IGNORED

Refunding Villa Tickets. Date now confirmed Tues 28th Feb

DavidNoble

Soon to be popped on to the official site. 

Tickets for City's visit to Aston Villa will remain off sale until a new date is determined. 

The Sky Bet Championship match was due to be played on Saturday, January 28th, but has since be postponed due to City's progression in the Emirates FA Cup. 

After beating Fleetwood Town 1-0 at Highbury Stadium, Lee Johnson's side will now travel to Burnley that weekend. 

Just under 2,000 tickets for the original game at Villa have been sold to season card holders. 

Sales were due to continue to Forever Bristol members tomorrow (Wednesday), but that has now been put on hold. 

Instead, City will now fix a new date for the Villa Park match, before offering ticket holders a brief period to secure refunds (applicable for both match and coach tickets if required) should supporters no longer be able to attend. 

Sales of any remaining tickets will then resume for members, at a date to be determined. 

4 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Won't be 7th Feb as that's reserved for fa cup replays I think

Ah I didn't realise that, cheers.

3 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

Ahh derby has their match rearranged to 21st Feb so might be then

Just had a look at Villa's fixtures, they're playing on the 20th! 

19 minutes ago, MattWSM said:

I see 2000 tickets sold from 2143 allocation - are we likely to receive anymore?

Right from the start they have said no, that's the full allocation. Can see a load going back for resale now as there's little travel option besides CATS or to drive.

1 hour ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Following consultation with WMP, Aston Villa have announced the rearranged game will be played on Tuesday 14th March, kick off 6:30am

Fans must collect their tickets from Glasgow Services between the 6:14am - 6:16am on the day before making their way to the ground.

Looking at fixtures, I see that the date of the 5th round ties is weekend of 18-19/2.

In the league we have Fulham on 18/2, and Villa have Newcastle on 20/2.

It is possible the rearranged game could take place on 18/2, clearly would require all of the following to happen:

- Newcastle beat Birmingham tonight in their 3rd round replay
- We lose our 4th round tie at Burnley
- Newcastle win their 4th round tie at Oxford
- Fulham their 4th round tie home to Hull

Plus agreement from clubs, police etc.

Archived