IGNORED

So tonight v Fleetwood.....

Do we go with as strong as possible line up? It would appear that LJ has at least tonight and the Forest game. Clearly the Forest game is more important result wise than tonight but in my view a win today of any sort MAY be just the tonic required and a loss tonight builds more pressure.

Alternatively we look at bringing more fringe players in this evening. Do we eventually get to see Engvall? Maybe give GON a return and maybe even Wes or Vyner? As for Tomlin....who knows? I believe tonights line up will show us a lot about LJs current thinking as to who msy be in his plans. 

For me this is a free game and we go as strong as possible. What are everyone elses thoughts?

Just now, Buster Footman's T shirt said:

Do we go with as strong as possible line up? It would appear that LJ has at least tonight and the Forest game. Clearly the Forest game is more important result wise than tonight but in my view a win today of any sort MAY be just the tonic required and a loss tonight builds more pressure.

Alternatively we look at bringing more fringe players in this evening. Do we eventually get to see Engvall? Maybe give GON a return and maybe even Wes or Vyner? As for Tomlin....who knows? I believe tonights line up will show us a lot about LJs current thinking as to who msy be in his plans. 

For me this is a free game and we go as strong as possible. What are everyone elses thoughts?

Think we will see a pretty strong team possibly see Tammy given a rest.

2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

The hat is ready and the live draw of Johnson's chosen formation for tonight's game will be streamed live on Twitter at noon.

"Number 36.....

And that's the 2-1-1-2-1-1-2 formation...

Will play.....

Number 15....

That's 'perform badly but scrape a win by the odd goal'

Looks like it could be a premiership team for Bristol City in the next round"

1 minute ago, Midlands Robin said:

"Number 36.....

And that's the 2-1-1-2-1-1-2 formation...

Will play.....

Number 15....

That's 'perform badly but scrape a win by the odd goal'

Looks like it could be a premiership team for Bristol City in the next round"

And which three previously in form players are not even going to make the squad tonight.....find out after this break.

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

You would have thought the naughty boys will start tonight, so Tomlin, Pack and GON (if fit).

At the end of the day with the squad at our disposal LJ should be able to rest a couple of key players and still have enough to beat a L1 team.

There's just no more excuses for him now unfortunately.

That depends on who you ask.

3 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

I wanted us to lose this game so we can concentrate on the league but LJ has to win it for his job and also has to use it to find his best lineup and get a positive result along with consistency. Catch 22 IMO

Not really, the FA cup can help us build a bit of momentum provided we don't get bogged down in many more replays. 

ROD's off Lucic injured so

GK - FF

Mag's was on the bench, so is fit. Flint has played every minute but Wright might need a rest . Could go 4 at the back so Golbourne and Mathews getting a run. so...

Mathews - Flint - Mag's - Golbourne

Brownhill has been pretty good lately, so dropped. Cold night in Lancashire so just to teach them Oniel and Tomlin in. Hegeler into midfield just as LJ read it on the forum. Paterson has done nothing so , in. Joe was blamed or the goal Saturday so in. Wilbs in for Duric and Engvall making a Houdini type appearance from nowhere, so.....

Patterson - Oniiel - Hegeler - Byan

Tomlin

Wilbs (Engvall after an hour)

One goal win to someone, not sure who though.

22 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

LJ has made comments suggesting he'd like to try Engvall with Djuric. Would be good to see them get a start tonight and try that combination out. 

I would like to see

Djuric, Engvall

Tomlin 

O.Dowda    Hegeler   O'Neil   Paterson        

Magnusson Flint Wright

FF

3 minutes ago, DanielHill said:

I maybe wrong but because Burns was at Aberdeen and not registered before the first game against Fleetwood, I thought he can't play?

That would seem correct. Worth remembering that international loans are seen by Fifa as a temporary transfer so in that sense he was in no way connected to us during his loan spell.

33 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

If he doesn't start his strongest team tonight LJ is a fool, if we can get a couple of goals, take Tammy, Tomlin off then, a win gives a little confidence for the weekend which is what we need

With respect, were playing Fleetwood away in an FA cup tie, a team that are unbeaten in 13 games. They are going to be even more 'up' for this game as they have the possibility of a local derby game away to Premier league Burnley in the next round.

We are just not  good enough to go 2 up ( take off our best players ) and stroll the rest of the game. Plus, they are likely to score 3 in the last 10 minutes!

29 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

ROD's off Lucic injured so

GK - FF

Mag's was on the bench, so is fit. Flint has played every minute but Wright might need a rest . Could go 4 at the back so Golbourne and Mathews getting a run. so...

Mathews - Flint - Mag's - Golbourne

Brownhill has been pretty good lately, so dropped. Cold night in Lancashire so just to teach them Oniel and Tomlin in. Hegeler into midfield just as LJ read it on the forum. Paterson has done nothing so , in. Joe was blamed or the goal Saturday so in. Wilbs in for Duric and Engvall making a Houdini type appearance from nowhere, so.....

Patterson - Oniiel - Hegeler - Byan

Tomlin

Wilbs (Engvall after an hour)

One goal win to someone, not sure who though.

Matthews is injured...not even training. Jogging on a treadmill.

4 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Aahh well , back to square one :blush2:

oh, just thought. Vyner available?

If Vyner plays for us he can't go out on loan again, which seems to be the objective for him, if the last press conference I listened to was to be believed.

Get the impression we'd rather the development of youth players takes place elsewhere, rather than in our squad, which I'm not sure o agree with, but think it means Vyner won't play for us this year.

Happy to be proved wrong, mind you.

14 minutes ago, samo II said:

If Vyner plays for us he can't go out on loan again, which seems to be the objective for him, if the last press conference I listened to was to be believed.

Get the impression we'd rather the development of youth players takes place elsewhere, rather than in our squad, which I'm not sure o agree with, but think it means Vyner won't play for us this year.

Happy to be proved wrong, mind you.

Yea this was mentioned in an interview. Said the club comes first but it would mean mostly U23 matches for Zak the rest of the season. Think he's here just in case an injury to Little before(if?) we get a new RB in. 

Archived