IGNORED

Zak Vyner

Savino

I see that the BP is reporting that Zak is likely to start at Burnley.

So we play the kid against a top Brighton side last year and watch him suffer, send him out on loan to gain experience and confidence, recall him and throw him in away to a Prem team with a great home record...... completely brainless!

I just hope it's a false rumour.

7 minutes ago, Savino said:

So we play the kid against a top Brighton side last year and watch him suffer, send him out on loan to gain experience and confidence, recall him and throw him in away to a Prem team with a great home record...... completely brainless!

I don't.

Matthews and Little not 100% it makes sense to try and get them ready for the next 2, hugely important league games.

I don't expect to see Tammy on Saturday either.

9 minutes ago, Savino said:

Oh for God's sake, he appears to be our only fit right back, if Johnson didn't consider playing him, it would be "square pegs in round holes" or if he changed the formation to compensate it would be "the tinker man strikes again". 

The FA Cup is of secondary importance, this game is another opportunity to add to the kids experience. 

"Completely brainless"? do me a ******* favour!

8 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Oh for God's sake, he appears to be our only fit right back, if Johnson didn't consider playing him, it would be "square pegs in round holes" or if he changed the formation to compensate it would be "the tinker man strikes again". 

The FA Cup is of secondary importance, this game is another opportunity to add to the kids experience. 

"Completely brainless"? do me a ******* favour!

Can't Wright play right back?

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

Can't Wright play right back?

I am not sure, maybe? But I am sure Johnson would prefer to leave the back 3 as they are to give them another game to play together and build understanding.  Isn't more right wing back anyway, I am not sure which of them has had experience of that position? 

Well I guess the OP just about sums up the mood on here at the moment.

For years criticism has been given for not playing our youth and when we do- there's criticism.

Talk about can't doing right for wrong.

It's a game that we're unlikely to win in a competition we won't win without divine intervention. I'd prefer to see Zak in an away game where the result is not going to damage out league position further yet gives him a chance to show where he's at.

11 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

I rate Vyner. RCB in a back three is perhaps his best position. Be interesting to see how he handled RWB. OP needs to get a grip because IMO we don't use our youngsters enough. 

Do you base that on watching him in reserve matches, Shtanley? 

I haven't really seen anything to suggest he's of the right standard for Championship games.

I don't have an issue with playing youngsters, Tammy has proved the point again and again, and for me players of the calibre of Taylor Moore could/should have been around to step in.

Maybe I'm wrong, I just feel that Zak ended up with all the pre-debut hype about him crushed, and on his first game back he has a massive challenge.

Really hope he has a great game if he plays, and genuinely happy to be proved wrong - to the benefit of our great football club.

If the Post is correct I think it means our efforts to sign a Right Back / RWB (prob on loan) are taking longer than hoped, leaving us with very few options. And if it looks like a new player won't arrive before the Sheff Wed game next Tuesday it actually makes sense to play Vyner on Saturday to bring him up to speed. So long as he doesn't have a complete mare - hopefully the experience of playing regularly at Accrington has brought him on a bit since the Brighton game! (Which wasn't a true reflection of his abilities anyway imo)    

2 hours ago, Savino said:

Massive difference here. Last season he was plunged in at the deep end, did well but only three days later was asked to do a one on one job against Knockaert, when knackered from the exertions of his first game of men's football no doubt, who subsequently destroyed him.

This season he has gone on loan, played plenty of games and will be up and ready for Burnley if selected.

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Do you base that on watching him in reserve matches, Shtanley? 

I haven't really seen anything to suggest he's of the right standard for Championship games.

I'd say mostly yes. I know it's league 2 but he was good at Stanley too. I think MK dons away last year he was excellent considering it was his first ever match at this level. 

He's not really good enough to be starting in an ideal Bristol city championship team right now of course but I don't see him sticking out like an obvious weak link. He's certainly got the physical attributes to become a championship player it's just whether he can nail down the tactics behind 1 position because changing from a RCB to a CB to a RB then to a RWB can't be too easy to follow

Just now, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Our slowest player and not very comfortable on the ball, I wouldn't say so.

He's a CB. They aren't made for speed. However while we have Wilbs and Tommo in the team I don't think he (or Hordur or Flinty) are ever going to be the slowest.

Just now, Red-Robbo said:

He's a CB. They aren't made for speed. However while we have Wilbs and Tommo in the team I don't think he (or Hordur or Flinty) are ever going to be the slowest.

I'm not slating him, that's why I said he can't play right back along with a lack of ball playing skills (which again, centre backs aren't made for). Wilbs I'll give you though I'm not sure why you have a perception that Tomlin is slow, he might be carrying a bit of timber but he can definitely shift

Just now, Aaron-Bcfc said:

I'm not slating him, that's why I said he can't play right back along with a lack of ball playing skills (which again, centre backs aren't made for). Wilbs I'll give you though I'm not sure why you have a perception that Tomlin is slow, he might be carrying a bit of timber but he can definitely shift

Re: Tomlin. He does a JET-style sprint once per match and then spends 5 minutes recovering!  :laughcont:

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

The club let Accrington play him against Premier League opposition? What on earth were they thinking, that it might help his development, surely not? 

agreed, I bet he learnt more in that 1 game against brighton than 3 months on the training ground, how on earth is he supposed to improve otherwise

Archived