IGNORED

If you were giving the team talk at Burnley

Multiple options:

If you wont do it for me, do it for the fans.

Come on you wasters, show me what you're made of.

We're due a win, and I think today is it.

Today, the strikers can be defenders and the defenders can be strikers.

Can you guys please please please pretty please win?

If I get the sack, you might actually have to do some work.

If you guys lose, you will all have to write an open letter to be posted on OTIB explaining why you lost

My dad says...

It's not only my CV that looks bad at the moment

There is no 'i' in team

Is it cuz I'z short

I know you guys put a lot of effort into getting those banners made but...

Those tactics we practiced all last week, I've had a change of heart

We're playing a flat pyramid formation today, 1 up front and 10 at the back

What ever you do, don't let any goals in

"Crumble over the dried chilli and scatter over some rosemary leaves. Season with sea salt and pour over the wine. Drizzle over the olive oilL Seal the parchment paper and foil around the fish. Start at the ends, rolling them inwards to ensure the ends are properly sealed, then crimp the sides to create a pasty-shaped parcel. The parcel should be tightly sealed so that the fish steams as it cooks without any steam escaping."

- Lee Johnson's Bream Talk, pre Burnley.

48 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Have the courage to fail .

Now give it everything you have .

To that I would add "You are professional footballers; go and prove it to those who support you and the club that pays you".

Not sure about pre match but I think half time might be like this.

swap Johnson for Bassett and Mexico for Burnley hahaha

Have you heard what the crowd are ****ing shouting? "F*** Bassett!" "Bassett's a ****!" "Bassett's a bastard!" "Bassett's a ******!" They shouldn't be f*****g shouting at me, they should be shouting at you, and do you know why? Because it's ******* half-time, and we're f*****g 2-0 down to the f*****g Mexicans! What the ****ks wrong with you? Get your f*****g fingers out! Where's your bottle f*****g gone?

21 hours ago, screech said:

If anyone is interested (and granted you're probably not) John Sitton (him above) just published his autobiography back in December. It's a pretty low budget self-published affair but I thought it was an interesting storyline given the above documentary if you saw it at the time back in the nineties. 

He was blackballed from football on the strength that clip alone and ended up doing the knowledge and becoming a London cabbie. He's still pretty bitter about it, but his constant stream of consciousness on Twitter (mostly about London traffic) does turn up some very forthright and unvarnished views about the problems with English football, and his book, amongst other reflection on problems in the game, deals with how football players can be spoilt, dishonest and undermine the manager and how difficult it is to deal with them. Apt considering some peoples view of our current situation. 

"You can pair up if you like, and you can f*****g pick someone else to help you, and you can bring your f*****g dinner"

Archived