IGNORED

He should resign

castle red

Going out on a limb, he should NOT resign, for the best interests of him and the club. If SL wants to make expensive mistake after expensive mistake after another that's his look out. Perhaps one more flop will wake him up. 

The fact he has given LJ so much money and another contract might mean this mistake is more costly than the rest - assuming he goes tonight and doesn't make us all eat humble pie. And he may learn.

But LJ resigning is a get outta jail card in respect of his remaining salary. SL should stomach that having given him and MA free reign over signings. 

So sack LJ (I would) keep him (I empathise). Him resigning is not what I'd push LJ towards.  

7 minutes ago, Bob Thompson said:

After the derision,the personal abuse , the so called funny sarcastic comments. I hope he stays. He is an intelligent young man and if he services this personal onslaughts he can become a great manager.

You obviously care more about getting back at some posters than the good of the Club then.

Brilliant !

'Can become a great manager'

I ' can become a multi millionaire '

27 minutes ago, castle red said:

If he cares for the club and is a fan he surely nows he has done as much as he can. I wanted him to succeed but walk knowing you've done all you can before its to late..

He most certainly should resign. If he had the bollocks or the decency.

But he most likely won't because he'd rather have some compo (compo for making a bigger hash of it than any other manager in our entire history!!)

And putting his pocket before doing the decent thing will give the lie to all that "I care for the club more than anyone" drivel he spouts.

31 minutes ago, Damian666 said:

He must know he is out his depth and should do the right thing for everyone and walk with his head held high and with some respect from the fans still before he is sacked and leaves with his tail between his legs 

34 minutes ago, castle red said:

If he cares for the club and is a fan he surely nows he has done as much as he can. I wanted him to succeed but walk knowing you've done all you can before its to late..

He just signed a 5 year contract, if he gets sacked he will pick up  plus in compensation....no manager resigns anymore...would you?? No you wouldn't....

FFS

14 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

But I don't go around saying "I care about this job more than anyone" stevey. If he cared as much as he wants us to believe then doing the decent thing comes into the equation.

But if he cares so much and thinks he can turn it round then why would he want to quit? People in football aren't short of self-belief / delusion. 

4 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

He most certainly should resign. If he had the bollocks or the decency.

But he most likely won't because he'd rather have some compo (compo for making a bigger hash of it than any other manager in our entire history!!)

And putting his pocket before doing the decent thing will give the lie to all that "I care for the club more than anyone" drivel he spouts.

There is in fairness resign and resign.

Resign, as in, I quit. Frankly, why would he, anyone, do this, unless they had a better job to go to? Very easy to talk about being honourable, but he is I am sure doing the job to the best of his ability, and I would be gobsmacked if he did this and would not expect it.

Resign, as in speak to SL, look, its not working out as I wanted, can we talk about a package? Leaves by 'mutual consent', more likely I guess.

5 hours ago, tinman85 said:

He is entiled to 3 years compensation. Plus he clearly has a job for life! !

When LJ had his contract extended to 2020 I posted that I disagreed with it as it put him in a 'comfortable' position as he had the security of extra contract terms. I said Mr Lansdown should have waited until the end of this season to see what position we were in before discussing his contract length.

But I was shot down on here by lots saying there's no way all his contract would be paid up if he was sacked before 2020 and there would be a clause limiting the amount he would get.

So, you think he'd get it all paid up if he was given the sack now?

39 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

When LJ had his contract extended to 2020 I posted that I disagreed with it as it put him in a 'comfortable' position as he had the security of extra contract terms. I said Mr Lansdown should have waited until the end of this season to see what position we were in before discussing his contract length.

But I was shot down on here by lots saying there's no way all his contract would be paid up if he was sacked before 2020 and there would be a clause limiting the amount he would get.

So, you think he'd get it all paid up if he was given the sack now?

Who knows what his terms are. Do you?

however if had a modicum of decency, self respect and respect for anyone else, he would resign. However if he did would SL accept it. For all we know he may have offered it and SL could have said no!

6 hours ago, KingLear said:

Would you resign if you had a contact until 2020?

The day I heard he had signed that extension I shook my head in disbelief at how a board and ownership could be so, well, stupid I suppose. Not wishing to put too fine a point on it. Under what circumstances were they compelled, at that moment, to offer it to him? It really beggars belief why they could not have waited; were they so desperate and fearful that he might be poached by a bigger team? The rumours of him being snapped up by Villa seem a hallucination now let alone a dream.

An agent concocting a story for his benefit and sending it to the press seems far more likely and City fell for it hook line and sinker or maybe they just fell for him. 

All so incredibly bizarre.

Archived