IGNORED

Demonstration

Redmycolour

I apologise in advance for the long long post.

Not that I am defending Johnson but the problem goes deeper than the manager, has for years- I have no clue what it is but it must do.

Look beyond the manager for a minute...look at the ridiculous turnover of players each season, not including loans, is that any way to run a club??

EXCLUDING LOANS AND YOUNG PLAYERS RELEASED AS HAPPENS AT ALL CLUBS:

2012-13

IN

• Morris
  • Cunningham
  • Anderson
  • Heaton
  • Wilson
  • Davies
  • Baldock
  • Bates
  • Kelly
  • Moloney
  • Howard

OUT

• JCR
  • Clarkson
  • James
  • McAllister
  • Riberio
  • Bolasie
  • Pitman
  • Woolford
  • Edwards
  • Morris

2013-14

IN

• Wynter
  • Flint
  • Williams
  • JET
  • Wagstaff
  • Parish
  • Harewood
  • Pack
  • Shorey
  • Richards
  • Osborne
  • El Abd

OUT

• Bates
  • Gerken
  • Heaton
  • Howard
  • Skuse
  • Stead
  • Wilson
  • Foster
  • Nyatanga
  • Anderson
  • Davies
  • Adomah
  • Kilkenny
  • Shorey
  • Taylor
  • Harewood
  • Wilson

2014-15- THE ONE TIME WE IN RECENT YEARS DID IT RIGHT!

IN

• Elliott
  • Little
  • Freeman
  • Smith
  • Wilbraham
  • Ayling
  • Agard

OUT:

Carey

• Fontaine
  • Elliott
  • Pearson
  • Kelly
  • Moloney
  • Parish
  • Baldock
  • Wynter

2015-16- Not necessarily enough but certainly more constructive than 12-13 or 13-14 churn...

IN

• Kodjia
  • Fredericks
  • Garita
  • Golbourne
  • O'Donnell
  • And yes Tomlin and Matthews as they are still here.

OUT

• Elliott
  • JET
  • Richards
  • Cunningham
  • Fredericks

Yes we haven't quite got it right b ut in the right direction we think...then this season 2016-17 comes along.

2016-17

IN

• Brownhill
  • O'Neill
  • Tomlin (made loan perm so already here in many ways)
  • Magnusson
  • O'Dowda
  • Lucic
  • Moore
  • Paterson
  • Engvall
  • Ekstrand
  • Djuric
  • Hegeler
  • Wright

OUT

• El-Abd
  • Osborne
  • Wagstaff
  • Agard
  • Ayling
  • Williams
  • Kodjia
  • Burns
  • O'Donnell

If there is a lesson to be learned I think, it is that consistent churn does not leave a base to progress. This summer was in some ways a slip back to bad habits, to old flaws  I think- not necessarily the players but the model, look. if we exclude Tomlin then excluding loans 12 in permanently, 9 out FFS 21 players or nearly 2 1st XIs. Yes manager may well get sacked, perhaps should but the churn is a nonsense and in no way helps

47 minutes ago, ooRya said:

Genuine question for you............

Do you want City to win on Tuesday, and if so do you really think any kind of demonstration is going to help with that?

I fully understand people want to show their opinions, even if I don't agree with them, but why not just do that on here? It's clear that Steve Lansdown etc are aware of the anger/frustration that's going around, that's why he came out yesterday with his statements.

There is no need to repeat what they already know, all you're going to do is further harm our chances of picking up much needed 3 points.

Unfortunately there is a fringe who seem to revel in the attention and kudos they perceive can be obtained by creating mischief at testing times. Why they cannot divert these creative energies towards supporting the team WHEN THEY MOST NEED IT is beyond my comprehension.

If I was a player I would feel lifted if the fans raised their level of support during a game when times were tough and I would feel that I was part of a very special club and feel proud to wear the jersey. However, if so called fans were turning their backs on me during a game or deliberately turning up late etc then I would far more likely feel demoralised and the next time we were doing well and the fans were turning out in their numbers to enjoy it then it wouldn't mean anything to me as I would think what a bunch of fickle numbwarts they all were.

2 hours ago, redmycolour said:

How about a organised demistration on Tuesday night.perhaps SL will take notice of 80% of fans who want him OUT.How about not entering the ground until the 8th minute.thoughts

Or how about we as supporters follow what our Owner request and support tbe team and th club untill he decides when enough is enough.

Would you be acting this way if we had of won 6 out of 8 because that could of easily happened. Wish every doom merchant would grow up. Call yourselves supporters. If he is good enough for our Owner then he should be good enough for us all.

26 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't it something 13 defeats in 16 matches and you refer to the "grief" that LJ is going to get? We are going down as things stand. I base that purely on our form over the past few months and i';m afraid that LJ is the man ultimately responsible. I see nothing to give even a glimmer of hope whilst the current head coach is in place. SL has stood by his man, the reasons for which we don't know for sure. What does seem likely though is that if we get dicked by Wednesday things will get more unpleasant, and that situation will grow worse for as long as the situation remains.

The way that I see it, is that Steve has stood by his man until the transfer window shuts. We know we are after some additional signings due to injury, perhaps this way it gives confidence to potential players, agents and their clubs that all is rosy down Ashton Gate.

22 minutes ago, phantom said:

Assume you have been home and away over the past few months?

You'd see first hand that the supporters ARE behind the team - for the life of me I can't understand why people KEEP using that line!?!?

Not all but most. As I have for many years before. As I will for the rest of this season and hopefully many more.

Even when we might mathematically be relegated I'll be there.

If you read what I've said it's as an answer to those who like painting bed sheets. Or arriving late or early. I can't say I see that as support. Do you?

22 minutes ago, spudski said:

And you're speaking for 80% of supporters? A figure you've just made up out of thin air.

How about spending your energy supporting the team.

In your words...'He's ran out of ideals.makes stupid subs.shell I go on'... and you want people to take you seriously...:facepalm:

I'd rather see Supporters demonstrate against the rats who actually call themselves 'Supporters'. They can all **** off as far as I'm concerned, Club doesn't need people that make 'Stupid ideals'...:grr::facepalm: FFS...have a word with yourself...

If you read the polls on here that's where I got the figures from 80% not from thin air.

My view on this, on the 8th minute everyone stands up in each stand and sings come on you reds for 8 minutes. This would be a more powerful message. 

The only time I would demonstrate against this club is if we sold it to some unknown asian/american owners 

I'm going to have my own demonstration and feel free to join in if you want. 

I'm going to cheer if we score and cry if they score and possibly shout naughty words at the referee. I hope they get the message. 

As to leaving the ground 8 minutes earlier?? I suppose we will still be winning at that point. 

16 minutes ago, Threshing Red said:

My view on this, on the 8th minute everyone stands up in each stand and sings come on you reds for 8 minutes. This would be a more powerful message. 

The only time I would demonstrate against this club is if we sold it to some unknown asian/american owners 

Why would you want to do that? Reasons given for getting behind the team/coach/owner is that its unhelpful to do otherwise. If SL felt it appropriate to sell to an Asian/Yank who is to question his motives or wisdom for doing so, after all it has been widely reported that he is a shrewd businessman with Bristol City's best interests at heart. I would wager more English clubs have been ruined by English owners than foreigners, and we aint exactly ripping up trees are we?

I hope Mr Lansdown sticks about incidentally, warts and all.

17 minutes ago, redmycolour said:

If you read the polls on here that's where I got the figures from 80% not from thin air.

The forum doesn't represent the majority of people that pay money to actually go and support the Club.

I'd actually quite like to see a 'demonstration' put on, as I think the majority at the Gate would turn on this misguided idea.

It's easy to destroy...it takes a lot more energy and creativity to support and be positive.

If SL decides to keep LJ on, and he turns things round...what are you and all the others going to do who are calling for his head?

Come round to supporting him again? Take some of the glory and winning banter? Because you'll all look like the spoilt brat kids who everyone hates. There will be a lot of SUPPORTERS who will turn round and say 'where were you when times were tough?'

Our owner has made his decision...he's asked for our support. It's not rocket science....

55 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I apologise in advance for the long long post.

Not that I am defending Johnson but the problem goes deeper than the manager, has for years- I have no clue what it is but it must do.

Look beyond the manager for a minute...look at the ridiculous turnover of players each season, not including loans, is that any way to run a club??

EXCLUDING LOANS AND YOUNG PLAYERS RELEASED AS HAPPENS AT ALL CLUBS:

2012-13

IN

• Morris
  • Cunningham
  • Anderson
  • Heaton
  • Wilson
  • Davies
  • Baldock
  • Bates
  • Kelly
  • Moloney
  • Howard

OUT

• JCR
  • Clarkson
  • James
  • McAllister
  • Riberio
  • Bolasie
  • Pitman
  • Woolford
  • Edwards
  • Morris

2013-14

IN

• Wynter
  • Flint
  • Williams
  • JET
  • Wagstaff
  • Parish
  • Harewood
  • Pack
  • Shorey
  • Richards
  • Osborne
  • El Abd

OUT

• Bates
  • Gerken
  • Heaton
  • Howard
  • Skuse
  • Stead
  • Wilson
  • Foster
  • Nyatanga
  • Anderson
  • Davies
  • Adomah
  • Kilkenny
  • Shorey
  • Taylor
  • Harewood
  • Wilson

2014-15- THE ONE TIME WE IN RECENT YEARS DID IT RIGHT!

IN

• Elliott
  • Little
  • Freeman
  • Smith
  • Wilbraham
  • Ayling
  • Agard

OUT:

Carey

• Fontaine
  • Elliott
  • Pearson
  • Kelly
  • Moloney
  • Parish
  • Baldock
  • Wynter

2015-16- Not necessarily enough but certainly more constructive than 12-13 or 13-14 churn...

IN

• Kodjia
  • Fredericks
  • Garita
  • Golbourne
  • O'Donnell
  • And yes Tomlin and Matthews as they are still here.

OUT

• Elliott
  • JET
  • Richards
  • Cunningham
  • Fredericks

Yes we haven't quite got it right b ut in the right direction we think...then this season 2016-17 comes along.

2016-17

IN

• Brownhill
  • O'Neill
  • Tomlin (made loan perm so already here in many ways)
  • Magnusson
  • O'Dowda
  • Lucic
  • Moore
  • Paterson
  • Engvall
  • Ekstrand
  • Djuric
  • Hegeler
  • Wright

OUT

• El-Abd
  • Osborne
  • Wagstaff
  • Agard
  • Ayling
  • Williams
  • Kodjia
  • Burns
  • O'Donnell

If there is a lesson to be learned I think, it is that consistent churn does not leave a base to progress. This summer was in some ways a slip back to bad habits, to old flaws  I think- not necessarily the players but the model, look. if we exclude Tomlin then excluding loans 12 in permanently, 9 out FFS 21 players or nearly 2 1st XIs. Yes manager may well get sacked, perhaps should but the churn is a nonsense and in no way helps

The churn comes from changing managers so often. The new one comes in and wants rid of players he thinks aren't good enough and wants to bring in ones he "can work with".  The same for coaches, academy managers, scouts and so on. When he is sacked the one coming in does the same thing and it just gets repeated over and over.  

If LJ is sacked we will then go back to having two more years of a manager saying we are in transition as he builds the squad and spends more of SL's money. I'm sick of it as it always feels like we are on hold. 

For that reason I am willing to give this "project" time in the hope that we get off this stupid merry-go-round and build something solid and sustainable as Southampton and Swansea have done.

Finally, whilst we are all annoyed by what has happened imagine how SL must feel after the millions he has spent this year on transfers let alone on the new ground, so any demonstration is misplaced in my view as I am sure he knows exactly how we feel.  Look at clubs like Portsmouth and Plymouth - we could easily be like them now if it wasn't for him.

34 minutes ago, redmycolour said:

Then you've misread the polls.

80% of people think it would be a good idea to replace the manager.

80% of people (probably) do not think it would be a good idea to hold a demonstration aimed at the owner until he does what they want.

• Admin
25 minutes ago, spudski said:

The forum doesn't represent the majority of people that pay money to actually go and support the Club.

I'd actually quite like to see a 'demonstration' put on, as I think the majority at the Gate would turn on this misguided idea.

It's easy to destroy...it takes a lot more energy and creativity to support and be positive.

If SL decides to keep LJ on, and he turns things round...what are you and all the others going to do who are calling for his head?

Come round to supporting him again? Take some of the glory and winning banter? Because you'll all look like the spoilt brat kids who everyone hates. There will be a lot of SUPPORTERS who will turn round and say 'where were you when times were tough?'

Our owner has made his decision...he's asked for our support. It's not rocket science....

Valid points, just to be pedantic you have no way of knowing that this forum isn't a decent benchmark of our support

Are we to assume only those (80%) that are unhappy with LJ still being in charge are the only ones that use OTIB, and those who are happy for him to be in post don't use this site?

I have to say, from not only OTIB, but other websites and forums the large majority of those posting do want to see a change at the helm

Of course either of us could be correct and there is no defenitive way of proving either - it's just funny how on the back of an announcement from SL suddenly the current and long term form and results of the side should be forgotten

That's the point. No cheers...no clapping...no singing...stay silent and show the board the manager and the players without the supporters and encouragement, the fans are unhappy with the situation but we are not being unruly and showing them exactly that we are true supporters and we will not put up with what we have been paying for.

As supporters we are passionate. we love our club and we are good supporters through good times and bad but this situation we are in now is unacceptable.

The point to be made in silence will be heard by the whole of Bristol.

Silence is golden but deadly! 

55 minutes ago, spudski said:

"The forum doesn't represent the majority of people "

Application of standard sampling techniques would suggest that is not the case, as I have on another thread.

"It's easy to destroy...it takes a lot more energy and creativity to support and be positive"

Agreed. But just as SL is adamant that LJ is the right man for the job, many don't. What are they to do, shut up and say nothing?

"Our owner has made his decision...he's asked for our support. It's not rocket science...."

Blindly following SL would make him an autocrat and us fans the minnions. I'm sure neither want that.

There is a way where both SL and the disgruntled among us both get what they want. A demonstration before the game, with full support for the players during it. I can see nothing wrong in that.

Archived