IGNORED

Mark Little

Portchy

Played as a wing back in a mid to lower championship team little probably is good enough. Ok if we are to push onwards and upwards we might need to look for improvement but we really do need to stop scapegoating individual players.  Particularly those who put as much effort in as he does. 

I would be upset if he was given a further deal, I'm actually hoping his rise in recent performances (barring Cardiff) was to put himself in the shop window. Too inconsistent, too often plagued by long term injuries, not top with attitude either (yes I DO know this)I think he finds himself very lucky to be playing in the Championship. 

31 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Last game his final ball was poor, was not great going forward but worked hard. Defensively fine without too much threat coming his way, then he was awful when they brought on hoilett. Terrible to give away the penalty and looked completely out of his depth every time hoilett ran at him. Id partly blame him for the 2nd goal too. Im struggling to see how that's a good performance. 

Hoilett tore him a new asshole last season. 

11 hours ago, Portchy said:

Even if he was only to be a back-up to a new RB next season?

Not for me. We want a good and balanced squad - Little is just not good enough for this level. To be fair, with Matthew's out he has the chance to prove me wrong. I personally think he is defensively suspect and gets done too easily. He gave away a silly penalty at the weekend and failed to stop the cross for the Cardiff equaliser. His crossing is also woeful and he wastes opportunities when he is in good field position. Ayling would have been a better back up than Little.....

9 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Last game his final ball was poor, was not great going forward but worked hard. Defensively fine without too much threat coming his way, then he was awful when they brought on hoilett. Terrible to give away the penalty and looked completely out of his depth every time hoilett ran at him. Id partly blame him for the 2nd goal too. Im struggling to see how that's a good performance. 

7 hours ago, MarkRed! said:

Not for me. We want a good and balanced squad - Little is just not good enough for this level. To be fair, with Matthew's out he has the chance to prove me wrong. I personally think he is defensively suspect and gets done too easily. He gave away a silly penalty at the weekend and failed to stop the cross for the Cardiff equaliser. His crossing is also woeful and he wastes opportunities when he is in good field position. Ayling would have been a better back up than Little.....

I can't see this at all. He isn't perfect but I am struggling to think of a single time in the last month when any opponent has got past him (Junior Hoillett included). The penalty against Cardiff was an unfortunate error and for the equaliser it was Brownhill who didn't stop the cross.

Last night, and in other recent games, Mark Little made many tackles and came out with the ball, no body beat him in a foot race and with 3 centre backs, he (and Bryan) are n't being asked to tuck in and leave wide men free. Yesterday, he was also involved in several close passing moves down the touchline, showing better control and composure. Lets get off his back and celebrate what he brings to the team we say we support, not  jump on every negative - especially not ones from months ago.

7 hours ago, MarkRed! said:

He was blowing and his legs had gone by 60 mins. Should have been subbed off. Wing Backs need to be looked after. Steve Cotterill recognised this as does Pochettino at Spurs.

Archived