IGNORED

Next FAN meeting - Thursday 16th February - agenda items please!

Blagdon Mike

18 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Can we sell beer tokens before the game so we dont have to queue for ages to get a drink at half time and miss second half kick off. 

This is such a great idea. You'd have to go back to the same kiosk you bought the token but they could pre-pour without risking over doing it.

Queries pre-meeting for FAN 16/02/2017

I said:  This is Q&A feedback from the Club on questions arising from fans on this thread up to this point

The questions arose during the process of gathering agenda items.

The replies are from a Club representative on FAN.

There has been no discussion on FAN.

The sheet of Qs and Answers will be available at FAN for any comments.

Reminder: Next meeting is this coming Thursday 16th February starting at 7pm in the Heineken Lounge.

Non-members - please introduce yourself on arrival.

On 07/02/2017 at 12:59, Blagdon Mike said:

Queries pre-meeting for FAN 16/02/2017

This is Q&A feedback from the Club on questions arising from fans on this thread up to this point:

Q1.  Change in process for obtaining the £10 guest tickets
Why was there a change - against Blackburn earlier in the season it was a simple process online to buy, just login through our account, select the seats, select 'guest ticket' then pay.  For the Rotherham game the club suddenly needed this ticket against a supporter ID. This meant for 'new' supporters we had to provide: full name, address, telephone number & email address. Add to that there isn't a facility to set up an ID online (and this wasn't advertised anywhere) it meant a long phone call to the club.

A1.  We added the specific data requirement for the Rotherham game as it’s important that we know who is attending so that we can attract them again.  It’s all about growing our attendances.  This was the first time we’ve done it and we’ve already learnt some lessons from it eg you can set up an ID online, but we just need to advertise and explain this better.  In addition, we should be more up front about what information is needed for the guest, to make the purchase journey smoother.

Q2.  Re-raising the idea of a sitting/standing sections at away games

Stoke sell away tickets on the proviso that sitters go towards the front and standers towards the back:

http://www.stokecityfc.com/news/article/2016-17/spurs-ticket-information-3539903.aspx

Is there any update regarding implementing this for BCFC?

A2.  This is proving a lot more difficult to implement. For example, Newcastle away we are asked to sell block-by-block across eight different blocks, front to back. Now clearly this is always likely to sell out, but if we sold blocks 1 & 2 first as seated and 7 & 8 at the same as standing, but didn’t actually sell out, leaving blocks 3 & 4, 5 & 6 not full then we could be liable for unnecessary costs.  In addition, if we sell a ticket in a seated section, but then the person decides to stand throughout, there’s nothing we can do to police it. It’s clearly a lot easier in the Premier League where the small away allocations sell out on a regular basis.

Q3.  Our away ticket prices

Reading FC who are 3rd in this division, have not spent millions on players and charge away fans £20.

Why are the club against £20 limit for away supporters?

A3.  We are one of the cheaper away prices on average, when you compare how many silver games there are in a season. However, the pricing structure for away falls in line with our structure for the rest of the stadium. With the Atyeo sold out for the season, our cheapest silver adult price is £21 for members in the South Stand or £26 for non-members; it’s £25 for away fans in the Atyeo (ie non-member rate).  Our main focus is increasing home attendances and ensuring a season card offers the best value for supporters. The question is, if we made the away ticket at member price (ie £21 for away fans for silver games, £26 for away fans for gold games), what would the feedback be?  We’re happy to have the debate on this at FAN.

Q4.  Discounts for next season

Fans presenting a dual-season ticket card only to have 15% discount applied when it should be 20%.

This only appears to be known about by whoever put together the welcome letter.

If there is no plans to have machines that can scan the cards and auto apply the correct discount then it would be better not to offer it next year.

Offer 15% and maybe reduce dual tickets by £20 or something.

Compensation for this season e.g. £10 voucher for the club shop would not go amiss.

A4.  It’s certainly in the pipeline for season card holders and members to be able to swipe their cards to secure the correct discount.  It would speed up the process for fans as well.  Whether it will be in place for next season, it’s too soon to say, but if not then we’ll certainly review how we issue discounts anyhow.

Q5.  Toilets in the FanZone

Is this feasible – if so, in what time-scale?

A5.  We don’t really want to bring portaloos into that area, which is in line with feedback we’ve had from our own supporters.  At present we’d ask fans to head into the Sports Bar and use the toilet facilities in there. Longer-term, we are looking at what solutions are available to improve the FanZone, including toilets.

If it arises then personally I'd be fine if the cheapest tickets were in the away end 

On 07/02/2017 at 14:52, RegC said:

I disagree - it should not be beyond the wit of the club or their IT suppliers to get this right. Even in the absence of a swipe-card solution it just means you get your staff to implement it properly.

So I feel that this should NOT be a proposal for FAN to take forward. Can this be agreed?

I'm fed up of every single time having to let them know my season ticket is a plus season ticket, they seem to take off the lower discount by default. They then have to spend ages correcting the discount. 

Another thing I'm fed up at is I believed all vendors were supposed to give a discount? Yet the various burger vans and stalls refuse to do so so I've stopped buying from them now.

• Admin
8 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I'm fed up of every single time having to let them know my season ticket is a plus season ticket, they seem to take off the lower discount by default. They then have to spend ages correcting the discount. 

Another thing I'm fed up at is I believed all vendors were supposed to give a discount? Yet the various burger vans and stalls refuse to do so so I've stopped buying from them now.

Probably the wrong thread to discuss this, if we were in September you could maybe excuse this - but we're nearing the end of February and the same problems highlighted against Wigan are STILL happening 

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Probably the wrong thread to discuss this, if we were in September you could maybe excuse this - but we're nearing the end of February and the same problems highlighted against Wigan are STILL happening 

I see the problem as a lack of communication and the staff not being able to cope with the amount of fans and a lack of training. 

As for discounts all round the ground I've given up now, the cynic in me says they wouldn't want to lose out on a chunk of money. But I feel if I'm spending 6 quid on a burger then I should be getting the 15% discount that I'm supposed to get. 

Last week at the rugby I was sent to get a load of burgers from the butchers bbq (which is excellent, shame they are not at the football) all together my order totalled 30 odd quid and they refused to give a discount, should have been given like a fiver off and despite telling them they should be giving discounts they still refused. I seriously felt like they had stolen money from me.

There needs to be very clear information given about these discounts to fans and to staff. At the moment no one is on the same page but then I suppose that's always been the Bristol City way and despite building a new stadium it appears somethings just never change.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Up The City! said:

I see the problem as a lack of communication and the staff not being able to cope with the amount of fans and a lack of training. 

As for discounts all round the ground I've given up now, the cynic in me says they wouldn't want to lose out on a chunk of money. But I feel if I'm spending 6 quid on a burger then I should be getting the 15% discount that I'm supposed to get. 

Last week at the rugby I was sent to get a load of burgers from the butchers bbq (which is excellent, shame they are not at the football) all together my order totalled 30 odd quid and they refused to give a discount, should have been given like a fiver off and despite telling them they should be giving discounts they still refused. I seriously felt like they had stolen money from me.

There needs to be very clear information given about these discounts to fans and to staff. At the moment no one is on the same page but then I suppose that's always been the Bristol City way and despite building a new stadium it appears somethings just never change.

100% agree - like I said before if it was the start of the season (as this all came in this summer) you may excuse it, but as we are in mid February it is nothing short of piss poor customer service!

It is a shame as @Mkelly seems to be forever chasing someone down for not doing something right around the outlets after every game

• Admin

Latest details from the supporter meeting at Ashton Gate on February 16th.

Attendance
FAN: Jeremy Palmer (JP, Chair), Mike Adams (MA, Secretary), Les Bowen (LB), John Carnell (JCl), Jon Darch (JD), Marie Day (MD), John Greenwood (JG), Miles Hendy (MH), Mike McGrath (MM), Rob Palmer (RP), Alan Payne (AP), Keith Perry (KP), Phil Sweet, Rob Wood (RW). 
The Club: Adam Baker (ABr), Andrew Billingham (ABm), Rachel Lemar (RL), Taylor Kingscott (TK). 
Guests: Ben Mitchell (BM), Dave Walker (DW). 
Apologies: Terry Bond (TB), Rob Jones (RJ) 

1. Apologies, matters arising & Club response pre-meeting
Toilets for supporters outside the building before kick-off 
The Club had been recommending using toilets accessed upstairs at the back of the Sports Bar. This is difficult because the bar is often packed. Permanent facilities are needed outside to conform with the club’s policy to have major food and drink services outside, encouraging supporters to congregate outside before kick-off [action – BS reps] 

2.  Ticketing - season cards 2017/18
ABm presented BSL’s proposals on season cards 2017/18. Although some of the proposals remain confidential and still work in progress, ABm did open up about a survey that was sent to the supporter database. The survey had a 1/8 response rate. Following feedback from last season, all advertised season card prices will include all fees. Average attendance last season was 15,200, whereas now it is over 19,000; it’s a “big challenge” to maintain that rate of growth next season. The £10 ticket scheme for SC holders produced a record home attendance for the season at the Blackburn game and is one of a number of benefits the club will be looking to replicate next season. The business is aiming to be on sale mid-March. Further details to be announced in the coming weeks by the club.  

3.  FAN elections
It had been previously agreed for elections for FAN to be held near the end of this season; candidates to provide 100-word summary + photo to be placed online. The 5,000 new STC holders over the last two years were to be specially targeted for nominations. It was agreed at this meeting to elect the three officers from the existing group for continuity at our next meeting as item No1. FAN would meet on the second Saturday home game of next season. [action – FAN officers] 
Articles explaining the role of value of FAN and seeking nominations would be placed in the programme and on the website.  [Action - a group to organise by email before March 13th was appointed consisting of: John Carnell, Phil Sweet, Miles Hendy, Jeremy Palmer and Mike Adams] 

4.  Junior FAN
No progress to report; Villa example is being studied – Item No2 on next agenda. 

5.  Website working group
At the next (third) meeting, members will view work done so far. BCFC’s website will be independent from July 1st onwards. The club are looking at what they do with their video offering outside of the FLi network. ABr shared recent video view statistics of circa 800 views for Matty Taylor’s first interview on Player HD, compared to 15,000 on YouTube and 500,000 via Facebook Live. 

6.  Matchday experience for ambulant disabled supporters
MM had sent in some requests and questions which had not been answered beforehand: 
a) Every entrance to the stadium is stepped and there is still no seating provided in the concourse – reason given by BSL being H&S restrictions. Flip seats against the walls was suggested, which could be lockable after use. [action - BSL reps, DW at next SAG meeting]. 
‘Beer and Pie shelves’ are needed – Manchester City was cited as an example of using every nook and cranny. 
b) Stewards had not been effective in making standing supporters sit down in W17.  MM produced a photo showing a steward himself blocking the view. [action - ABm to inform MK and DW to monitor from police box at the next game] 

Next meeting
Thursday, May 11th 2017, 7pm.

Read more at http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/fan-meeting-minutes-february-2017-3598203.aspx#XeXhFlciHrIYT8Ey.99

12 hours ago, phantom said:

Latest details from the supporter meeting at Ashton Gate on February 16th.

Attendance
FAN: Jeremy Palmer (JP, Chair), Mike Adams (MA, Secretary), Les Bowen (LB), John Carnell (JCl), Jon Darch (JD), Marie Day (MD), John Greenwood (JG), Miles Hendy (MH), Mike McGrath (MM), Rob Palmer (RP), Alan Payne (AP), Keith Perry (KP), Phil Sweet, Rob Wood (RW). 
The Club: Adam Baker (ABr), Andrew Billingham (ABm), Rachel Lemar (RL), Taylor Kingscott (TK). 
Guests: Ben Mitchell (BM), Dave Walker (DW). 
Apologies: Terry Bond (TB), Rob Jones (RJ) 

1. Apologies, matters arising & Club response pre-meeting
Toilets for supporters outside the building before kick-off 
The Club had been recommending using toilets accessed upstairs at the back of the Sports Bar. This is difficult because the bar is often packed. Permanent facilities are needed outside to conform with the club’s policy to have major food and drink services outside, encouraging supporters to congregate outside before kick-off [action – BS reps] 

2.  Ticketing - season cards 2017/18
ABm presented BSL’s proposals on season cards 2017/18. Although some of the proposals remain confidential and still work in progress, ABm did open up about a survey that was sent to the supporter database. The survey had a 1/8 response rate. Following feedback from last season, all advertised season card prices will include all fees. Average attendance last season was 15,200, whereas now it is over 19,000; it’s a “big challenge” to maintain that rate of growth next season. The £10 ticket scheme for SC holders produced a record home attendance for the season at the Blackburn game and is one of a number of benefits the club will be looking to replicate next season. The business is aiming to be on sale mid-March. Further details to be announced in the coming weeks by the club.  

3.  FAN elections
It had been previously agreed for elections for FAN to be held near the end of this season; candidates to provide 100-word summary + photo to be placed online. The 5,000 new STC holders over the last two years were to be specially targeted for nominations. It was agreed at this meeting to elect the three officers from the existing group for continuity at our next meeting as item No1. FAN would meet on the second Saturday home game of next season. [action – FAN officers] 
Articles explaining the role of value of FAN and seeking nominations would be placed in the programme and on the website.  [Action - a group to organise by email before March 13th was appointed consisting of: John Carnell, Phil Sweet, Miles Hendy, Jeremy Palmer and Mike Adams] 

4.  Junior FAN
No progress to report; Villa example is being studied – Item No2 on next agenda. 

5.  Website working group
At the next (third) meeting, members will view work done so far. BCFC’s website will be independent from July 1st onwards. The club are looking at what they do with their video offering outside of the FLi network. ABr shared recent video view statistics of circa 800 views for Matty Taylor’s first interview on Player HD, compared to 15,000 on YouTube and 500,000 via Facebook Live. 

6.  Matchday experience for ambulant disabled supporters
MM had sent in some requests and questions which had not been answered beforehand: 
a) Every entrance to the stadium is stepped and there is still no seating provided in the concourse – reason given by BSL being H&S restrictions. Flip seats against the walls was suggested, which could be lockable after use. [action - BSL reps, DW at next SAG meeting]. 
‘Beer and Pie shelves’ are needed – Manchester City was cited as an example of using every nook and cranny. 
b) Stewards had not been effective in making standing supporters sit down in W17.  MM produced a photo showing a steward himself blocking the view. [action - ABm to inform MK and DW to monitor from police box at the next game] 

Next meeting
Thursday, May 11th 2017, 7pm.

Read more at http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/fan-meeting-minutes-february-2017-3598203.aspx#XeXhFlciHrIYT8Ey.99

That seems to be an incredibly short set of minutes. I'm not sure why things like 'Junior Fan' and 'Fan elections' are being discussed in such detail, seems a superfluous.

It's pretty clear from this thread there's lots of other matters people want discussed that are seemingly more important. I know some of these were discussed earlier, but to me that doesn't mean they can't be re-raised. 

FAN feels a bit like box ticking by the club on 'supporter engagement' without actually getting many tough questions.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived