IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Rotherham United Match Day Thread

2 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Awful. A win is a win but, awful. 

Negative tactics. No style of play. No idea. 

Clearly this is tactics but with LJ in charge we are going nowhere. 

If we get even a point from our next 4 with anything less than double figures minus goal difference i will be shocked. 

Time to go Lee. 

I'm waiting for the LJ post match interview to see what postive spin he puts on it 

He should be a spin doctor for a politician

6 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I criticise SKY because they regularly talk bollocks.

However they are bound to be right occasionally, remember Kachina? Regularly posted BS, but occasionally there was something with an element of truth.

If that was enough to confuse you then I despair.

Your justification is poor. Kachina is not paid for his opinion, nor is he (to my knowledge) someone who works within the footballing industry. He was for all extensive purposes a pain in the ass.

I think someone who is paid to watch football games up and down the land evey weekend is probably pretty qualified to make a statement on whether they have watched an awful game of football.

Still, since you felt the need to be derogatory towards me you must be elated that by all accounts we've scraped a 1-0 victory against Rotherham.

You despair for me? :laugh: How drole.

Edit - more reports of us being awful coming in since I typed. 

Edited by OddBallJim
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

Your justification is poor. Kachina is not paid for his opinion, nor is he (to my knowledge) someone who works within the footballing industry. 

I think someone who is paid to watch football games up and down the land evey weekend is probably pretty qualified to make a statement on whether they have watched anthe awful game of football.

Still, since you felt the need to be derogatory towards me you must be elated that by all accounts we've scraped a 1-0 victory against Rotherham.

You despair for me? :laugh: How drole.

I'm delighted we won, that was the important thing. Not the manner of the win.

We have played well several times and lost this season, would you have preferred that? I expect not.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I'm delighted we won, that was the important thing. Not the manner of the win.

We have played well several times and lost this season, would you have preferred that? I expect not.

:laugh: If you can be delighted at our current plight then fair play to you. 

We have indeed played better and lost, but with a different squad to this one. Our recruitment has assembled a quality squad that should, without question, be competitive in and around 10th-15th in this league. By this I mean not scraping 1-0's against woeful opposition, but actually competing and challenging some of the teams established at this level comfortably, without sacrificing quality of football for results.

• Like 2

The bare minimum needed this week was four points; we got that.

Said in a post earlier this week that a win was needed as the form of those down the bottom might mean that would still only leave us just outside the drop zone, which is where we are now.

One positive is that QPR and Wolves (and hopefully Forest later too) have failed to move into midtable today, and are now only a few points ahead of us; with the form of those below, this might aid us.

I wasn't there, so no idea how good/bad the performance was, but we will need to play well to get anything from the next run of away games.  Hopefully we've got confidence from today, but a long road ahead.

Finally; good to see Djuric get a goal - like the lad, and if he can marry goals to his workrate, we'll have a serious player on our hands.

1 minute ago, OddBallJim said:

:laugh:If you can be delighted at our current plight then fair play to you. 

We have indeed played better and lost, but with a different squad to this one. Our recruitment has assembled a quality squad that should, without question, be competitive in and around 10th-15th in this league. By this I mean not scraping 1-0's against woeful opposition, but actually competing and challenging some of the teams established at this level comfortably, without sacrificing quality of football for results.

Where did I say that?

Don't twist my words or put words in my mouth.

I'm as upset with our current situation as anyone, but I am happy we won.

If you can respond without dishonest methods then I'll carry on, if not I won't waste my time typing something only for you to twist it into something else.

4 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Where did I say that?

Don't twist my words or put words in my mouth.

I'm as upset with our current situation as anyone, but I am happy we won.

If you can respond without dishonest methods then I'll carry on, if not I won't waste my time typing something only for you to twist it into something else.

The squad is good enough to compete at this level. We have decent players for our starting XI and good players for the bench. Our side is, without any doubt, much better than Rotherham.

However, we scraped a 1-0 win against a team that is being described on this forum, on SSN and on the BBC as poor. The game of football today that paying fans watched is consistently being described across social media and news sites and as abject, woeful, dire, poor etc etc

Like you, I'm happy for a City win. But I cannot be enthused that a side that possesses a definite degree of Championship quality, has been allowed to plummet to such lows that barely beating Rotherham in awful style is seen as a positive thing. That City side should be convincingly beating Rotherham, not just with goals but with convincing championship quality competitive football.

That's my opinion, I'm sure it's shared by many on here. But if you cannot see my point then I suggest we agree to disagree.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, OddBallJim said:

The squad is good enough to compete at this level. We have decent players for our starting XI and good players for the bench. Our side is, without any doubt, much better than Rotherham.

However, we scraped a 1-0 win against a team that is being described on this forum, on SSN and on the BBC as poor. The game of football today that paying fans watched is consistently being described across social media and news sites and as abject, woeful, dire, poor etc etc

Like you, I'm happy for a City win. But I cannot be enthused that a side that possesses a definite degree of Championship quality, has been allowed to plummet to such lows that barely beating Rotherham in awful style is seen as a positive thing. That City side should be convincingly beating Rotherham, not just with goals but with convincing championship quality competitive football.

That's my opinion, I'm sure it's shared by many on here. But if you cannot see my point then I suggest we agree to disagree.

I agree the squad is good enough to compete.

We scraped a win, OK. But here is the bit that matters. We won.

After such a terrible run of results it is common to see team go and get a scrappy win, the important part is the end product, not the means of getting there. We have played well and lost too many time this season and confidence will be low. 
Getting a win, however scrappy or narrow is the first step to building the confidence back up, and the better performances will follow.

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I agree the squad is good enough to compete.

We scraped a win, OK. But here is the bit that matters. We won.

After such a terrible run of results it is common to see team go and get a scrappy win, the important part is the end product, not the means of getting there. We have played well and lost too many time this season and confidence will be low. 
Getting a win, however scrappy or narrow is the first step to building the confidence back up, and the better performances will follow.

Couldn't agree more. Yes, it was poor, but there were two teams out there lacking any confidence and Rotherham weren't going to come to Ashton Gate and not put up a fight. 

Play like that against Newcastle and we will get battered. No ground picked up as others around us won, but didn't drop 2 points that we had to get today, although we did try for a large part of the game to throw it away. 

This is a win, but my god our style is bloody awful. How you can play one up top at home is beyond ridiculous.

It's about time the players, not just the manager, took the blame for the very poor display. It wasn't about tactics it was about atrocious control, inaccurate short passes etc. Some of our most reliable players were dreadful today.

And the crowd sang "you don't know what you're doing" as he made the substitutions that won the game, taking off the underperformers. Ironic.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Play like that against Newcastle and we will get battered. No ground picked up as others around us won, but didn't drop 2 points that we had to get today, although we did try for a large part of the game to throw it away. 

This is a win, but my god our style is bloody awful. How you can play one up top at home is beyond ridiculous.

Two ways of looking at that.

Yes Burton and Blackburn both won- but they beat Wolves and QPR respectively. Plus Ipswich drew with Reading, Forest beat Villa and Cardiff lost.

We gained some ground on those above, but those below yes as you were. But 5 points from 13th suggests this could be a long relegation slog involving many sides.

11 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Two ways of looking at that.

Yes Burton and Blackburn both won- but they beat Wolves and QPR respectively. Plus Ipswich drew with Reading, Forest beat Villa and Cardiff lost.

We gained some ground on those above, but those below yes as you were. But 5 points from 13th suggests this could be a long relegation slog involving many sides.

It generally start to even out around February/March. With LJ still at the helm we will be in the bottom 3 and will start falling behind which means even if we pick up a win we will be straight back in the mire the following week when we lose again. If this is progress then they can shove it.

On 2/5/2017 at 09:38, Cheesleysmate said:

It generally start to even out around February/March. With LJ still at the helm we will be in the bottom 3 and will start falling behind which means even if we pick up a win we will be straight back in the mire the following week when we lose again. If this is progress then they can shove it.

I think only Villa and possibly Brentford will really pull away tbh. I maintain there will be a lot of anxious sides above us for a while yet.