IGNORED

Reasons to support LJ

Cornacix the Druid

1 minute ago, Shtanley said:

Crisis averted then. I don't think we'll go down this season even with LJ in charge but he needs point or 3 vs Wednesday or else I'll be calling for him to go. I just worry about the list of replacements if he does go. 

Can we do any ******* worse...seriously! I think it's called Hobson's Choice.

2 minutes ago, NickJ said:

I see that question so many times on here.

Impossible to say until you've done your homework properly, asked around some trusted confidants and interviewed the short list of candidates.

Don't think many on here have the time or resource to do that, although I'd say we could pull a ball out of the hat just as well as the decision makers seem to do.

I just think if you're desperate for change you should have some idea of the change you wish to occur. I don't think the players would react immediately to a new manager like most seem to presume. Look at Allardyce at palace for example. 

I think they've still not fully come to terms with the fact that we have a chance of dropping into the bottom 3 soon. Just from seeing body language and fight. 

2 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Can we do any ******* worse...seriously! I think it's called Hobson's Choice.

Yeah we could be in the bottom 3 after 27 games. If we draw against Sheffield Wednesday I'd put money on us never going into the relegation zone. 

39 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

7 points from 16 games; lost 11 out of last 12 league games; lost last 8 league games in a row.

Time has been given (plenty more tha is warranted or would have been offered elsewhere) and the results are in. LJ is not up to the job & he needs to be relieved of his position. 

If SL had run his investment business with someone boasting results this bad, he wouldn't currently be our majority shareholder. He would be just an other small scale independent financial advisor who nearly lost it all when a pretty inexperienced person who was known to him and his son blagged a top job, which he then couldn't actually make a success of. That is the obvious analogy.

And I'd say that's fair enough. I mainly commented on the thread because it was implied there were know reasons to support him I think I've shown a few in my comments. I can totally understand why some people have had enough - everyone has a breaking point for how much time they would give him, for some it was before we'd played a game, for most its come over time. If the run of losses continues they'll be a point where my opinion will turn, we just haven't got to that point yet.

I think about it like this: If we reversed our fixtures how would I feel about him as our manager? If we'd started with the bad run and were now winning games like we were at the start of the season how would you think about him? If your answer is you'd support him then I'd say that your current feelings are about a bad run of form, not his managerial ability. And if you feel like that (which I do) then I'd say you should be backing him.

1 minute ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

I wish I had your optimism. It's always the next game.....

Well it has to be the next game doesn't it.

Even last season I never thought we'd go down. If we lose to Sheffield Wednesday I think I'd get the cat in though. 

3 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

I just think if you're desperate for change you should have some idea of the change you wish to occur. I don't think the players would react immediately to a new manager like most seem to presume. Look at Allardyce at palace for example. 

I think they've still not fully come to terms with the fact that we have a chance of dropping into the bottom 3 soon. Just from seeing body language and fight. 

When it's going wrong "in business", as SL likes to call our football club, the first thing to do is to identify what is needed to put it right.

In this case:

1.  do we replace the playing personnel

2. is there a training need to be addressed with the manager

3. do we replace the manager.

We've done 1 and we aren't a charity or an academy for young managers so 2 is out of the question.

That leaves 3.

Once that is decided - which should be the clichéd no brainer - then you move on to who replaces him. Just because nobody has a ready named alternative doesn't mean to say that replacement isn't necessary.

1 minute ago, NickJ said:

When it's going wrong "in business", as SL likes to call our football club, the first thing to do is to identify what is needed to put it right.

In this case:

1.  do we replace the playing personnel

2. is there a training need to be addressed with the manager

3. do we replace the manager.

We've done 1 and we aren't a charity or an academy for young managers so 2 is out of the question.

That leaves 3.

Once that is decided - which should be the clichéd no brainer - then you move on to who replaces him. Just because nobody has a ready named alternative doesn't mean to say that replacement isn't necessary.

Thing is, we always appoint badly or don't fully back a manager when they do come in. What's the point?

The board have largely gambled on inexperienced managers since the Coppell disaster.

1 minute ago, JHAGa said:

Thing is, we always appoint badly or don't fully back a manager when they do come in. What's the point?

The board have largely gambled on inexperienced managers since the Coppell disaster.

My preferred choice would be replace the board but as that will not happen, it has to be replace the manager because at least there is a chance they will pick somebody less incompetent.

My question is a simple one, if people are still supporting LJ, what has he exactly improved in his 12 months here?.

Our defending?, our midfield creativity?, our set pieces?, has he removed the long ball game that SC was accused of or actually employed it more?, has he carried on with the tight all for one dressing room or by his own admission given us a timid dressing room? or do we have to look forward to all these improvements in the 3rd division? maybe?.

Archived