IGNORED

Forest line up (Merged)

BCFC_Josh

Just now, BCFC Josh said:

Despite the morale boosting win tonight as we all know Saturday is a far bigger game. What changes would you make, if any to the side that played tonight? Personally I'd bring in Tammy upfront and leave the rest the same. 

I'd probably agree, depending on if O'Neill is fit for two games in a week yet. If not then Brownhill in for him. I'd also be tempted to start a new keeper if we had one.

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

I'd probably agree, depending on if O'Neill is fit for two games in a week yet. If not then Brownhill in for him. I'd also be tempted to start a new keeper if we had one.

Yeah I can see Brownhill playing, Johnson wasn't confident of O'Neill completing even tonight's match before the game.

I follow the Bundesliga and although this fella is not a household name here, he is a competent keeper.  He has not played for a while as he had a very bad injury but he has all the attributes. He is thought of very highly in Germany and TBH I am shocked we could even get a player of his calibre. He is not playing at the moment because Schalke have Ralf Fährmann in goal and he is close to a German call up. He is very similar to Giefer. Giefer will bring that assurance we have lacked and a physical presence. His pedigree is very good: 

1. He has experience in the Bundesliga and has played 100 games. This has been curtailed by a couple of bad injuries.

2. He has been capped at youth level by Germany and was courted by some of the big boys when he was younger including Bayern.

3. He is tall and a presence in the goal. Complete opposite to Fielding. He has good distribution and is good on the ball. He is an excellent one on one stopper.

If we can get this one over the line I think this will be outstanding business...

14 minutes ago, MarkRed! said:

Giefer in goal for Fielding (assume that deal will now be done). This lad looks like the keeper we have longed for....

Tammy for Engvall

Not a lot of appearances since the 13/ 14 season to make that assessment. And his goal-scoring record is atrocious :-)

1 minute ago, MarkRed! said:

I follow the Bundesliga and although this fella is not a household name here, he is a competent keeper.  He has not played for a while as he had a very bad injury but he has all the attributes. He is thought of very highly in Germany and TBH I am shocked we could even get a player of his calibre. He is not playing at the moment because Schalke have Ralf Fährmann in goal and he is close to a German call up. He is very similar to Giefer. Giefer will bring that assurance we have lacked and a physical presence. His pedigree is very good: 

1. He has experience in the Bundesliga and has played 100 games. This has been curtailed by a couple of bad injuries.

2. He has been capped at youth level by Germany and was courted by some of the big boys when he was younger including Bayern.

3. He is tall and a presence in the goal. Complete opposite to Fielding. He has good distribution and is good on the ball. He is an excellent one on one stopper.

If we can get this one over the line I think this will be outstanding business...

doesn't sound any better than  Lucic ,    

Just now, cityred exile said:

doesn't sound any better than  Lucic ,    

I think Lucic is one for the future and should be nurtured as such. I would be confident with Giefer. Although his game time has been curtailed by injuries, I genuinely think he is a massive improvement on what we have. If we get him it is only because of these injuries and the fact that he is playing second fiddle to Fahrmann.... He is premier league class IMO....

I think a GON and Hegeler midfield partnership has a real solid look to it, obviously Tammy will come in for Engvall. Guessing the only place is Patterson's who has probably done enough to get another game on Saturday

14 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

OD

Wright Flint Mag

Little               Bryant

Helg O'Neil

Tomlin

Bosnian    Tammy

That is a stong side. Strongest seen for many years.

I'll agree with that side. Wouldn't mind if Paterson started again though as I think that's his best position. He's started there twice this season and scored in both games. Though Tomlin is much more talented and this could be the team that can make up for his lack of motor. Also if Little is injured I would be ok with Brownhill at RWB. 

11 hours ago, MarkRed! said:

I hope he speaks good English as he needs to communicate with our  defence

1 hour ago, Thatch35 said:

OD

Wright Flint Mag

Little               Bryant

Helg O'Neil

Tomlin

Bosnian    Tammy

That is a stong side. Strongest seen for many years.

Looking at that lineup really brings home just how much talent we have. Four players with international caps, a former bundesliga regular, two players with premier league experience and a home grown star thrown in to boot. There is absolutely no way we should be in a relegation struggle and it just shows what a poor job Johnson has done.

I'm feeling positive about Saturday for some crazy reason. The hex Forest used to have over us has been totally reversed in recent years. We are well capable of beating them and its about time we had a bit of luck too. Come on you flippin reds.

Forest short on confidence at the moment, so an attacking side is a must. Relatively successful (in that we're not getting dominated until the latter part of games) with the 3-5-2 at the moment, so I'd stuck with that. 

FF (or the German if he's here)

Wright - Flint - Magners

Litts - Hegs (holding) - Tomlin (roaming) - Brownhill - Bryan

Djuric - Tammy

4 minutes ago, Creg said:

Forest short on confidence at the moment, so an attacking side is a must. Relatively successful (in that we're not getting dominated until the latter part of games) with the 3-5-2 at the moment, so I'd stuck with that. 

FF (or the German if he's here)

Wright - Flint - Magners

Litts - Hegs (holding) - Tomlin (roaming) - Brownhill - Bryan

Djuric - Tammy

Quite close for me, but would have Pack in instead of Tomlin.

Archived