IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Sheffield Wednesday Match Day Thread

Good day everyone,

It has been exactly five score years and 10 since Bristol City hosted Sheffield Wednesday in a football league match and won when the year ended in a 7; 1907 was that year. A completely useless, irrelevant and boring factoid that nobody, not even me, has the slightest bit of interest in.

And this is about as demotivated as I have ever been doing a match day thread. I really could not care less and so regrettably, for tonight, I am going to leave you with your own thoughts. I stopped making whimsical predictions long ago about match results but a draw seems a likely outcome. Lose and a few fans, might reflect, express anger or simple shake their head.

Later on, when reality sinks in that Lee Johnson is still the manager, it might look a bit like incredulity..

589094f0f3600_JohnCleese.jpeg.b0a819c0f4739af5bf6450fb1aaf07b0.jpeg

Short and sweet. Goodnyt all.

p.s. I hope the outside lights of two new Stands do not illuminate like a Vicarage Road stick of rock tonight.

• Like 6

Afternoon one and all. My feelings are somewhat different tonight, I'm excited, nervous, worried, it's going to be a whirlwind for sure, So I am bringing my hip flask tonight. 

I'll be quite easy to spot. If the game is somewhat the same trend as Cardiff, I'll be going through some motions tonight for sure.

By half-time:

giphy-2.gif.612cb9877ccd9c5b1481231d7deb9d68.gif

By the 80th minute:

TdPfOYn.gif.f615a4d5220ad1e803864c4abfd40217.gif

94th Minute:

LloydBridgesonGlue.jpg.f2941beedf0e1c1d0d9170fa22d465cf.jpg

Edited by Red_Wizard
  • Like 7
9 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Good day everyone,

It has been exactly five score years and 10 since Bristol City hosted Sheffield Wednesday in a football league match and won when the year ended in a 7; 1907 was that year. A completely useless, irrelevant and boring factoid that nobody, not even me, has the slightest bit of interest in.

And this is about as demotivated as I have ever been doing a match day thread. I really could not care less and so regrettably, for tonight, I am going to leave you with your own thoughts. I stopped making whimsical predictions long ago about match results but a draw seems a likely outcome. Lose and a few fans, might reflect, express anger or simple shake their head.

Later on, when reality sinks in that Lee Johnson is still the manager, it might look a bit like incredulity..

p.s. I hope the outside lights of two new Stands do not illuminate like a Vicarage Road stick of rock tonight.

as you have done the condensed version is @BigTone doing the full one?

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Good day everyone,

Condensed Condensed Version

Sheffield Wednesday:

Yo all

Don't give a shite

Night all

Edited by BigTone
  • Like 4
27 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Good day everyone,

Fascinating

• Like 1

Think there will be a few goals tonight and given recent games between us and Wednesday perhaps penalties too. 

Enjoy the highlights from last seasons 4-1 win here: https://owlsonline.com/?page=news&news_id=1733

Lets win well tonight and wipe out the memory of what happened at their place earlier this season......a defeat that was very hard to take under the circumstances.

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Good day everyone,

Do you have to spoil our day's entertainment by bringing football into it ? 

Have you no compassion ? 

:disapointed2se:

• Like 1
Just now, Squire Dastardly said:

A short time ago in a match against Sheff Wed, our beloved men in red were winning 2-0 and had just been awarded a penalty. It did not end well. I only mention it since it is a wonderful example of how fortunes can change in a very short space of time. Let's hope things change as much and in such an unlikely fashion again tonight.

Ive long thought that in many ways that week was the turning point in the season.

I think the Saturday before we'd drawn at Rotherham, coming from behind and then in the last minute had a shot hit the post, but stay out. At Wednesday Tomlin's penalty would have put us 3-1 up, and  back then that would probably have sealed the win, but he hit the post and it stayed out. The following Saturday, again in the last minute Tomlin hit the bar, and again it stayed out and we drew 1-1.

in another season those three shots would have gone in off the woodwork, we'd have come away with 8 more points and would probably have maintained our momentum, even though we weren't playing brilliantly at the time.

I know it's ifs and buts, but on such small margins success and failure often hinge.

I know it doesn't excuse some of LJ's selections and tactical decisions, but I don't think we've benefitted from much luck over the past few months, other than being lucky we weren't stuffed on a few occasions!

2 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

Think there will be a few goals tonight and given recent games between us and Wednesday perhaps penalties too. 

Enjoy the highlights from last seasons 4-1 win here: https://owlsonline.com/?page=news&news_id=1733

Lets win well tonight and wipe out the memory of what happened at their place earlier this season......a defeat that was very hard to take under the circumstances.

Width, wing play, pressing, passing into space, players running, pace..... pretty much the same players that did that for us last season just seem to have forgotten how.

• Like 1

Good evening friends.

I also can't be bothered to do the 'alternative' version after today's excitement.

So the condensed alternative version is as follows...

Sheffield. Somewhere 'oop north' with lots of owls and Hovis. 

Possibly a shithole. 

So I think AG will be rocking with MT strolling out on the pitch, even if he isn't on the bench or in the line up. I'm sure he will do a lap for the throng.

With the atmosphere tripled compared to previous games, I'm going to say a 1-1 draw though I have a sneaky 2-1 going either way too...

Edit: The usual crowd will be in the chat discussing Matty Taylor and the clause in his contract banning him from the City trophy room... join us from kick off.

Edited by Septic Peg
  • Like 1

Well ............ if this new 'Taylor' johny-come-lately fella is any good at putting the round thing in the onion bag, I am sure City will play him for two seasons, then put him on the subs bench, and then sell him to West Brom for slightly less than we paid for him.

It's called a 'business model', silly people.

:punish:

tfj

1 minute ago, Septic Peg said:

Good evening friends.

I also can't be bothered to do the 'alternative' version after today's excitement.

So the condensed alternative version is as follows...

Sheffield. Somewhere 'oop north' with lots of owls and Hovis. 

Possibly a shithole. 

So I think AG will be rocking with MT strolling out on the pitch, even if he isn't on the bench or in the line up. I'm sure he will do a lap for the throng.

With the atmosphere tripled compared to previous games, I'm going to say a 1-1 draw though I have a sneaky 2-1 going either way too...

Don't give up your day job.

"Boooooooooooooo, rubbish, get off!!"

:redcard:

tfj

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Slippin cider said:

Whilst I applaud the business done let's not get too distracted from the main agenda...we need to WIN tonight and Saturday or Johnson will be in deep s**t ...have a good feeling though for tonight ....2-1 city ! COYR!! :chant6ez:

I'd love us to win.

This does not change the fact we are going to be spanked 1-3 by the Owls.

I am so unhappy.

:badmood:

tfj

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

Feel good factor for me in giggling at the G*S doesn't cloud my view however that we may get smashed up tonight. 

Bannan for me is class, stop him and we will win. 

Bannan could have his 'face smashed in' by confused rioting SAG fans.

Hope springs eternal.

tfj

• Like 1
3 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Good day everyone,

Just what we need, a bit of positivity!! Come ON you Reds...Get 'em!!!!