IGNORED

Football League launch probe into Matty Taylors transfer

Smokey

4 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I really think that they have no case. Our argument will be that there was a figure which was in the media and we thought we would take a punt and see if it was just paper talk or genuine. They have to prove otherwise. Although I don't think the FA are bound by the "innocent until proven guilty" rules, if they decided to take action against us I am pretty sure we would fight it until we reached a court that will be. 

What if the actual figure was say £450k and that is what we bid? 

3 minutes ago, Dogbert said:

What if the actual figure was say £450k and that is what we bid? 

Well if that was the case, I guess it would put a different complexion on it, in fact any figure other than the one that was in the public domain would do so. It could be less.

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

can a play disclose a clause in his own contract? after all I could give you personal details in my contract of employment if I so wish and am not bound by a confidentiality clause 

Doesn't even have to come from the player - the club office, the law firm acting for either party.

Never ceases to amaze me how when a player signs a contract everyone knows how much they are earning.

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

can a play disclose a clause in his own contract? after all I could give you personal details in my contract of employment if I so wish and am not bound by a confidentiality clause 

There may be a clause in a football contract that states you can't disclose the content of the contract to anyone other than your representatives. 

But even if there were it would be impossible to prove/enforce if that information is passed on verbally. Footballers must discuss their contracts with each other. 

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

There may be a clause in a football contract that states you can't disclose the content of the contract to anyone other than your representatives. 

But even if there were it would be impossible to prove/enforce if that information is passed on verbally. Footballers must discuss their contracts with each other. 

Or family. I bet Zach Clough's dad knows the ins and outs of his contract.

20 hours ago, bearded_red said:

I heard a rumour on Tuesday that Rovers had been desperately offering him to everyone else in this division after we triggered the release clause. Cardiff and Reading showed an interest but Taylor had already made his mind up about City.

Could be nonsense of course, but the same guy (Rovers fan) knew on Monday night about Taylor joining us.

They did offer two boxes of clothes pegs and a sack of lucky heather in with the deal  but all to no avail .

I can't see where there are any grounds for a complaint??

The daily mail posted this release clause in Jan, a gas head posted this on thier forum, a week later we bid that amount.

On gas chat they are talking points deductions 10 million pound fines and the like.

If the tables were turned I would be utterly embarresed by the club's conduct.

There are posts again on gaschat asking for MTs address again. They need to get a grip and move on.

Family club my arse!

He has a buy out clause of about £360k

I posted the above in another Matty Taylor thread, on Nov 6th.

I was told this by a current Bristol Rovers first team player. I don't even know the player personally, but just happened to meet him and during a conversation about the (then) current position of both clubs, he very freely gave this information, along with his thoughts that they would probably lose Taylor in January due to the release clause.

Now, my question is, how many other people did this player freely give this information to, and if he knew the details, how many other Rovers staff knew the info and how many people did they tell?

Personally, I don't think it's any surprise at all that everyone from here to Timbuktu knew about Taylor's release clause!! 

3 minutes ago, ooRya said:

He has a buy out clause of about £360k

I posted the above in another Matty Taylor thread, on Nov 6th.

I was told this by a current Bristol Rovers first team player. I don't even know the player personally, but just happened to meet him and during a conversation about the (then) current position of both clubs, he very freely gave this information, along with his thoughts that they would probably lose Taylor in January due to the release clause.

Now, my question is, how many other people did this player freely give this information to, and if he knew the details, how many other Rovers staff knew the info and how many people did they tell?

Personally, I don't think it's any surprise at all that everyone from here to Timbuktu knew about Taylor's release clause!! 

Presumably the player wasn't Taylor!

Maybe Always the Victim FC should be looking closer to home. No, surely nothing could ever be their fault?! 

Too long a thread to trawl through so apologies if someone else posted.

as I read things, City bid £300k on Saturday 28th january

they are accused of using 'inside knowledge' of the release clause and agent or Taylor could be at fault.

well it was in the papers on 24th January...daily mail and hitc

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/01/24/report-sheffield-wednesday-and-wolves-on-alert-as-matty-taylor-h/

see link (that has a date)

that surely ends everything

13 minutes ago, phantom said:

6 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

never their fault

Crying to the press because they know the FA will say there is no case to answer.

10 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

never their fault

It certainly comes across that way and City have done nothing wrong but he does have a point about unregulated agents. Maybe there should be more control over what agents are suitably qualified and a code of conduct agreed? The role of an agent does seem a tad murky TBH.

26 minutes ago, phantom said:

Waaah, a bigger boy took my ball....

I imagine the FA and FIFA have set up a special panel to review the whole system because they lost Matty Taylor :laugh: 

27 minutes ago, phantom said:

The gift that keeps on giving.  Ignoring that the rumours about the release clause last year originated with other players in their squad and were perpetuated by their fans.  What a whiney bunch of tits.

From Slagchat

harleygas Avatar
From a good friend of Taylor's 

if he has a release clause it just means that any club that triggers the set amount will be able to talk to him.
rovers will just get whatever the amount is and the clubs that trigger it will be free to offer taylor a contract.
the only bidding war would be over taylors salary etc,rovers would just get the set amount which you say is 300k!!

paulpirate Avatar
Topper Gas Avatar
Can you honestly see us paying any transfer fees unless we sell MT for a decent fee? 

why not? If we want quality it will cost 

Taylor's release clause £300k or above nothing less so we got to hope for a bidding

:yawn:

And one for amusement- 

If he had a release clause as low as 300K he'd be long gone, I'm sure. That's peanuts to most championship clubs.'

Yep - You got it SAG :thumbsup:

13 minutes ago, 8menhadadream said:

It certainly comes across that way and City have done nothing wrong but he does have a point about unregulated agents. Maybe there should be more control over what agents are suitably qualified and a code of conduct agreed? The role of an agent does seem a tad murky TBH.

why not complain when Taylor signed his new contract,

They we happy for him to do that and happy to try and whore him to every other championship club in a bid for him not to sign for us,

Sour Grapes trying to deflect attention away from the fact they haven't got a pot to piss in

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

why not complain when Taylor signed his new contract,

They we happy for him to do that and happy to try and whore him to every other championship club in a bid for him not to sign for us,

Sour Grapes trying to deflect attention away from the fact they haven't got a pot to piss in

I don't disagree at all Monkeh, I really don't. I can only guess that the release clause was the only way they could get him to sign? With the clause inserted, they must have known they would lose him and I wonder if they would be moaning if it were any other club but us TBH? They didn't have to agree to the clause in the first place but they would have lost MT for nothing so I don't see what they're complaining about.

All that said, agents do have a murky reputation and it could do with tighter constraints IMHO, that bit I do agree with. The sour grapes, I obviously, do not.

49 minutes ago, 8menhadadream said:

I don't disagree at all Monkeh, I really don't. I can only guess that the release clause was the only way they could get him to sign? With the clause inserted, they must have known they would lose him and I wonder if they would be moaning if it were any other club but us TBH? They didn't have to agree to the clause in the first place but they would have lost MT for nothing so I don't see what they're complaining about.

All that said, agents do have a murky reputation and it could do with tighter constraints IMHO, that bit I do agree with. The sour grapes, I obviously, do not.

I'm not getting at you it's aimed solely at the gas,

i agree with the above though 

Archived