IGNORED

The non-official Fleetwood v City in the FA Cup replay match day thread

Septic Peg

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

Very much so.

But I will add, I think LJ has been justified playing Hegeler at CB in the last 2 games.

Hegeler is more than competent as a CB and made 50 appearances there in the Bundesliga. If 3-5-2 is the best formation with the players available to us now, then playing someone who is very much a good CB at CB short term while our first choice is recovering from an injury isn't a bad decision.

Not necessarily aimed to you Dave, but I've seen comments by some complaining about Hegeler being played out of position, when he hasn't really. 

Agree, he's versatile....I think a few of us think he will have more influence in the middle of the park.  He looks so classy and elegant, with the ability to cover ground very quickly either receovering or striding forward.

Just now, Davefevs said:

Agree, he's versatile....I think a few of us think he will have more influence in the middle of the park.  He looks so classy and elegant, with the ability to cover ground very quickly either receovering or striding forward.

I agree on that as well.

I have posted on another thread that I think he has the potential to be the bargain of the season in the Championship (not including loans), but I think in time he may also be underrated by some because he isn't going to be the type of player to score tonnes or get a load of assists, but more the dirty side of things- reading the game to make interceptions and playing the pass that starts the attack.

Just now, steviestevieneville said:

I think it just tells him he needs to start pulling his weight during games if he's going to get back in the side. 

LJ did says that he would give those who have waited patiently a chance e.g Engvall and Paterson who haven't had much game time. Also with Saturdays game being a big one why risk one of your main attacking players picking up an injury.

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

I agree on that as well.

I have posted on another thread that I think he has the potential to be the bargain of the season in the Championship (not including loans), but I think in time he may also be underrated by some because he isn't going to be the type of player to score tonnes or get a load of assists, but more the dirty side of things- reading the game to make interceptions and playing the pass that starts the attack.

I know his goals record is not great, but he's strode forward 3 times (with good shots) in 2 games from RCB to at least give us an indication of a goal / assist threat.

I really hope I'm wrong but I really don't like the look of that team.  Little creative spark to speak of.  Be interesting to see how our Bosnian and German newbies take to Fleetwood.  It'll be like home to Magnusson and Engval.  Been there a few times to get the ferry to Norn Iron once when it was absolutely freezing. 

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I know his goals record is not great, but he's strode forward 3 times (with good shots) in 2 games from RCB to at least give us an indication of a goal / assist threat.

Fair point, time will tell and I hope you're right.

Been impressed with him eve at RCB so far though.

1 minute ago, OldlandReddies said:

Cant wait to see Hegeler central. He will run the show from there. All class.

I am as well. Having seen Hegeler in his two games so far he's been very classy in a defensive position, hopefully tonight he'll play in front of the back four. I have a feeling that'll prove to be his best position.

Archived