IGNORED

Burnley

ollywhyte

1 hour ago, ollywhyte said:

Two match/coach tickets just bought, only problem being it is now collection only...

I travel up from Plymouth so won't be able to collect until the day of the game, slight issue being the coaches leave just after 0800am and I doubt collections will be open for then!!

I'm hoping the club are able to have my tickets available from coach 3 when I arrive - anyone think this will be a problem? Going to give them a call when I am able too.

Don't quote me on it but I think you can get them from the steward of the coach you are on, assuming you travelling with CATS? . Alternately for those not on CATS I think usually you can collect them from the away ground, the stewards get given them to take up. Like I said, don't take my word for it, maybe ring the club and ask if that's possible.

There's usually a solution to every problem, don't worry

edit; just seeing you can't ring, email supporter services

• Admin
3 minutes ago, lgbbcf said:

yes going but not really expecting a win, as others have said a new ground to us. 

we also seem to do better at wining cup games so fingers crossed

We played there last in December 2015

Remember having bad man flu back in 2007, had two coats on when we won 1-0 with Tamas Vasko scoring - spent the day shivering like a mad man

The last two times I went we lost 4-0 on both occasions (2009 / 2015) so I'm keeping well away this time!

4 minutes ago, RedM said:

Don't quote me on it but I think you can get them from the steward of the coach you are on, assuming you travelling with CATS? . Alternately for those not on CATS I think usually you can collect them from the away ground, the stewards get given them to take up. Like I said, don't take my word for it, maybe ring the club and ask if that's possible.

There's usually a solution to every problem, don't worry

edit; just seeing you can't ring, email supporter services

Good news just had the following email reply:

for people who book coach and match tickets together at this stage can collect their tickets on the coaches at the ground, this ensures they dont get lost in the post so they will be available for you to collect when you get on the coach

All sorted, thanks all for the help!

23 minutes ago, phantom said:

We played there last in December 2015

Remember having bad man flu back in 2007, had two coats on when we won 1-0 with Tamas Vasko scoring - spent the day shivering like a mad man

The last two times I went we lost 4-0 on both occasions (2009 / 2015) so I'm keeping well away this time!

Remember that game where Vasko scored, it absolutely peed down all day and was freezing cold. 

I've been 3 times and never seen us lose, that game, a 0-0 under Millen where I think James saved a penalty, and a 1-1 on the last day of the season a few years back where Ryan Taylor scored. 

So I am an Edinburgh based fan, looking to drive down for this game. 

I cant book online until 12noon today (according to the ticket website, I am not a member) and I cant imagine they can guarantee postage to me by Friday evening, I cant pay at the ground or collect a pre paid ticket at the ground? 

So how am I meant to be able to get a ticket for the away end exactly? I mean its not like its over 72 hours before kick off or anything?

28 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

Does anyone know why there are no collections?

That seems totally ridiculous.

I suspect it's due to an anticipated small crowd, Burnley will have fewer staff on duty so if they can get away with not having to pay someone to open the away ticket office they will do. 

That'll be why there's no POTD either, they'll want to know exactly how many are in the away end so can plan stewarding, kiosks etc.

19 hours ago, North London Red said:

It's slightly quicker if you go via Leeds, and quite a bit quicker from Manchester Victoria. I'm going via Manchester - into Piccadilly late morning, quick pub lunch in between Piccadilly and Victoria, then onward to Burnley.

EDIT: assuming you're travelling from London, that is!

It doesn't go via Leeds it's on a completely different line.

if you want a nice lunch pop into Todmorden and go to Blackbird.

12 minutes ago, Pistol_Pete said:

So I am an Edinburgh based fan, looking to drive down for this game. 

I cant book online until 12noon today (according to the ticket website, I am not a member) and I cant imagine they can guarantee postage to me by Friday evening, I cant pay at the ground or collect a pre paid ticket at the ground? 

So how am I meant to be able to get a ticket for the away end exactly? I mean its not like its over 72 hours before kick off or anything?

Why on earth it wasn't made general sale from the off I really can't understand, it's not like we were gonna take any fans up there so no need for any priority periods. The club really are poor on ticketing, unfortunately unlike the Villa situation where they could extend the refund period, for fans in your situation now they can't do anything about it as the times passed.

If I was you I'd email the club explaining the situation and ask if coach 2 could take your tickets up, you could then get them from coach 2 when they arrive at the ground.

38 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

It doesn't go via Leeds it's on a completely different line.

if you want a nice lunch pop into Todmorden and go to Blackbird.

There's a direct train from Leeds to Burnley that departs Leeds at 13.08 and gets to Burnley Manchester Road at 14.11, with no changes. That's quicker than the time from Preston to Burnley that Ole quoted earlier in the thread. So, if travelling from London, King's Cross > Leeds > Burnley is a viable alternative to going via Preston (would need two separate tickets though). 

• Admin
58 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I suspect it's due to an anticipated small crowd, Burnley will have fewer staff on duty so if they can get away with not having to pay someone to open the away ticket office they will do. 

That'll be why there's no POTD either, they'll want to know exactly how many are in the away end so can plan stewarding, kiosks etc.

But unless they do like us and not actually release seats for sale - there looks to be a half decent home crowd going

Mind you nothing would be the craziness of when we went up there a few years back and we had to go in via a side gate one at a time showing ID to prove we were not locals!

Capture.PNG

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

But they don't even need anyone in the away ticket office...

At Cardiff I collected my ticket off some bloke who got off one of the coaches.

I appreciate standard procedure is to send them up on the coach and plant them in the away ticket office, but as Burnley aren't running one, why can't our club just say "OK, Bob will take them up and hand them out"

So much for the magic of the FA cup  ! Disgraceful that Burnley are not having POTD  and not allowing any ticket collections. Can't believe it's a sell out  so why not maximise attendance and revenue.

Why don't the Club make a strongly worded request for Burnley to have POTD and /or ticket collections for our fans to meet what seems a small but loyal away following . BCFC are  always stating how much they appreciate and benefit from our away following so a legitimate protest would seem to be in order.

On 24/01/2017 at 13:36, Hampshire Red said:

Can't wait to see a proper club with a one- team town getting behind their team

Wonder if their fans acted like most on this forum when Sean Dyche was given a contract extension as he was taking them down?

Its smaller than Weston Super Mare and only a bit bigger than Taunton so they have done well haven't they..

Their fans should be eternally grateful to Sean Dyche and I think they are. Really no comparison to us or the situation we find ourselves in tbf.

6 hours ago, Coxy27 said:

Does anyone know why there are no collections?

That seems totally ridiculous.

I spoke to our ticket office today. Burnley advised them that its because " at the last cup game people queued for up to 50 minutes to get their tickets"....What a joke, as if we're taking that many, of which thousands would form such a huge queue. Burnley you are third world...:facepalm:

2 minutes ago, KevP said:

I spoke to our ticket office today. Burnley advised them that its because " at the last cup game people queued for up to 50 minutes to get their tickets"....What a joke, as if we're taking that many, of which thousands would form such a huge queue. Burnley you are third world...:facepalm:

We thought we were inept at ticketing !

1 hour ago, KevP said:

Slight difference between hundreds and hundreds of Mackems and our few though isn`t there Burnley?

Archived