IGNORED

What a gutless, spineless and hopeless

TV Tom

5 minutes ago, spudski said:

Because Magners isn't 100% yet mate.

I look at our players in the squad, and when you take certain players injured that when fit, and playing to the best of their ability, would certainly enhance what we had today.

Matthews, GoN and Smith for example.

Totally disagree...at 2-1 up we were doing well.

It was individual mistakes not tactics or subs that were at fault.

If I had any criticism, it would be not replacing Little as he was dead on his feet second half...but who with?

As you said Mags is not fully fit. So if we did have a injury to one of our CBs do you really think he would have brought him on ? I don't think so, he would have just gone to 4 at the back... that would also have suited Little as he does not have the energy to play Wing back for 90 minutes. Hell that would have freed up Hegler to actually go into midfield as well... We did not look like scoring in the first half, and that hoof ball we did play... is that really what we have to resort to ? Yes we need a win, yes it's a tough game against Cardiff... but it was dire. We had 4 shots on target, the goals and a really soft effort first half from Bryan. Djuric set up both our goals and was subbed for Wilbs, but it did not really make any sense he was still going strong whilst O'dowda, Brownhill and Little were shot, they were so heavy it was hard to watch. But we kept plodding along, trying to absorb yet again a sustained attack for the end of the game before we conceded again, and then finally fresh legs... but what can Tomlin and Paterson do with 4-5 minutes game time. 

1 minute ago, 29AR said:

Who else was going there - before Jens and with Hondur out and Moore loaned we had Adam Matthews at lcb.

We signed a CB from Preston sure, but with Jens - as seen - more than competent  at the back, Brownhill enjoying some form, is it that unreasonable to play Pack and go 5/3/2.... ? 

4-4-2, 2 full backs and 2 centre backs (Flint and Wright).

Why the need to change to 3 centre backs?, when the greater need is in midfield?.

28 minutes ago, spudski said:

That is not true...How many people saying this were actually at the game today?

Little busted his gut...the sad thing is, some of these players are very inconsistent and not good enough at this level, and when they make a mistake it's costly, and we lose. That's the difference.

Some of them are like Rabbits in headlights...pressure is getting to some of the inexperienced and not so good players.

Im now starting to feel that about the manager/head coach

Just now, Stockwood nick said:

As much as i want to agree with this, do you not see a little pattern amerging here?? All the experienced players have fallen out with LJ?? Matthews, GON and Tomlin?? Theres more to those 3 suddenly becoming bad than meets the eye in my opinion!! Theres been alot of rumours, maybe they are true?

I do but then I take a step back;

- Matthews: bellend. Didn't want to come, came with a lack of fitness, lazily worked up to fitness. Now chucking in the towel. I don't rely upon him. 

-LT: as said rogue. Cheeky smiley chappy when all goes well. Pain in the fkin arse when it doesn't. I'm sure a bit of form him and LJ will be buddies so not reading much in to that. 

- GON: I think becoming bitter by his own shortcomings. He's just not up to it and rather than do a Wilbs and accept the role he can play he can't. Norwich were right, he's at the end of his career and we got caught giving him 24m unfortunately. Personally I would go a step further - play on his discontent and see if he'd accept being released - if we can replace. 

2 minutes ago, Stockwood nick said:

As much as i want to agree with this, do you not see a little pattern amerging here?? All the experienced players have fallen out with LJ?? Matthews, GON and Tomlin?? Theres more to those 3 suddenly becoming bad than meets the eye in my opinion!! Theres been alot of rumours, maybe they are true?

Tomlin baffles me. Why buy him, massive money big wages. LJ saying he's not fit, get him fit for ffs 

8 minutes ago, 29AR said:

He brought on wilbs at 3-2 behind (I'm sure in my haze) so holding up the play would not be that reasoning. 

Hegler; come on man. Before he came in we had Adam Matthews lcb. We are clearly patching over for now. If when Magnusson is match fit Jens plays in defence then I'm out at LJ with my pitchfork too, but until then let's remember we have Moore gone, Magnusson injured, Vyner out... And Jens as very competent cover - albeit not getting the best out of him. 

Matthews, if the loan allows I think we should bin off. The club should have little patience in him. Not sure I'd want him around the squad either so give him to the u23s if we can't send him back. I'm not blaming LJ for that. The bloke didn't want to come here, but rather than accept we were his only option and give his all to better himself he's resented the move like a fking baby. I have a v low opinion of him. 

Tomlin I think is a rogue but a loveable cheeky rogue. He's always going to be on your tits when it's bad and glint in you're eye when good. Read no more in to than that. 

Re GON I now think Norwich were right. There is only 12m left in that tank. I think he's coming to realise that is the case too and I think it's materialising in his own acting up and petulance. 

If we are so short of CB's why are we playing 3 at the back ? We have the option of 4 at the back so only need the 2 fit CB's, Hegler if need be can slot in if their is a injury.

As a defender Little is hopeless, he has no idea what is going on around him, a Peterborough supporting mate says he was the same with them but he was part of a team that would "always score one more goal than you" great going forward in a good team in the third division but a step too far at this level, how the hell we let Ayling go for him is unbelievable 

7 minutes ago, Stockwood nick said:

If true the worrying one for me would be GON who has always said to be a top pro

LT & AM , based on previous history wouldn't be a shock (And do , and have always gone , against the new DNA recruiting of 'the right characters' btw)

Confusing practice all round IMHO

3 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

4-4-2, 2 full backs and 2 centre backs (Flint and Wright).

Why the need to change to 3 centre backs?, when the greater need is in midfield?.

For 59 minutes we looked tight. With brownhills form and Pack being a year streetwise I would have stuck with them too. The change for me at 1-0 was o dowda. Get him off for Tomlin asap. If Freeman was on the bench that'd been a real headache - trust LT to run the game or go with Freeman for his energy and closing down  

5 mins later you could see Brownhill was deteriorating fast. GON on asap. 

I think we are better 5/3/2 and the way we should play and Hordur would slot straight in. Between our midfield options we should be able to sacrifice Jens to CB in a 5/3/2 when needed. 

2 minutes ago, harrys said:

how the hell we let Ayling go for him is unbelievable 

Because we got a good price and thought Little was backup and we were also getting the Matthews from last season not the disinterested fat slacker we have this. Made sense at the time I guess but we are paying the price in points now.

14 minutes ago, WestonRobin said:

That's how I saw it too Spud. Players busting their guts and plenty of effort from a number of them (Djuric, Brownhill and Little covered many miles today)...we didn't look in any trouble at 1-0 until the pen...then, plenty of mistakes and we suddenly looked really nervous.

Goal 1) Massive mistake from Little

Goal 2) Mistake from Little or Brownhill (thought it was Little's man myself), then a mistake from both Bryan (could have done much more in defence) and Fielding (in my opinion should be coming for crosses in the 6 yard box)

Goal 3) Player not closed down by at least 3 players...he had far too much time to take a touch, set himself and pick his spot.

Goal 1) couldn't shout quick enough or loud enough (from West Stand :P) to Litts to tell him not to stretch for that one.  Could one of our players closer to him have told him not to dive in.  I could see it happening.  Defo pen.

Goal 2) we didn't react to Warnock going to a 433, and got overloaded on the wings, both Hoilett and whoever else was on their left got 2v1 and Brownhill seemed undecided about whether to stay infield or go out and help Litts.  In the end, FF had got to come and at least try to get something on it.  You can bet your bottom $ that if he comes assertively, Harris bottles it and it's still 2-1.  I blame Frank for a big kart of that goal, and am usually defending Frank.

reminded me a bit like Daniel Powell's goal for MKD v us at AG last season when Litts and Agard weren't decisive enough and allowed him inside to curl a beauty in.

Goal 3) seemed too easy for Cardiff to shift the ball along the edge of our box and then switch it back to Pilkington who had enough time to hit a fabulous strike into our net.  To me that is coaching and passages of play, and how to work an opening.  Our defenders / midfielders gets suckered into thinking to ball will keep moving sideways in the same direction and get lazy about the players who's on for the switch / reverse.

7 minutes ago, spudski said:

Because Magners isn't 100% yet mate.

I look at our players in the squad, and when you take certain players injured that when fit, and playing to the best of their ability, would certainly enhance what we had today.

Matthews, GoN and Smith for example.

Totally disagree...at 2-1 up we were doing well.

It was individual mistakes not tactics or subs that were at fault.

If I had any criticism, it would be not replacing Little as he was dead on his feet second half...but who with?

Sort of, but what about Colin moving to a 433?  What did LJ do about that?  Or do you take the view that what got us to a winning position will be good for the remaining 21 minutes.

Not having a go at Litts, he gives 100%, but as a manager don't you think, "mmmmmm, Hoilett on, fresh, gonna play wide left up against Litts, we're 1-0 up, he's got lots of quality that could expose us, nah, we'll be alright" or "sh1t, I need to get Little some help, Colin's gambling, and with his bleedin' luck, Hoilett will score a worldy".  

I know what was going through my amateur mind!

6 minutes ago, 29AR said:

I do but then I take a step back;

- Matthews: bellend. Didn't want to come, came with a lack of fitness, lazily worked up to fitness. Now chucking in the towel. I don't rely upon him. 

-LT: as said rogue. Cheeky smiley chappy when all goes well. Pain in the fkin arse when it doesn't. I'm sure a bit of form him and LJ will be buddies so not reading much in to that. 

- GON: I think becoming bitter by his own shortcomings. He's just not up to it and rather than do a Wilbs and accept the role he can play he can't. Norwich were right, he's at the end of his career and we got caught giving him 24m unfortunately. Personally I would go a step further - play on his discontent and see if he'd accept being released - if we can replace. 

Again i do agree with this to a extent, theres been a rumour of a falling out with tomlin, apparently they had a arguement after the wolves game, so thats why he hasnt played much since, GON was one of our best players by a country mile at the beginning of the season, so i dont see how he has suddenly become rubbish and not fit enough to start or play at all, Matthews was fit enough last week when he was needed to do 90 mins at centre back, then 'bye bye' again, is it him sulking or has there been a falling out again? Last season he was brilliant!

9 minutes ago, 29AR said:

For 59 minutes we looked tight. With brownhills form and Pack being a year streetwise I would have stuck with them too. The change for me at 1-0 was o dowda. Get him off for Tomlin asap. If Freeman was on the bench that'd been a real headache - trust LT to run the game or go with Freeman for his energy and closing down  

5 mins later you could see Brownhill was deteriorating fast. GON on asap. 

I think we are better 5/3/2 and the way we should play and Hordur would slot straight in. Between our midfield options we should be able to sacrifice Jens to CB in a 5/3/2 when needed. 

De ja vu, the same thing has been happening since October 1st, the greater need is in midfield but once more our manager plays a round peg in a square hole and suddenly changes the set up the day after we at last sign a midfielder, it doesn't make sense, the new set up still doesn't work, so what next?.

Fair play to Jimmy Kodjia and Luke Ayling and probably Luke Freeman, they are probably better off out of it.

11 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

If true the worrying one for me would be GON who has always said to be a top pro

LT & AM , based on previous history wouldn't be a shock (And do , and have always gone , against the new DNA recruiting of 'the right characters' btw)

Confusing practice all round IMHO

Total speculation, but I wonder whether LJ has come out with some stuff and GON feels that with his knowledge and experience of the game that LJ is all Mr Theory.  As I said pure speculation.

In my world, we quite often get these bright, young 'consultants' in.  The only reason they have the title of consultant is so their company can invoice '000s per day.  But they don't really have a clue.  Of course in time as they gain experience, their brain-power/inteligence comes to something, but personally I wouldn't be paying them stupid amounts to gain experience on my project.  Maybe there's a similar analogy with LJ.  We are allowing him to make his inexperienced mistakes at our club.

24 minutes ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

Because we got a good price and thought Little was backup and we were also getting the Matthews from last season not the disinterested fat slacker we have this. Made sense at the time I guess but we are paying the price in points now.

Little was useless last year and is far inferior to Ayling as is now being proved

26 minutes ago, Stockwood nick said:

Again i do agree with this to a extent, theres been a rumour of a falling out with tomlin, apparently they had a arguement after the wolves game, so thats why he hasnt played much since, GON was one of our best players by a country mile at the beginning of the season, so i dont see how he has suddenly become rubbish and not fit enough to start or play at all, Matthews was fit enough last week when he was needed to do 90 mins at centre back, then 'bye bye' again, is it him sulking or has there been a falling out again? Last season he was brilliant!

GON from start of season I say, post pre season is when at your fittest. He deteriorated quicker than even he thought and he's struggling to come to terms with that. 

Matthews I think is 'le sulk'. It's not beyond even Diego Costa or Payet. He didn't want here but rather than roll up his sleeves he has taken the easy year. I hold him in the lowest of esteem. He gives all the impression of here to rob a year. I'd treat him in kind - send him packing back to Sunderland or send him to rot and not play again. I don't think he'll have another championship club after him. His time here no doubt is building a reputation inner football and I expect he'll drop to League One next. 

46 minutes ago, Olé said:

Ding ding ding we have a winner. It's been literally the same all season. You are so right that it hurts. An average manager would have won that game comfortably. Cardiff were poor. Apart from Mark Little (great and then bad in equal proportions) we seem to have a manager who would like a squad of players who do anything BUT affect the game. It's been the same for so long I've forgotten what a serious manager looks like.

At some point, someone needs to ask why it is that whatever team he plays and however many people he signs, we cannot dominate, influence or attack an opponent. We seem to retreat from the other side and god forbid we try to catch them quickly. Far better to stop and let them line up two lines of four. And don't tell me it is because Cardiff are good, because I've seen them home and away. The whole thing is totally ridiculous.

It's called analysis paralysis.  

Archived