusson injured, Vyner out... And Jens as very competent cover - albeit not getting the best out of him. 

Matthews, if the loan allows I think we should bin off. The club should have little patience in him. Not sure I'd want him around the squad either so give him to the u23s if we can't send him back. I'm not blaming LJ for that. The bloke didn't want to come here, but rather than accept we were his only option and give his all to better himself he's resented the move like a fking baby. I have a v low opinion of him. 

Tomlin I think is a rogue but a loveable cheeky rogue. He's always going to be on your tits when it's bad and glint in you're eye when good. Read no more in to than that. 

Re GON I now think Norwich were right. There is only 12m left in that tank. I think he's coming to realise that is the case too and I think it's materialising in his own acting up and petulance. 

As much as i want to agree with this, do you not see a little pattern amerging here?? All the experienced players have fallen out with LJ?? Matthews, GON and Tomlin?? Theres more to those 3 suddenly becoming bad than meets the eye in my opinion!! Theres been alot of rumours, maybe they are true?

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Because Matthews and Magners are injured or not 100*

Archived