IGNORED

If you were giving the team talk at Burnley

Just managed to open my eyes after yesterdays goings on and realised that it wasn't all a bad dream.

Just read the post regarding the open letter to the players. Got me thinking what I would say if I was giving the teamtalk against Burnley.

It seems that a cloud of nervousness is hanging over the players at present, not really suprising considering confidence must be shot to pieces.

I would tell them that Burnley is a one off....go out and ENJOY the game and try and play with some freedom without the pressure of league points. Give a performance and remember what it feels like to come off feeling proud.

What would everyone else say?

Forget the league, go out and enjoy yourself, give it everything you've got for 90 minutes and keep the ball in your opponents half.  This is a one off chance to show the world what you have got.

Attack them from kickoff until the end of the game and show them and the TV viewers that you all have premier league class.

If any of their players look like  causing trouble kick them hard.

Save any dirty tackles for behind the referees back and outside of your own penalty area.

Keep feeding Tammy and he will get a hat-trick and otherwise take every opportunity to shoot on sight.

29 minutes ago, Buster Footman's T shirt said:

Just managed to open my eyes after yesterdays goings on and realised that it wasn't all a bad dream.

Just read the post regarding the open letter to the players. Got me thinking what I would say if I was giving the teamtalk against Burnley.

It seems that a cloud of nervousness is hanging over the players at present, not really suprising considering confidence must be shot to pieces.

I would tell them that Burnley is a one off....go out and ENJOY the game and try and play with some freedom without the pressure of league points. Give a performance and remember what it feels like to come off feeling proud.

What would everyone else say?

I would ask Lee to tell the players, "Pretend I'm not here," then ask Pembo to give the same motivational team talk that he uttered at 2.45pm, on Saturday 16th January 2016. The day we faced top of the table Middlesrough and won, despite sitting in 22nd place in The Championship, but displaying the battling qualities and nous that Johnson inherited weeks later. 

That day and Wes Burns' last minute winner will live long in the memory.

Go Pembo!

"Men, there comes a time in every managers career when he looks at his players and asks them to go the extra mile, maybe even a mile and a half. A time to stand up, turn around and indeed, give some consideration to the Okey Cokey. It's on days like these when real men step forward, never look backward and are on the winning side. We need to come together, as eleven players on the field. Today we are all of you, you are all of us and everybody needs somebody. So go out there, pass the ball, play football with your heads held high and your shorts up. Never give up and everything will work out in end, or even the beginning. Remember the plan, follow the plan but don't let the plan rule everything if you think something else may work. Now lets not lose this !!!"

Right Lads, we were given no chance in a comparable tie 12 months ago at the Hawthorns. Noone gave us (not me because cotts was manager) a chance but we played attacking Football (which I don't comprehend)deserved to win, made inspired substitutions and all 4000 City fans had a good day out.

Now what's changed? We have Tammy instead of Kodjia and we don't have Agard anymore

We can win against this yo yo Prem team and then I can discuss with MA how we climb the league and shut up these twits on OTiB who want the world to change in just one or two transfer windows. They also pretend to be life-long fans of the club but have forgotten how to travel to away grounds and support the team. West Bromwich was great and somehow they turned up at Fulham.

Apart from that they are a whinging bunch who slag us off from the comfort of their Internet..

Let's go out and show them pride and passion and make them wish they were real fans travelling to SUPPORT the club! 

Wee Lee

Meh, its only a game lads, lets get through this 'un, it'll all be over by teatime, and we can all f U ck off home. You'll be in yer nice warm motors in no time.... anyway have fun take care, catch y'all laters.

Oh yeah, I'm off t'see La La Land t'nite any of you lot seen it?... Any good? ... 

Oh **** it, is that the time already?,.here we go then lads. And dont forget to wave and clap at the punters in the stand, they luv's us when we do that, gotta keep the muppets 'appy innit.

Archived